033

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Oh my gosh, I got featured!! I never would have imagined that any of my stories would ever get featured, but here we are! And this is all thanks to my lovely readers. Thank you all who subscribed, commented, and upvoted! I didn't find out until noon and I almost flipped over my Mac because I was that surprised. Thank you for all the congratulations and for supporting my story :)  I love you all and I hope you enjoy the chapter!

xoxo

-----

“Madam” bowed Sehun playfull before opening the car door, sticking out his hand for Jinah to hold. 

Jinah giggled and grabbed his hand, “Why thank you kind sir”

The two made their way hand in hand into the grocery store where Sehun swiftly without letting go of Jinah’s hand, grabbed a cart. Sehun pushed the cart towards the vegetable section with Jinah following after him.

“What are you going to make?” Asked Jinah looking around.

“What are you craving?” Replied Sehun.

“It’s cold now…so something with soup” Said Jinah looking impressed that he was going to let her decide on the menu.

“How about budae jjigae?” Asked Sehun.

“That’s exactly what I was craving!” Said Jinah nodding her head before tapping her temple. “You know what they say…great minds think alike!”

Sehun smiled as he bagged a few green onions and placed it in the cart.

“You know how to cook that?” Asked Jinah looking at Sehun suspiciously.

“Of course…who do you think I am” smirked Sehun before he headed towards the area with mushrooms. 

Jinah rolled her eyes as she trailed after him muttering incoherent words under her breath. “Cocky much?”

“Heard that.” Grinned Sehun turning around to give Jinah a raised eyebrow.

“Stupid dumb werewolf boy with superficial hearing…”

“Heard that too”

Jinah huffed and slowly made her way towards the snack section while Sehun headed towards the meat section. Feeling his mate slowly disappear from behind his back, Sehun frowned and looked around. He finally located his mate, who was walking towards him with a happy grin written on her face. In her hands, there were three large bags of chips, a tub of gummy bears, and banana milk stacked on the very top.

“A little help here” muttered Jinah throwing the contents into the cart. “Never mind.”

“What is all this?” Asked Sehun widening his eyes in bewilderment. 

“Snacks” replied Jinah giving him a cheeky grin.

“Yea, I can see that…but all of that?” Questioned Sehun in unbelievability. 

“Why? Are you going to stop loving me if I finish all this?” Jinah tilted her head to the side and blinked twice with her big eyes. 

Sehun returned two blinks before quickly speaking. “No, you know th-“

“Then, thank you!” Jinah quickly cut Sehun off with a kiss on the cheek before prancing away to the dairy section.

Sehun shook his head in puzzlement as he looked at the cart before muttering to himself.

“I swear you have a palette of a child”

-----

Sehun stirred the soup with one hand on his hip and the other on the ladle. When they had gotten back to the pack house, Jinah was greeted with a bunch of happy faces and hugs, happy that she had recovered. Jinah made them promise to show them their wolves before being ushered to the elevator by a very impatient Sehun and up to his loft.

He then proceeded to sit Jinah down on his couch, turning on the television for her entertainment. However, she ended up wandering over to the kitchen where Sehun was preparing their dinner before Sehun stopped what he was doing to kick Jinah out of the kitchen. Every 5 minutes she would end up back in the kitchen intrigued at what Sehun was doing before he would once again usher her out of the kitchen. 

It got to the point where Sehun gave up and let Jinah stay. So that’s exactly what Jinah has been doing for the past couple of minutes. She plopped herself onto a stool by the kitchen bar with her elbow propped up, head resting on her hand. Her gaze wandered to his toned backside where his muscles were evident through his shirt. 

“Are you sure you don’t need any help?” Asked Jinah sighing out of boredom.

“You’re bored aren’t you?” Replied Sehun adding the ham into the soup.

“How’d you know?” Asked Jinah swinging her feet back and forth.

“Mate’s intuition” said Sehun before adding. “And you sighed about 5 times since you’ve sat on that chair.”

Sehun put the lid onto the pot and turned around to face Jinah who once again sighed. 

“come here” said Sehun opening his arms, motioning for Jinah to come over. Obeying, Jinah made her way towards him, resting her head on his chest as she wrapped her arm around his waist.

“It smells so good” muttered Jinah looking up into Sehun’s eyes.

“Thank you” 

“Not you. I meant the soup” blinked Jinah still with her eyes locked onto Sehun’s. “But you smell you good too”

“You’re lucky you’re cute” said Sehun as he threw his head back as he laughed. Coming back to his senses, he leaned down and gave Jinah a quick peck on the lips. 

“How do you feel about meeting my parents?” Asked Sehun carefully as he processed Jinah’s reaction.

As expected, Jinah’s eyes widened not expecting this question to come out of Sehun’s mouth. 

“Wha-“

Sehun cut Jinah off and began to speak. “I know it seems sudden, but with werewolves and their mates…it’s pretty normal and I know it might seem to early”

“Sehun…Sehun! You’re mumbling…” shouted Jinah trying to get Sehun’s attention. She slowly raised her hand up and cupped his cheek. “I would love to meet your parents…”

“I know you might not- wait what…?” Asked Sehun with his eyes widened.

“I said, I would love to meet your parents” said Jinah. “I mean of course I’m nervous and all but I understand that because you’re a werewolf, how do I say this… I’m about to spend the rest of my life with you so of course I’m going to have to meet your parents.”

“Really?” Whispered Sehun cupping Jinah’s face.

“really.” Said Jinah giving him a small smile. Sehun leaned down and quickly captured Jinah’s lips in his. The kiss was long and sensual, yet careful and loving. There was a tint of desire in the air as Sehun nibbled on Jinah’s lower lip, causing her to slightly open . It wasn’t until a loud bubbling noise from the pot that the two broke apart slightly panting before Sehun quickly turned off the stove.

Sehun turned back to Jinah who was still catching her breath and gave her a small peck on her forehead. 

“Thank you” whispered Sehun as he lifted the pot and placed it onto the counter in front of the stool. 

Coming back to her senses, Jinah’s face let out a big smile before she gleefully made her way to the counter, taking a seat on the stool, excited to try the food. Sehun carefully set a bowl of rice in front of her just as Jinah raised her spoon to get a taste of the soup. 

“Careful it’s hot” said Sehun knowing that the girl in front of him was very impatient and that even though she was a grown woman, in front of food, she was merely just a child. He grabbed a stool and sat in front of her, head in his palms as he waited for her feedback.

Taking his warning, Jinah blew on the soup before slowly taking a sip. Jinah’s eyes widened as a delicious taste hit her tongue.

“This is so good” said Jinah complimenting Sehun. “I didn’t know you could cook so well?”

“Is it really?” Asked Sehun before taking a sip himself. His eyes widened as he himself was impressed with his own cooking. “Damn…it really is”

“Why are you surprised at your own cooking?” Asked Jinah letting a bewildered grin stay plastered on her face as she took another bite.

“Because I always thought my parents were lying about it tasting good…” muttered Sehun as he began to scarf down the food.

“That’s kind of sad…” said Jinah before giving him an encouraging look. “It really is delicious.”

“Well, I’m glad” said Sehun finally letting out a smile, happy that his mate likes his cooking. “I’ll cook for you often…”

“But you work all day…wouldn’t you be exhausted?” Asked Jinah giving Sehun a concerned look. 

Sehun shook his head in denial. “Not if I see you’re cute face everyday…speaking of everyday…why don’t you move in with me?”

“What?” Asked Jinah almost spitting out her food.

“I mean you’re my mate…and I just…want you with me” muttered Sehun shyly scratching the back of his head.

Jinah began to think about the possibilities of moving in with Sehun, not knowing where her thoughts were going, but of course she was overthinking it once again.

“Well, you can move in after I mark you” continued Sehun noticing Jinah’s thinking face, adding the last part quietly hoping Jinah had not heard it. 

But Jinah had caught him.

“What’s marking?” Asked Jinah tilting her head to the side. She had briefly heard the term between the boys’ conversation earlier but she still didn’t have a clue on what the term meant.

“I guess it means when you become my official mate” said Sehun trying to keep the explanation as simple as possible.

“But aren’t we official mates now?” Questioned Jinah again.

“Technically but technically not.” Answered Sehun rubbing his chin. “It won’t be official until I bite you and a mark shows up on your back”

“What kind of mark?” Asked Jinah touching the back of her neck in curiosity.

“My mark, it would mean I’m officially yours and you’re officially mine.. well kind of…until we you know what” Sehun scratched his head not knowing what to say.

“You know what?”

“You know when two people very much love each other and they kiss and do that” Sehun’s ears turned red but at the same time he knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

“What’s that…Oh! You mean…that” muttered Jinah as she lowered her head in embarrassment. She felt her face temperature skyrocket up as she began to fan it. “woo, it’s getting hot in here”

Sehun recovered from embarrassment before nodding awkwardly. His wolf danced around in his consciousness at the thought of marking his mate.

“Will it hurt?” Asked Jinah looking at Sehun.

“Will what hurt? That or the biting part?” Answered Sehun not getting what exactly she was asking.

Jinah stood up with a red face and leaned over to give Sehun a slap on the arm. “I meant the bite…”

“Oh! I don’t think so” said Sehun rubbing the part she had slapped. “It’ll be like a prick.”

“Oh, okay…then I guess…I’ll move in after you mark(?) me?” Said Jinah quietly looking down at her fingers as she played with them nervously.

“Nervous?” Asked Sehun putting down his chopsticks.

“A little…mostly about meeting your parents” said Jinah rubbing her hands together.

“You don’t have to worry about that” urged Sehun as he gestured Jinah to continue eating. “I’m sure they’ll love you not as much as I love you…but they will love you”

“I hope so”