017

The Light to my Darkness [hiatus]

A/N: Hello, sorry for the late update! 120 upvotes and almost 2000 subscribers!!! Thank you guys so so much for supporting this story <3 I just want to say that you guys are so so so sweet and that your comments honestly make my day. You guys even thanked me for updating often and wow, that makes me so touched to the heart. It should be me thanking you for loving my story! I really do read all of the comments so please do leave your thoughts! Enjoy the chapter and again, thank you guys so much <3

xoxo

-----

Jinah poked her head out of the bathroom with a towel draped over her neck

“I’m done.”

Sehun looked up from his pillow only to see his mate standing in his clothes, hair still dripping from the shower.

His clothes.

She was wearing his clothes and god did she look good. Sehun gulped down a swallow as his eyes trailed down to where his sweatshirt ended a few inches above her knees and her bare legs that stuck out from under a pair of his shorts. 

She had seemingly rolled the shorts up because of how long they were, exposing more of her legs.

The fact that she was in his clothes meant his scent was mixed in with hers making his wolf purr in satisfaction.

Shaking his head to get all those thoughts out of his mind, he cleared his throat and patted the seat next to him. 

Jinah blinked and slowly made her way towards the male. Jinah took a cautious seat on the bed, sitting in crisscross position.

Grabbing another towel, Sehun positioned himself in front of her, with her sitting on the bed and him standing in front of her. 

“What are yo-“

Before she had the chance to finish, he placed the towel over her head and started to gently rub her hair with the towel. 

Her eyes slowly left her lap and made their way up to his face. He had a warm yet determined look on his face as he focused on drying every single piece of her hair. Despite the rumors she had heard about Sehun being a cold boss, she couldn’t see it.

Jinah closed her eyes in bliss enjoying the little massages he gave while drying her hair. She felt Sehun stop moving, removing the towel from her face. Before she could protest, she felt the bed dip and a source of warmth behind her. 

Slowly, Sehun ran a comb through her hair. A soothing and relaxing feeling radiated from her body. She had gotten her hair combed before however she never imagined it to feel this good. 

“Ah, I love it when someone combs my hair.” Sighed Jinah. 

Sehun took a peak at her face and chuckled when he saw that had a slight grin and her eyes were closed. He gently tugged at her hair, removing all the tangles until her hair was silky smooth. 

“There all done” said Sehun splitting her hair in half and putting it to her sides. 

“Were you a hairdresser in your past life?” Asked Jinah running her hands through her smooth hair turning around to face Sehun. “you’re pretty good.”

“I use to comb my mother’s hair” replied Sehun giving Jinah a small smile. He climbed off the bed, placing the comb on the small table beside his bed. “Let’s go, the others are waiting.”

Jinah nodded and followed the male. She hadn’t noticed before but as she trailed after Sehun, his back was broad and muscular. Instead of his usual work attire, he was wearing a simple white v neck that hugged his muscles and light blue jeans that emphasized the length of his legs. 

Lost in her thoughts, she didn’t realize that Sehun had stopped, causing her to crash into his back. 

“Ouch” muttered Jinah rubbing her nose. She poked Sehun’s back feeling how hard his back was. “What is this even made of?”

“It’s all muscle cutie” winked Sehun playfully as he turned around. 

“tsk” said Jinah rolling her eyes with an evident blush on her cheeks. She wrinkled her nose and rubbed it with her finger. 

Before she had a chance to continue on, she felt a large warm hand grab her’s , removing her finger from her nose. Sehun brought his face close to hers examining her nose.

“Are you okay?” Gone was the playful Sehun and instead replaced with a concerned Sehun startling a very flustered Jinah. He tilted his head to the side and seemed to be examining every inch of her nose.

“Ahem” Jinah quickly cleared . “I’m fine…really. We should go down, the others are waiting for us.”

“Oh, right” said Sehun snapping out of his little trance. “Let’s go”

He turned back around and continued down a set of mini stairs. Jinah took a deep breath, hand on her chest as she tried to calm her heart down before following after Sehun. 

-----

To say a complete mess is an understatement. It was an absolute disaster, maybe even a nightmare. Sehun and Jinah stood side by side looking at the mess in the living room. 

Baekhyun was running around the living room with whip cream all over his body, chasing Jongin who had thrown a can of whip cream at him that “supposedly” popped open. In the process of chasing Jongin, the whip cream had gotten all over his face, covering his eyes making him trip over a fallen pillow, which led to him getting whip cream all over the floor, followed by almost an hour of Mineok, the clean freak’s, nagging. 

Chanyeol and Jongdae were arguing about chores, causing pillows to be thrown around the room. 

Ji Ae and Moonbyul were talking in hushed voices discussing what seemed to be something important. Joonmyeon was on the side rubbing his forehead because of all the noise while snuggling into Ji Ae’s side. 

The only normal ones seemed to be Yixing and Kyungsoo who were in the kitchen.

“Are they always like this?” Asked Jinah looking up at Sehun who was internally slamming his face against the wall. He hadn’t planned for Jinah to come over so soon, let alone have her witness scenes like this that literally occur every single day. 

To Jinah, they were a bunch of rich business men who lived nearby, who had a sophisticated and chic aura surrounding them. She knew they were fun to be around, but she didn’t know they were just a bunch of crazy immature kids.

Life surely is unexpected. 

“… at 4:30 in the morning…?” Added Jinah. Sehun had found her at around 1AM, meaning she had been unconscious for a little bit more than an hour.

“You could say that” replied Sehun sighing rubbing his forehead. “Sorry for all the mess…”

“It’s fine!” Jinah gave Sehun a reassuring smile. “Everyone has their inner craziness.”

“Does that mean I haven’t seen it yet from you?” Asked Sehun nudging the girl on the shoulder. 

“Maybe you will soon” smiled Jinah. “I’ll go see if they need help in the kitchen.”

Jinah proceeded onto the kitchen where Kyungsoo and Yixing were huddled up and had their heads together looking at what seemed like a cook book.

“Do you guys need any help?” Asked Jinah. Shocked, Yixing and Kyungsoo suddenly lifted their heads up, bumping their foreheads against each other. They had not heard Jinah walk into the kitchen hence why they were holding their heads in pain. 

“Oh my gosh, are you guys okay?”

“We’re fine, I’m fine!” said Kyungsoo rubbing his forehead. Yixing gave Jinah an okay sign with his hand indicating he was alright. 

“We’re deciding breakfast.” Continued Kyungsoo. 

“This early?” Asked Jinah.

“Yea, we’re usually up this early for our runs anyways.” Added Yixing.

“Runs? You guys run this early in the morning?” Asked Jinah looking at the clock which said 4:37 AM. Kyungsoo sent Yixing a warning look, which Jinah did not catch. 

“Yea ehe, we love running!” Said Yixing quickly, rubbing the back of his neck careful with choosing his words.

“Yea, what he said…” glared Kyungsoo at the older male. He swore that even though Yixing was older than him, he was so forgetful.

“So! Mei Mei…” Yixing said suddenly before loosing his confidence. “What are you doing here again…?”

Kyungsoo sighed giving Yixing a look of bewilderedness and disbelief. “She’s asking if she could help us…”

“oh…then oh my god yes please Mei!!” Yixing ran over to Jinah and quickly pulled her into an embrace. “It’s so much work trying to make food for 11 people…”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to…” said Kyungsoo pulling Yixing off of her before Sehun walked in. He knew how possessive wolves are especially with their mates.

“It’s no problem!” Said Jinah rolling up the sleeves of Sehun’s sweatshirt while walking over to the sink to wash her hands. “I’d love to help.”

Kyungsoo handed her some vegetables as she started chopping spam, one can into thin slices and another into thin pieces. Her hands worked automatically as she thought of the weird feeling she had been getting around Sehun. 

She knew that whenever he touched her, there was this tingly yet pleasing sensation and she couldn’t figure out why it was happening. 

“What are you doing?” Asked Jongin plopping down onto a stool across the island counter breaking Jinah out of her thoughts. 

“Helping with breakfast” replied Jinah, looking up to give Jongin a small smile. He nodded satisfied with the fact that his best friend wouldn’t have to keep eating junk food for lunch and dinner at the office.

“I didn’t know you could cook” said Jongin resting his head on his palm.

“Just a tiny bit” replied Jinah lifting up her hand making a pinching motion. Jongin kept  Jinah company with Yixing and Kyungsoo occasionally joining in. 

Jongin being considered as one of the youngest among the guys, threw bits and pieces of ingredients at the two older males, attempting to disrupt their work. 

Almost receiving no breakfast and a ban from the kitchen, Jongin was soon ushered out by a fuming Kyungsoo muttering curse words at the guy under his breath. 

Jinah found Jongin to be surprisingly easy and fun to talk to. He was playful and was like a small puppy, yet serious at times. 

Kyungsoo had a motherly aura radiating from him and seemed to really cherish his kitchen.

Yixing was quiet yet had this charm to him that made him likable. He was forgetful and clumsy but regardless of what he was doing, he put in a lot of effort. 

Kyungsoo and Yixing went out of the kitchen to set up the dining table, leaving Jinah alone with the task of frying the thin slices of spam. 

Turning off the stove, Jinah looked around for a plate and finally spotted one on the top shelf above the counter. 

Cursing her short height, she tip toed up to grab the plate, only to fail. Sighing she tried to reach up again only to feel a body hug her back, one hand trapping her in the space, the other reaching up to grab the plate.

Almost instantly, she felt the sparks and immediately knew who it was. 

“You’re going to get hurt again” Sehun whispered into her ear as he put the plate on the counter next to her. Shocked, Jinah turned around wide eyed only to be met with his chest.

Sehun stared down at her, gazing into her big brown eyes. He swore that every time he locked eyes with her, he easily got lost in them because of how beautiful they were. 

Moments passed as the two stood staring at one another.

“Are you two done cuddling?” A voice called out breaking the two out of their trance. Jinah peered over Sehun’s shoulder, having to tip toe due to his tall height. She saw that Ji Ae had walked into the kitchen with Moonbyul in tow who was leaning against the door frame with her arms crossed and a smirk across her face.

“We want to borrow Jinah for a sec” said Moonbyul giving the girl a wink. 

Sehun nodded at Jinah giving her a small before reaching behind her to grab the plate. He proceeded to place the fan fried spam onto the plate. 

Moonbyul and Ji Ae quickly grabbed the girl and pulled her into the living room. And what happens when you put three girls who love chatting together?