012

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Thank you guys so much for all the support; subscribing, commenting, and upvoting (: I got so many supporting comments and feedback (which i love love love reading so please continue to comment) that I can't wait to further continue this story. I did in fact promote this story which is why there's so many of you and I just want to say how grateful I am for all of you guys <3 I hope you continue to support this story and enjoy the chapter :)

xoxo

-----

The light shined into Jinah’s room, wind blowing making her curtains flutter against the window. 

Mumbling incoherent words, Jinah opened one eye, blinking to get use the bright light. Thinking back to the previous night, Jinah wondered if last night’s events actually occured. 

Bringing her wrists to her face, she shivered at the thought of the man who could’ve potentially killed her if Sehun had not saved her.

Speaking of Sehun, noticed that her apartment was empty like how it was the previous day, leaving no trace of Sehun what so ever. Jinah scratched her head trying to remember whether or not she had fallen asleep on the bed and how she had gotten there. 

Jinah sat up and stretched her arms, feeling the ache in her between her shoulder blades. Looking over at the clock, Jinah’s eyes widened. 

5:30 p.m.

! I’m late! 

Her shift was at 5 and she realized she had just slept basically the whole day away. Scrambling up to her feet, Jinah bolted towards the restroom, not before tripping over her blanket, falling face first on the ground. 

Jinah groaned as she lifted her face up glaring at her blanket.

Stupid dumb blanket. Why are you always in the way!!?

Standing up with a bright red nose, she rushed to the bathroom, carrying on with her “morning” routine.

God dammit. Can my day get any worse?

-----

Jinah ran into the bar, shouting, “Sorry I’m late!” Shocking both the employees and customers. Employees shocked because they had thought Jinah wasn’t going to show up at work due to last night’s events and customers shocked because of the sudden shout. 

Embarrassed, Jinah quickly bowed her head indicating an apology and made her way to the bar. 

“You” said Seokjin pointing his finger at Jinah causing the girl to widen her eyes in shock “Aren’t you suppose to be at home resting?”

“I didn’t call in sick” said Jinah surprised that they knew about what had happened to her yesterday.

“But yesterday…?” said Ji Ae in a small questioning voice.

“I’m fine” said Jinah as stares of uncertainty were thrown at her. “Really.”

“Really?”asked Jungkook lifting up her hands, taking a look at her wrists.

“Really.” Said Jinah giving her best friend a smile. Although they had merely just met less than a month ago, Jungkook was already considered her best friend and vice versa. They didn’t seem like it but they surprisingly had a lot in common. 

“You” said Yoongi this time pointing at her nose. “Why is your nose red?”

“Did you fall again…?” Asked Jimin giving her a look of incredulousness making Jinah shrivel back in her stool avoiding eye contact. 

“You did didn’t you!?” Said Jungkook in disbelief with Taehyung laughing in the background.

“Okay maybe I did maybe I didn’t” shrugged Jinah. “To be fair-“

“The blanket was in your way” finished everyone in unison. Jinah pouted at the thought of her failed excused and rubbed her still red nose. 

“Okay now you are officially banned from working today” declared Namjoon.

“But” said Jinah.

“No buts” said Namjoon shutting Jinah up. “They’re orders.”

“Orders from who? Aren’t you the boss?” Protested Jinah. 

“Orders from…myself” said Namjoon grinning at his self proclaimed “smart” remark. “And Sehun.” He added the last part quietly but sadly did not go unnoticed by Jinah. 

Jinah turned to the others for help and of course got none. 

“Oh look, more tables to wait on” said Ji Ae turning away. 

“More glass cups to clean!” Yoongi inspecting a cup in his hand pointing to himself on his chest “I take my work very seriously”

She turned to look at Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung, all three of them giving her a small smile before getting back to work. 

Giving Hoseok the puppy eyes, she begged him to at least give her some work. 

“Sorry Nana” said Hoseok patting the girl on the head. “Boss’s orders”

“Since when do you all listen to the boss!” Jinah said flabbergasted, throwing her hands up in the air. 

“Hey!” Protested Namjoon.

“no offense” added Jinah. 

“Very much taken” said Namjoon sassily, pretending to flip his nonexistent long hair.

She turned to Seokjin who was adding Tequila to a glass full of ice. 

“Sorry kiddo,” said Seokjin looking up, giving Jinah a small smile. “Sehun’s scary when he’s mad”

“But you’re older” retorted Jinah pouting. 

“But he’s scary” replied Seokjin childishly making Jinah sigh in defeat. 

“Stupid dumb rich CEO” muttered Jinah, which did not go unnoticed by the werewolves who had super hearing. “Dumb Oh Sehun”

-----

“And he won’t let me work!” Ranted Jinah to Baekhyun, taking a deep breath. 

It was 10 at night and by this time, most of the Exo pack was at the bar, minus Sehun of course. Baekhyun had walked in with Jongdae and Chanyeol, only to find a very bored Jinah sitting on a stool in front of the bar, spinning around.

And that was when the ranting started.

“No way” said Baekhyun trying to give the girl a decent reaction.

“Damn she’s a ranter” said Baekhyun in pack link.

“She’s been at this for almost an hour” said Jongin.

“I feel like it’s going in circles” said Chanyeol.

“No Sherlock” muttered Kyungsoo. 

“I heard from Ji Ae that back in the states her and her best friend would have 5 hour rant sessions” said Joonmyeon.

“yea I also heard that she AND Ji Ae noona have rant sessions about and ert customers in the middle of work” said Jongdae. 

“Jungkook said she’ll use English to rant to him but he doesn’t understand so he’ll just nod in agreement” added Yixing. “How do you rant?”

Everyone groaned internally at the third eldest’s remark.

“Poor Bangtan…” muttered Minseok. “If my Moonbyul joins, they would have a rant PARTY.”

“That…that would be such a nightmare” shuddered Chanyeol.

“Why do girls like ranting?” Asked Joonmyeon.

“Why don’t you ask YOUR girl hyung?” Asked Jongdae.

“Kim Jongdae did I ask for your sass?” Asked Joonmyeon using his alpha tone that did not seem to faze Jongdae one bit. 

“No sir” replied Jongdae saluting the man, which looked weird because they were speaking in pack link. 

“Oh Sehun can you come get your girl please thanks” said Baekhyun. 

“She’s been talking you for the past hour” added Chanyeol. 

“I’ll be there soon” was the only thing Sehun said. 

“Not going to lie, it’s pretty amusing since no one has the guts to talk Mr. Ice Prince here anyways.” Said Jongin.

“He’s only letting it go because it’s his mate” said Minseok.

“Whipped I’m telling you” said Jongdae. “Whipped!”

“Shut up you idiots” said Sehun. “before I leave her with you guys for another hour”

“Like I’m not even injured. It’s not like it’s a difficult job. That’s such a pretty drink color” rambled Jinah whilst getting distracted. “I’m just waiting on people! Do you feel?”

“oh ya I definitely feel” said Baekhyun empathizing with the girl.

“I feel too” said Chanyeol putting a hand on his chest, causing everyone to groan.

“See this is why I like you guys” said Jinah pointing at the two who were paying attention to her. “You guys listen to me.”

“Guys, I think it’s almost over…” said Jongdae cheering in pack link.

“Like honestly, who does he think he is” added Jinah.

“Just kidding” added Jongdae.

“Spoke too soon.” Muttered Baekhyun.

“I’m Oh Sehun who else?” Said Sehun walking through the front door with both his hands in his pockets. 

Immediately Jinah bit her lip, pretending to look anywhere but at him. 

“What’s wrong chatterbox?” asked Sehun. “You seemed to be talking up a storm before I came and ruined your flow.”

“You party pooper” muttered Jinah pouting. 

“Come on chatty,” chuckled Sehun at her cute gesture. “I’ll take you home.”

“No!” Protested Jinah, wanting to make Sehun’s life a little bit more difficult, which Sehun responded with a “playful” glare, causing Jinah to back off and pout. “Fine…”

Jinah got up and bid goodbye to everyone who were still seated at the bar. 

“Told you he was scary” whispered Seokjin as Jinah walked passed, causing Sehun to raise his eyebrows.