This Girl Doesn’t Eat Vegetables

When You Love Someone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lunch time was pretty much over when Yongsun entered the cafeteria to feed her unhappy stomach. It had been rioting since Wendy started briefing her about her soon-to-be everyday tasks past 1pm.

Though she found out that Wendy was two years younger than her, Yongsun was truly impressed with the younger girl’s vigour in going about her work. Wendy was a bright-eyed lady with an attitude that seemed like she was ever ready to take on the world. It scared her a little since she was hired to replace Wendy as the business director’s new personal assistant. Wendy was moving back to the States to pursue a business degree fully paid for by company, a sweet incentive by the company to nurture those who showed potential as human capital.

Rainbow Bridge World was a notable land developer in South Korea with established businesses both domestically and worldwide. The company was known in investing in land in less known areas, and orchestrating the development into valuable real estate. Job vacancies in places like RBW weren’t commonplace, and Yongsun was still trying to take in the reality that she actually got the job and was already in her fourth day of work.

Having been a flight attendant for 7 years in the States, Yongsun was pretty done with the harassment from passengers. Shortly after graduation, becoming a flight attendant seemed like a pretty good way to travel and see the world. She was also a people’s person and felt that it would be a fulfilling job. After a 7-year long stint, she decided to move back to Korea to pursue a career with more stability and less possibility of being hit on by random males on a day-to-day basis.

Moving back to Korea after immigrating to the States since she was in her teens, especially without her family was unnerving. But she decided to give this “new-chapter-in-life” a shot. Her elder sister kept a lookout on jobs for her and was told of this job opportunity by a fellow classmate over a chat on the phone. The job posting was straightforward, looking for a responsible P.A and required to travel frequently. That pretty much sounded like it’ll suit her younger sister, she was responsible (albeit a little clumsy), and she for sure wasn’t averse to flying, so that was how Yongsun was talked into sending in her resume. 

On the day of the interview, Yongsun was surprised to find that there weren’t many candidates. It was just her and 3 other ladies who looked of similar age. It was in the conference room where she met Wendy for the first time. It was a bit amusing that to find out that her interviewer was the P.A who was looking for her own replacement. The interview was pleasant conversation to find out how much of a suitable fit Yongsun was for the role. Then 3 days later, she received an offer for the job in her email and if she accepted, she would be welcome to start work the following week.

Now, here she was, 4 days into her new job, and she stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter