Countdown Until We Meet Part 2

Halloween Soul Mate Collection Vol. 2

“You don’t look very pleased,” Hakyeon said and Jaehwan entered the room.

“Another knight came today,” Jaehwan huffed, taking a seat at the kitchen table, “woke Frax up from his nap.”

“Ouch,” Hakyeon winced, “that .”

“Why can’t they just leave me alone already?” Jaehwan complained, “I think that I’ve made it very clear that I’m happy here. That I’m not leaving Frax and Sanghyuk and everyone else.”

“You really think your parents are gonna care what you want?” Hakyeon shrugged, “you’re the only prince they have. They need you to rule the kingdom and pop out some kids.”

“I’ve already written them that I’ve abdicated the throne,” Jaehwan sighed, “they can give it to my sister if they need to. Why can’t they just respect my wishes for once?”

“Seeing you like this,” Hakyeon said, “it makes me grateful that I’m not of royal blood.”

“I hate you,” Jaehwan sulked.

“Everything alright?” Tokoz asked, poking his head into the room, “Jaehwan, are you alright?”

“Another knight came by,” Hakyeon explained, “so he’d in a mood.”

“Ah,” the dragon nodded before leaving. Hakyeon felt more than a little envious that Tokoz could leave.

“Why don’t you go see Sanghyuk?” Hakyeon asked, “That should make you feel better.”

“Sanghyuk’s gone to visit the king of the enchanted forest,” Jaehwan said, his mood getting even worse.

A couple of months after Jaehwan had become Frax’s prince, he’d met the king of the enchanted forest. There had been an instant dislike between the two. Why? Because the king, Shownu, liked Sanghyuk. And Jaehwan was Sanghyuk’s soul mate. The pair tried to be civil for the sake of Sanghyuk, but everyone knew that they didn’t like each other.

“Taekwoon should be around,” Hakyeon said, hoping that he could say something that would get Jaehwan and his negative energy out of his kitchen, “why don’t you go see him? I’m sure training with him for a few hours will make you feel better.”

“Maybe,” Jaehwan sighed, slowly getting to his feet, “I’ll see you later.”

“Have fun,” Hakyeon smiled. He honestly felt a bit bad about sending his friend away, but he had to get Jaehwan out of his kitchen before Hongbin came by. He really did like Jaehwan, but he refused to let the prince block him.

 

--

 

“Feeling better now?” Taekwoon asked, watching Jaehwan panting on the ground.

“Little bit,” Jaehwan nodded slightly when he could manage words.

“Good,” Taekwoon nodded, “then we can go back to the caves.”

“And I was just starting to get a nice tan going,” Moranz teased from the rock he was sunning himself on, “but we do have to get back. It’s going to be dinner soon and I’m famished.”

“Just let me catch my wind,” Jaehwan said, struggling to sit up, “and then I’ll be good to go.”

“You might have worked him a little too hard today, Taekwoon,” the black dragon frowned slightly, “don’t think Sanghyuk will be too pleased about that.”

“What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him,” the knight shrugged, “Jaehwan, do you want me to help you up? We should get you home.”

“Fine,” Jaehwan sighed, holding out his hands so Taekwoon could pull him to his feet.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes before grabbing Jaehwan by the waist and throwing him over his shoulder.

“Hey!” the prince yelled, “Taekwoon!”

“I want to go home,” Taekwoon replied, “it’s almost dinner.”

“You and your food,” Jaehwan sighed, letting Taekwoon do as he liked.

It didn’t take long for the trio to return home, not with Moranz flying. Honestly, flying with the mighty dragon of the night wasn’t Jaehwan’s favorite way to travel. Moranz always flew like his life depended on it, like there was something horrible chasing him. Taekwoon didn’t seem to mind, but Jaehwan was always left feeling a bit sick after a flight.

“See you tomorrow,” Jaehwan waved at the human-dragon pair, heading in the direction of Frax’s cave.

“Have a good night,” Taekwoon replied.

Jaehwan hummed to himself as he made his way through the halls, wondering what he should make for Frax for dinner tonight. The silver dragon had recently picked up a bunch of new ingredients, so he had a lot of choice. Maybe too much. And it wasn’t like Frax had a couple favorites that he could pick from because the dragon did have favorites.

“You’re back,” Frax smiled as Jaehwan entered the cave, “did you have a good day? I know it started out less than ideal.”

“I trained with Taekwoon,” Jaehwan replied, “so it was pretty good.”

“You sure smell like you were training,” Frax huffed, waving a claw around like he was trying to fan away the stink, “why don’t you clean up before starting dinner.”

“I don’t smell that bad,” Jaehwan rolled his eyes, “I can have a bath after dinner, that way I’ll have time to soak my sore joints.”

“No,” the dragon huffed, “go do it now. Before your stink ruins my appetite.”

It was then that Jaehwan heard something in the kitchen.

“What the heck?” Jaehwan scowled, “do we have rats?”

“It’s nothing,” Frax insisted, “so just go take a bath already.”

“Frax,” Jaehwan frowned, “what’s going on? And don’t pretend you have no idea what I’m talking about. I know all your tells.”

“Fine,” Frax sighed, “go into the kitchen. There’s something waiting for you.” Frax headed off to his room after that, muttering about not wanting to be a part of this anyway.

Jaehwan watched his dragon leave before deciding to check out the kitchen. What he found made him smile brightly.

“Sanghyuk,” Jaehwan grinned, “your back!”

“Dang it,” Sanghyuk sighed, “I was hoping that I could surprise you. This is the last time I ever ask Frax, Taekwoon, and Moranz for help.”

“Hyukkie,” Jaehwan moving to hug the other, “you didn’t have to do all this. But thank you for doing it anyway.”

“You don’t have to thank me for wanting to make you dinner,” Sanghyuk said, wrapping his arms around Jaehwan’s shoulders, “you deserve this and so much more, Jaehwan.”

“Hyukkie,” Jaehwan hummed, resting his head against Sanghyuk’s chest and just enjoying being with the love of his life, “I’m happy with just you.”

“Happy to hear that,” Sanghyuk said, pulling away so that he could pull something out of his pocket, “because I got you something.”

“Sanghyuk?” Jaehwan frowned, taking the box that Sanghyuk handed him, “what’s this?”

“A ring,” was the reply, “Jaehwan, I want to marry you.”

Jaehwan froze for a moment, trying to make sure he had heard Sanghyuk correctly. When he realized that the other had defiantly asked to marry him, he threw his arms around him and started chatting ‘yes’ over and over again.

“I love you,” Sanghyuk said, pulling Jaehwan into passionate kiss.

“I love you, too,” Jaehwan replied.

A/N: this is another one that I had trouble doing a Part 2 for. Given, the ending wasn’t half as ‘case closed’ as the Luck one was, but it also wasn’t as open as the Hyukbin and Rahyuk ones are in my mind. I think the Chasang one is gonna end up being another one I struggle to write a Part 2 for,so wish me luck when I get to that one!!