I Wish I Never Said That

Halloween Soul Mate Collection Vol. 2

Of all the things Jaehwan wished he had never said, the words written across Sanghyuk’s collarbone were probably his biggest regret. It wasn’t anything offensive or mean or anything. Honestly, that would be an improvement as far as he was concerned. No, the words written on Sanghyuk’s body were probably the stupidest words to ever come out of Jaehwan’s mouth.

Are those space pants? Because your is outta control

Not only was that a super cheesy pickup line, but he hadn’t even said it right. It was ‘out of this world,’ not ‘outta control.’ How the heck had he messed that up? Why the heck had he messed that up? It wasn’t like he’d known Sanghyuk was his soul mate and got nervous, he was the first one to speak between the two of them. No, his brain just……..farted or had a meltdown or something. And out came a horrible, incorrect pickup line.

He was legit shocked that Sanghyuk’s words weren’t some kind of scathing retort.

You’re really cute, hyung.

How could he say something so stupid to Sanghyuk when he said something so sweet to him? It wasn’t fair to Sanghyuk at all. Jaehwan demanded a do over! He wanted to say something just as nice back.

Like maybe something about how nice Sanghyuk’s eyes were.

Or maybe that his smile was the most adorable thing Jaehwan had ever seen.

Maybe he could have said something about how he was going to look out for Sanghyuk, something that would make him look like a strong, supportive hyung/soul mate.

Sanghyuk must have grown up thinking his soul mate was a total loser. He must have gotten laughed at by everyone because his soul mate was clearly stupid. The others had sure gotten a good laugh out of it. The second the other trainees and future VIXX members realized what had happened, they started laughing and laughing. He was pretty sure some of the trainers and filming crew had gotten a good laugh out of it, too. Heck, even the CEO laughed when he heard about it!

Everyone always laughed.

If making people laugh had been his intention, it would be fine. But it wasn’t. He had taken one look at Sanghyuk and been smitten and those words……..he’d wanted them to be something that would make Sanghyuk fall for him. Yeah, in a way they kind of did, but not in the way he wanted.

Sanghyuk did not share his feelings.

He liked the words written across his collarbone. To him, they perfectly described Jaehwan. They were silly, sure, but they came from a good place. Jaehwan was like that; silly, but his antics came from wanting everyone to feel happy. He wasn’t shy about sharing this opinion either. Not with the members, or the fans, or reporters, or Jaehwan.

Especially Jaehwan.

“I just,” Jaehwan sighed, “I wish I’d said something better.”

“I wish that you never get that wish,” Sanghyuk replied, “I like these words and I want to keep them forever.”

“You are too good for me,” Jaehwan whined, moving to wrap his arms around Sanghyuk’s waist and burying his head in his lover’s chest, “I don’t deserve you.”

“You deserve me,” Sanghyuk told him, “The fact that it’s your words written on me should prove that. Now go to sleep, we’ve got a busy schedule tomorrow.”

“Love you,” Jaehwan hummed, pressing a kiss to Sanghyuk’s collarbone before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep.

“Love you, too,” Sanghyuk said before drifting off himself, “bad pickup lines and all.”

A/N: I bet a lot of you saw the title and thought “is she doing something similar to the Rahyuk first words AU?” and got ready for some sadness. I was honestly a little stuck on this, and then it hit me that there are another set of ‘worst first words to say to your soul mate’: stupid, cheesy pickup lines!! So I Googled a bunch, trying to find a really good one to use. Something no one would want printed on their skin for all to see. Got a nice little list, too. But this one……I just had to go with it ‘cuz not only is it painfully cheesy, it’s also wrong.