034

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

Jinah bit her nails as she stood in her closet staring at her clothes with anxiety. She didn’t know what she was suppose to wear or how she was suppose to act. She felt her heart thumping in her chest and her emotions running wild as she was on the verge of a panic attack.

“Why are you so nervous?” asked Sehun as he stood by the doorway with his arms crossed, chuckling as he watched his nervous mate.

“Why?” Repeated Jinah turning to at Sehun, giving him a stink eye. “Because you literally just dropped a bomb on top of me!”

Jinah turned back to her clothes just as Sehun crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, giving her a sweet embrace.

“You’ll be fine,” muttered Sehun as he gave Jinah a small peck on the side of her neck. “What happened to the confident Jinah almost a week ago?”

“She disappeared because of you!” exasperated Jinah turning around to glare at her boyfriend. “Who was the one who showed up literally 10 minutes ago telling me that I was about to meet his parents?”

Sehun scratched the back of his head sheepishly before raising his left hand. “Me?”

“Yea, you.” growled Jinah nudging her finger on his chest. “You could have given me at least a day heads up instead of showing up at my door the day of!”

“Now that would just ruin the fun wouldn’t it?” Said Sehun giving her a cheeky grin making Jinah roll her eyes. He loved teasing his mate almost as much as he loved kissing her.

“This is not fun…at all!” Whined Jinah. “…I hate you…”

“No, you love me!” Grinned Sehun unfazed by her statement.

“…no…I do not!” Argued Jinah not wanting to lose or give in.

“Mmmm you love me Lee Jinah” shook his head as Sehun smiled, giving her waist another loving squeeze.

Seeing that she wasn’t answering him, Sehun continuously gave Jinah pecks on the neck, making her squirm because of how ticklish she was. She was desperately trying to maintain a straight face, not wanting to give into how cute her boyfriend was being.

“Are you still mad?” Whispered Sehun into her ear. Jinah accidentally let out a tiny giggle but immediately covered , acting like nothing had happened. But of course, Sehun had caught her and let out a loud laugh.

“Just wait until you have to meet my parents” muttered Jinah, already plotting her revenge, as she began to carefully contemplate what she was going to wear. “Acting all cute and …hmph.”

Sehun grinned in both amusement and triumph. He knew that no matter how tough Jinah wanted to act sometimes, she would eventually give into him.

-----

Jinah sighed as she nervously twiddled with her fingers with Sehun on her left in front of his parents’ house. She had been sighing multiple times as Sehun drove the two of them over to his parents' house, one hand on the wheel while the other one rubbing small circles onto the back of Jinah's hand, trying to ease her nervousness.

“I…I don’t think I can do this…” muttered Jinah turning around, walking away from the front door and the front porch.

Sehun followed after her and grabbed her arm softly, causing her to turn around. 

“Hey,” said Sehun as he softly cupped her face. “You’ll be fine, my parents are going to love you.”

“What if they don’t like me?” Asked Jinah quietly looking down at the ground.

“They’ll love you.” Said Sehun emphasizing the word. “Trust me.”

“And if they don’t?” Jinah asked again.

“That’s impossible. Because if I love you, they’ll you too…” said Sehun softly.

“What kind of logic is that…” mumbled Jinah despite how genuine he sounded. Sometimes the things Sehun says just sound unbelievable to her ears, and the same goes with Sehun when he listens to some of the things Jinah says. Maybe this was why their relationship worked out so well, and not just because they were destined to be together.

“The best kind of logic, Sehun logic!” Said Sehun cheekily trying to ease the tension that was built up inside of Jinah. Her nervousness and uneasiness was written evidently all over her face, especially the crease in her forehead.

“I…I just…can’t Sehun” muttered Jinah unconfidently. “I’ve never been in this position…and wipe that smirk off your face!”

Sehun had let out a small smirk when she said that she’s never met any of her past boyfriends’ parents, but immediately “unsmirked” when she had caught him. It made his heart feel lighter at the fact that they were going through many firsts together. He also found it so cute that his mate was this nervous to be introduced to his parents.

“And I’ve never brought a girl home to meet my parents,” replied Sehun genuinely, as he rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. He leaned down to give Jinah a sweet kiss on the lips that lasted a couple of seconds. From their kiss, he felt Jinah slowly loosen up, and he low-key loved the fact that he had this effect on her. “And besides, I’ll be here with you.” 

“Promise?” Asked Jinah slightly pouting.

“Promise. Now let’s go.” said Sehun with his hand still holding Jinah’s. The two made their way up the front steps and back up to the front door. Sehun glanced at Jinah who was still evidently nervous but still gave him a small nod, as if silently telling him that she was going to be alright. 

With that, Sehun brought his other hand up to knock on the door, making Jinah slightly jump in her spot because of all the nervousness built up inside of her. Jinah took a deep breath and squeezed Sehun’s hand, trying to calm her nerves. 

Suddenly, the door swung open revealing a petite looking woman with a wide grin plastered on her face.

“Sehun!” Said the woman, whom Jinah assumed was Sehun’s mother, with an excited expression written on her face. She quickly brought Sehun into an embrace as if she hadn’t seen her son in a while, which was quite true considering Sehun had always been a workaholic. 

“Hi mom,” said Sehun returning the hug, letting go of Jinah’s hand for a second before grasping it again when his mother pulled away.

“And you must be his mate, Jinah! It’s so nice to finally meet you!” Said Sehun’s mother, quickly pulling Jinah into a tight hug. Jinah’s eyes widened at the sudden embrace that she wasn’t at all expecting. 

“It’s nice to meet you too Mrs. Oh,” said Jinah with her hand still in Sehun’s as she politely returned the hug. 

“That’s enough mom, are you planning to squeeze her to death?” Asked Sehun mischievously. It was obvious where Sehun gets his playfulness that had been hidden under his love for working the past few years.

Sehun’s mother glared at her son playfully as if asking him who he was to tell her what to do, but pulled away before taking a good look at Jinah.

“You are so beautiful, my dear!” said Sehun’s mother grinning. “How did my son get lucky and end up such a beautiful mate?”

“No no,” denied Jinah shaking her head obviously embarrassed. “I’m not at all beautiful! And I’m the one who’s lucky…to be able to meet someone as amazing as Sehun.”

Sehun felt his heart skip a beat when he felt how genuine his mate sounded as she conversed with his mother. Jinah turned to give Sehun a loving gaze and a small squeeze.

“You’re too humble Jinah,” said Sehun’s mother as she stood in front of the two with a content smile on her lips. “I can tell we’re going to get along amazingly! We can look at Sehun’s baby pictures, I’ll tell you some of his embarrassing stories, and-“

“Mom!” Sehun immediately cut his mother off completely embarrassed and not liking the fact that Jinah was about to find out about his embarrassing past experiences.

“And we can go shopping, and bake, Oh! Did I already say shopping?” Continued Sehuns mother completely ignoring Sehun as she took Jinah’s hands in hers. “You know I’ve always wanted a daughter. Being stuck in a house full of men is not necessarily the definition of fun…It literally smells like men in here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!”

“Are you going to keep them at the front door all day?” Asked a deep voice coming from behind Sehun’s mother, evidently cutting the woman off. A tall man, who had an intimidating aura yet a kind looking expression on his face, walked up behind Sehun’s mother and placed an arm around her waist.

“Yeobo! I was just about to call you over!” Chirped Sehun’s mother turning to look at her husband. 

“Hey dad,” said Sehun giving his dad a small hug. Jinah’s eyes widened as she stood in front of the famous former CEO of Oh Enterprise. Of course she felt a bit intimidated, but his kind smile made her slightly relax.

“This is Jinah, Sehun’s mate.” Introduced Sehun’s mother. “Isn’t she beautiful?”

“And so I’ve heard multiple times,” said Sehun’s father giving Jinah a smile that looked oh so familiar. Now Sehun knew where he got both his height and his smile. “It’s nice to finally meet you Jinah.”

“It’s so nice to meet you too Mr. Oh!” Said Jinah returning the smile giving him a small bow out of courtesy.

“I think you guys have gotten enough fresh air for now,” said Sehun’s dad chuckling as he turned to look at his wife. “Chagiya, don’t you think we should let them in now?”

 “Oh, silly me! Come in, come in!”