The beginning, maybe?

Bum Rap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

In the interrogation room;

 

 

 

Officer 1: (loud sighing) Do you remember anything young man?

 

Sehun: I swear I am not a murderer...

 

Officer 2: Same old excuses, young man. Whenever someone walked into this room, they always tell us the same , yet at the end of the trial, court will found that those person are guilty.

Sehun: Mr. Officer, I'm telling you nothing but the truth. I was there because I heard dogs keep on barking and sort of shouting... So I went there and saw nothing but two dogs, almost fighting with one another and when they realized I was there, they suddenly came to my direction before started biting on my right leg. I couldn't even move! (Slowly crying)

Officer 2: You... You are the last person seen to be leaving the place before their neighbour found the dead body of the Bang’s family. Are you still going to deny the accusation made upon you?

Sehun: I didn't... I never killed anyone, why would I admit to a false accusation against me?

Officer 1: Oh Sehun, you surely don't have many choices left. Its either you admit it on your own or...

(A loud sound of someone's shouting and the creepy whisper of broken bones could be heard)

 

 

 

 

 

The other side of the interrogation room;

 

 

Head Chief: He is the murderer. Junmyeon, make sure to send the file to the prosecution by tomorrow, they need it asap.

Junmyeon: But sir, proper investigation is yet to be completed. We can't charge him, at least not now. Its against the etiquette of how we do things around, sir.

Head Chief: If I said he is murderer then he is the murderer. No but, Junmyeon. The public needs to be comforted, the press must release any news to maintain the peace. Imagine if you were in my place, you surely will do the same thing.

Junmyeon: Yoon...

(Investigator Yoongi could be seen leaving the room)

Junmyeon: Give Yoongi some more times to complete the investigation. I beg you. We can't accuse an innocent citizen.

Head Chief: Then what? You're going to let the press pressuring me, telling the public that I can't handle such cases? You want people to live in fear?

Junmyeon: Sir, never in my mind to be rude or to go against your words- But, we are dealing with someone's life right now and if its turned out he is not the one who killed the family, public will attack us once again, sir. Let say, I proceed with it and throw this guy in a prison, you have to know that the actual killer is still there, wandering around the street to find his or her new victim. I'm sorry sir, but this is not a right thing to do. Its too unjust for the poor boy.

Head Chief: I don't care, if you don't want to do it, I'll release the matter during our press conference on Thursday.

Junmyeon: Its tomorrow sir! You can't do that!

Head Chief: I'm your head and you're supposed to follow my words. Now go and complete the case file.

(Head Chief walked away from the scene, Junmyeon slowly heading out of the room)

Yoongi: Tough decision huh? (Pull out a cigarette from his right pocket and put it in between his lips)

Junmyeon: If you start smoking I swear I'll beat you up.

Yoongi: (laughs) Calm down, Junmyeon. You have to chill a little bit.

Junmyeon: I can't, that poor boy... I just can't. (Sighing and pull out the cigarette from Yoongi’s mouth) Hey Yoongi, tell me, based on your professional view, what's the possibility he's the killer?

Yoongi: Tough question uh. (Sighing) Everyone is innocent unless proven otherwise.

Junmyeon: So is the otherwise exist in this case?

Yoongi: Can't say much uh. We received indirect evidence from an eye witness stating that he saw the boy running away from the scene around the time where the incident took place or happened. Relevant question, why would he run if he's innocent? Does he wants to pee? Is there any emergency? One more, he said that the dog bit his leg, right leg. Then how come the medical department found no injury on any of his legs? Surely, there's no strong circumstantial evidence which could prove that the boy is guilty. But, if the Head Chief is satisfied with whatever stuffs my department collected and prosecution approve the charge made against him, then his lawyer going to fight for the plea of his innocent.

Junmyeon: I could see it in his eyes. He...he's just a bystander. Appeared in wrong place, wrong time.

Yoongi: Well, that's reality for you.

Junmyeon: In just one night, could you please help me? I know the kid is not the murderer.

Yoongi: (sighing) I'm supposed to rest, its my day off uh. (Scratches the back of his neck)

Junmyeon: Any of your guys?

Yoongi: Uh... Try to find Tae in the lab. He's still running the blood test.

Junmyeon: Minseok?

Yoongi: Damn, I forgot about that oldie. Uh, oh- he's collecting the information about the boy. Maybe you can go and see him for further background check? I guess?

Junmyeon: You just going to let the boy be prosecuted?

Yoongi: Hey, its not finalized yet that he's going to be imprisoned or anything. We did our part well, we just investigator, nothing else nothing more. Let the prosecution decide.

Junmyeon: I can't. I just feel like...

Yoongi: Junmyeon... Learn to let go. If Yongguk could accept the fact that he just lost his entire family, shouldn't you help him by sending the file so the case could be settle smoothly?

Junmyeon: I just...

Yoongi: Take a chill pill. Narcotics department got load of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Forensic lab;

 

 

Taehyung: , they going to prosecute the boy wow wow (walks in while holding bags of snacks and a cup of iced coffee)

Minseok: Should've release the poor boy.

Taehyung: Yoongz approved the file somehow.

Minseok: That lazy .

Taehyung: (laughs) I bet he's thinking a way to save the kid. He just... won't show it.

Minseok: Yes, by remanding him for few days then lock him up in a jail, send the file to prosecution and he will magically appear with new evidence. He won't get lucky every day, Tae.

Taehyung: Ah, our boss. That's just how he works his stuffs.

(Junmyeon walks in)

Taehyung: Police guy! Its not a surprise to see you here! Minseok is there to explain more about the boy, may I lead your way?

Junmyeon: Uh sure Tae.

Taehyung: Don't worry too much, you'll get uglier than you are, Police guy!

Minseok: Tae-

Taehyung: I'll leave you two alone, okay? Have a nice chat ahead.

(Taehyung waved away and left from the scene)

Minseok: No parents, no family, no background.

Junmyeon: Okay, let me breathe for a second.

Minseok: There's no room for mistake if you really want to save the kid. Next, was born in a h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter