Final

Empty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chilly air’s caressing Kyungsoo’s face, she’s in pure bliss while Jongin is tightly holding her hand as they walk home from a birthday party one young night. The night and weather’s perfect, Jongin’s throwing corny jokes while Kyungsoo laughs her heart out as if they were the funniest jokes she has ever heard. They were honestly lame but the jokes became the funniest as they were being told by none other than Kim Jongin.

After walking for almost an hour, finally, the bestfriends arrived at Kyungsoo’s place. The girl’s been urging the man to sleep over as it’s getting late but the man insisted to refuse the tempting offer. Helpless, Kyungsoo pouted but the man is persistent to decline. Jongin chuckled, brushing stray of bangs back to her tiny ears, Jongin pulled the tiny shivering girl into a warm embrace.

Trapping her underneath his long arms, Jongin closes his eyes, chin resting above her head and began listening to her cute whining and blabbering. As much as he wanted to stay with her, Jongin has important things waiting to be done.

Pulling out, Kyungsoo began whining more. Feeling his lips curve as he stares cutely at the whimpering girl, Jongin slowly leans down to shut her noisy mouth. Kyungsoo freezes as Jongin unexpectedly kisses her. It is her first, it is his second kiss. Kyungsoo wishes it to be their last as undeniably her heart has fallen for the man. Closing her eyes, Kyungsoo wraps her arms around her neck and tiptoed to kiss him back.

Unlike the calm chilly night, Jongin and Kyungsoo’s heart are the opposite. They were in cloud nine, lost in the abyss of blissfulness. Listening to the angels as they sing for their heart in euphoria they continue sharing the romantic kiss. It is full of warmth while their heart is beating rapidly they were both scared that it beat too fast it might jump off their chest.

The kiss is long and romantic, Jongin kisses her with passion and love like how Kyungsoo’s kissing him back. No one is trying to break the kiss as they wanted to savor and devour the first kiss they were consciously and passionately sharing.

When their lungs began demanding for oxygen, Jongin pulls off from the kiss. “Thank you beautiful.” He whispered to the gasping girl as he presses their foreheads closer.

Jongin’s hot breath’s trailing the tiny girl’s face. “What was that for?” She asked with her uneven breathing.

He chuckled ily before responding. “To shut you up.”Kyungsoo whined with his reason.

Under the bright moonlight, with the cheers of the chilly air caressing and touching their skin, the bestfriend were staring right into each other’s soul.

Finally, when her breathing steadies, Kyungsoo tiptoed once again to plant an innocent peck to Jongin’s thick lips. “I love you Jongin.”

Jongin smiled, he knows. “I love you too.” He replied with a sincere loving voice, his arms still wrapped around her waist. “You’re my bestfriend right?” He continued.

That’s her cue. Should she confess that she love him more than a bestfriend should love her bestfriend? But Jongin said he only love her as a bestfriend. Should she deny her feelings not to lose Jongin? Should Kyungsoo gamble the friendship they had strongly built over her unrequited love? She’s confused, hesitant and discontented.

Sighing to man up, Kyungsoo has decided. “I-I…..l-love you more than a bestfriend Kim Jongin!” She confesses burying her heated up face against his chest.

Jongin is frozen, he always knew that Kyungsoo’s in love with him. But then, they can never be together like how she wishes it to be.

With heart filled of fear and anxiety, the man remained frozen and silent. He love Kyungsoo but scared that this confession might happened. He had wished Kyungsoo to confess sooner but the need for him not to hear her confession’s stronger than what he always wished.

Jongin love her back, but:

He’s leaving.

He’s leaving tomorrow.

He’s leaving tomorrow without the assurance that he’d come back.

The man embraces her even more. “I love you Soo, but I am not the one for you.” He admitted.

And the harmonious melody the angels’ been singing turned into a melancholic funeral song.

Hurt by the rejection, Kyungsoo cried silently, carefully letting her tears fall trying hard not to sob. “I will always love you..” He continues aware of the crying state of the rejected girl.

Swallowing back her cries and the pain that is constantly building up inside her Kyungsoo spoke. “I am sorry Jongin.. I apologize for feeling this way..” Apologetically she said.

Before Jongin can reply Kyungsoo’s awaken by her nosy mother even before her alarm blares up. Annoyed she yelled back to the yelling woman to notify that she’s finally up. Curses, why would her mother wake her when it’s her rest day, it’s unlikely of her. Something’s off or does the mother has forgotten that it’s her day off?

With her messy uncombed dirty hair and unwashed face, Kyungsoo abandoned her disarranged bed while sleepily dragging her body to the dining room. Together with her parents, Kyungsoo’s eating her breakfast. Eyes switching in between her awkward father who has been reading the same newspaper page and her distressed mother who looked like she’s been crying the entire night, she sighed heavily thinking her parents must have been fighting again early in the morning.

Losing her appetite for the exhausting habitual quarrel of her parents, Kyungsoo quickly finished her cereals to immediately vacate the tensional dining area that is supposed to be cheerful. Sulking with the melancholy atmosphere, she thanked her parents for the meal before departing the room.

Kyungsoo’s been thinking where to go for the day, slowly turning on her laptop, Kyungsoo head to the comfort room to brush her teeth while the device loads. It’s not long after she heads back on top of her bed, in front of her laptop with her legs crossed.

Heart skips a beat, Kyungsoo’s eyes grow bigger when a familiar name pop up out of the screen. Like every broken hearted person, Kyungsoo can clearly remember the exact date when her bestfriend, Kim Jongin has left for the state. Ever since that day she hasn’t heard anything from the man and eventually she had given up after five long years of waiting. It is the 6th year when she hasn’t heard of him when Jongin has sent her an e-mail.

Recalling her dream early morning which is not actually a dream since it actually has taken place, it is the last night Kyungsoo has seen Jongin, it is the night she has done a wrong move, she carelessly confessed to Jongin that might have been the reason why the man left without prior notice, Kyungsoo’s terrified to his message but hesitant because Kyungsoo’s hopeful that it might contain great news.

Closing her eyes while nervously clicking the message, Kyungsoo counted up to a hundred before opening her eyes to finally read.

To My Ever Beautiful Do Kyungsoo,

Hey! Have you eaten your meal? I hope you did because this message’s going to be extremely long. I don’t want you to starve.

How are you Soo? Are you doing fine? Ah, it’s a stupid question to ask because I left you, but still, I’ve been praying for you to be fine.

Kyungsoo, it’s been too long right? But do you know I always relive the cheerful moments we have shared, especially whenever your round eyes were replaced by small ones when you laugh hard and your heart shaped mouth.

I actually wrote this to tell you some things.

Do you remember that time when we first met? My family just moved into your neighborhood and we became classmates on the nearby school. I am a timid, shy, scaredy cat boy at that time, our classmates found my vulnerability and they began bullying me. Sometimes they would steal my food yet you’d share yours, they would make fun of me and like a knight you’d save me. We were only seven back then if you had forgotten and we became instant friends since then. We became classmates and inseparable, nobody dares to bully me again. I am thankful for your friendship.

We’ve been bestfriend for ten years already when you accidentally discovered how my parents were undergoing divorce that even I, myself is oblivious of. You’ve been more attentive to me, aware of my clueless state with my parents’ issue, you always make me packed lunch, you would bug me everywhere whenever I skip meal, you even takes care of me whenever I am hangover the morning after of an extreme drinking.

And finally, the scary day you hoped won’t happen came, my mother broke to me the tragic news asking me to choose between her and my father. I run too fast, trusting my feet wherever it’ll take me. Panting, I breath heavily looking up into your room window, hoping for some miracle that you’d see me soaking wet under the rain and with my own tears in the middle of the night. I waited for a miracle until it happened, your father who came home late that night found me shivering outside your gate, worried, he wrapped me inside his jacket and welcome me inside your home.

He woke you up and you worriedly hugged me while I sip a cup of hot cocoa in your kitchen table. You were panicking while looking for a clean towel, you clumsily bump into the bathroom door frame and hit your toes. I’m sorry I laughed but you were extremely cute that night.

Your father always let me use your guestroom whenever I sleepover, but seeing my condition, your father is quick to notice that I needed you. You brought me to your room, thankfully you have my spare clothes and clean underwear that I always forget to bring whenever I stay. Despite of the three thick layered blankets that’s been covering my shivering body you slide underneath to warm me with your own warmth, you hugged me, trapping me in between your warm embrace.

That night, under your arms, I have forgotten how miserable my life is and how uncertain my future has become, because I am with you and every worries and sadness I have vanished into thin air. You were the only one I ever need, you were my safe haven.

The next day, I found you sleeping cutely with your mouth slightly opened. I can’t stop adoring the little kitty lying on top of my chest and so I kissed you gently on the lips. That is my first kiss, our first kiss.

Kyungsoo stopped reading for a moment, jaw dropped she’s been trying to digest the confession he has written, shaking the embarrassing thought away, Kyungsoo continue reading when the heat on her cheeks has subsided.

We stayed cuddling that day when you woke up, disregarding the foul od

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter