I Remember

I Remember

 

Yoongi’s Pov

 

The only thing I heard was the sirens as I left Jimin, leaving him to grieve knowing I wasn't there for him anymore but, that he'll be happy again…


One Week Ago

 

I sat on the bed as I looked at the floor, not knowing what to do with myself, I didn't spare a glance at Jimin sitting on the couch, I held my head in my hands thinking of what to do next.

 

This is the flashback I remember clearly, because this happened most of the time when I had to keep Jimin safe from the mafia that were targeting him for an unknown reason.

 

I felt stressed since Jimin kept making it harder for me to keep him safe, he doesn't see why he can't leave the house. He can't see I love him so much that I had to do this against his will.

I'm not letting him get killed.

 

I then felt something pass me with force. I turned to the thrown object, seeing it was a book.

 

My eyes stayed glued into the floor, i heard footsteps coming towards me.

 

Jimin is walking towards me.

 

I laid down, hoping to calm myself down a bit more before I did something I’d regret. I felt Jimin pull me to sit up straight.

 

When I stood up, getting ready to deal with Jimin, he slapped me. I pushed him away, seeing him look at me in shock.

 

“How dare you push me away like that?!”Jimin yelled. I turned to him.

 

“Can you stop acting like a angry baby?!”I yelled back. Jimin glared at me. “Besides you started this first.”

 

“Let me out to have some fresh air, hyung.”Jimin wasn’t pleading but his eyes seemed full of desperation.

 

“I'm trying to keep you safe Jimin!” I shouted. “Why can't you see I want to protect you?!”

 

“You don't care about me hyung! Look at what we're becoming right now!”Jimin cried.

I pushed him against the brick wall, I put my arms on both sides so he wouldn't escape.

 

“Why can't you see I’m doing this for you Jimin?” I demanded. I slapped the brick wall in anger hoping he'll listen and bend to my will, but it didn't work. He didn’t even flinch.

 

I looked at Jimin straight in the eyes and when he met mine, I held onto his cheeks and kissed him. I closed my eyes and the stress of everything seemed to release into that kiss.

 

Jimin pushed me away and I stumbled back. He then jumped on me and kissed me while I held his waist. I brought him down as I moved towards the brick wall. Jimin looked at me and kissed me again, I kissed back while he hugged my neck.

 

“I still love you hyung.” Jimin murmured as we both pulled away from the kiss.

 

“I love you ‘till the moon and back Jiminnie.”


One Week Later

 

I stood up from the couch and went to look for the gun I had stored away in any case of emergencies like these. Once I found it  I looked at it, remembering showing Jimin a bullet shell.

 

“What's that you're holding hyung?” Jimin asked, as he was playing with a strand of my black hair and glancing at the small object in my hands with curious eyes.

 

“It's a bullet shell Jiminnie.” I answered him as I his black hair with my free hand.

Jimin nodded as if he understood what the bullet shell signified.

 

“Do you use a gun hyung?” He then asked me.

 

“I use it when either me or you is in danger.”I explained to him.

 

“If I were about to get shot to death, would you take the bullet for me?”  He dared to ask.

I smiled.

 

“I'll always take the bullet for you, Jiminnie.”

 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I realized Jimin was in danger right now. I reloaded the gun with ammo and walked out of the house while putting on a black jacket.

 

The jacket covered most of my white shirt and it suited my black pants and shoes, I sped walked to where Jimin was being held hostage.

 

Be strong for me Jimin, hyung will save you.

 

The memories of me and Jimin spending together were hurting because he didn't have the freedom to live his life like he wanted to. We fought and made up too many times. It was bittersweet. More bitter than sweet.

 

But I wouldn't give up Jimin, even if he hated me I would never stop loving him. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

 

I'll take the bullet for you.


Jimin's Pov

 

I sat in between two guys, they both held guns while I tried to stay strong, hoping Yoongi will save me. I heard sirens coming near us.

 

“They're almost here.” One of the guys named Taehyung said.

 

I whimpered. Yoongi...

 

“Shut up or we'll kill you right here, right now!” The other guy named Jin sneered at me. I nodded in response, trembling with fear.

 

I then saw a group of police cars surrounding our car. Jin got out while Taehyung pulled my hair, forcing me out the car also, I saw Jin shoot towards the police cars but failed to hit any of the police men. That was good, if another person had died because of me I couldn’t live with myself.

 

I let tears rain down my cheeks as Taehyung put the gun next to my head.

 

“Come any closer and we’ll shoot!” Taehyung spat to the police men.

 

Help me hyung.


Yoongi's Pov

 

I put down the safety of the gun when I knew I was reaching towards at the end of the tunnel.

 

I started remembering.

 

Jimin was sitting in front of me while looking out the window. I placed my head on his shoulder, he outstretched his hand towards be light from outside, his own hand being  shined on by the sun. It gave his skin a warm glow. It was beautiful and melancholy at the same time. I smiled and placed my hand behind his.

 

“You'll feel the sun again one day Jimin, just wait for a bit longer.”

 

A group of police cars were in front of me, I walked around them towards the guys who had Jimin hostage.

 

I punched two of the police men who tried to hold me back, I then closed the police car door that was blocking my way and I walked towards Jimin when I spotted him.

 

“You there! Stop!” One of the police men told me, I didn't listen and continued walking towards Jimin. He was all I saw. His eyes full of fear and hurt, his body trembling under the weight of the gun by his temple.

 

Jimin...

 

“Stay back or I'll shoot him!” One of the guys said, his gun next to Jimin’s head. Jimin looked at me, terrified.

 

I continued walking towards him. I let the policemen try to shoot me down while Jimin cried, telling them to stop shooting me. I continued walking as I was being shot repeatedly a bullet digging into my skin, but not hurting me.

The real pain was having Jimin watch me with a anguished expression.

 

The real pain was keeping Jimin away from the outside, the sun, the light which he loved.

 

The real pain was watching Jimin yearn for something I couldn’t give him.

 

Blood stains were staining my white shirt now.

 

I stopped walking, I looked at Jimin who looked back, tears clouding his eyes. I gave him a faint smile then turned to the guys who held Jimin hostage and killed the one next to Jimin. Jimin looked away, flinching.

 

The guy fell down, dead. I turned to the other guy, he aimed to shoot at me but I got him first, he collapsed on the ground, dead also.


Jimin's Pov

 

I looked at Yoongi after he was done shooting Taehyung and Jin. I felt my head spin in circles, I collapsed but Yoongi caught me.

 

I looked up at him as he looked down at me with the familiar dark serious eyes. I smiled seeing he was okay. I then glanced at the scene in front of us only to see Yoongi's body lying on the ground.

 

Y...Yoongi…?

 

His body was limp and his eyes were peacefully closed. It was him, the small pale skin and shock of black hair. The same outfit.

 

It was him.

 

I looked back up at Yoongi.

 

The policemen checked the area to see if there was any more attackers. I cried on Yoongi's chest as he kept on hugging me.

 

A distant memory flooded my mind.

 

I hugged Yoongi  from behind as he sat on the couch, he had his arm hugging my arm as he pulled my face closer to his. I smiled at him.

 

“I love you hyung.”

 

“I love you too Jimin.”

 

I continued crying as Yoongi kept his head down, not wanting me to see him in tears.

 

I felt Yoongi's hand behind mine, he interlocked his fingers so we wouldn't be separated.

 

“You'll see the sun again one day Jimin, just wait a bit longer.” Yoongi told me.

 

“I will.”

 

I sobbed as Yoongi let his tears fall on his nose, he couldn't take the pain of seeing me hurting anymore.

 

“I told you I would take the bullet.” He rasped, so much emotion trapped in his throat, words didn’t come out right. It made me sob harder.

 

“I didn't wanted you to leave me.”

 

“You get to life your own life now Jimin.” Yoongi told me softly. “You're free…”

 

I shook my head.

 

“I'm not free, my life is with you h-hyung…”

 

“My life is always with you Jimin.” Yoongi told me as his back was against the brick wall while I was in front of him.

 

I kissed him and smiled. “My life is with you too hyung”

 

“Let's never forget us.” He smiled.

 

“Yoongi...let’s never forget us...do you remember…us?” I whispered, nearly pleading with him.

 

The voice came faint but sure.

 

“I remember…”

 

And then he was gone.