Your Name Tattooed Over My Heart Part 2

Halloween Soul Mate Collection Vol. 2

Taekwoon had always thought of himself as extremely lucky. Why? Because he had always had his soul mate by his side. All of the people in his life – friends, family, coworkers – had to spend time looking for their soul mate. One of his friends had lost their soul mate before they even found them. Taekwoon felt so horrible about that since his friend had been so broken when they found out that they would never get to meet the person who owned the named printed on their arm.

There wasn’t a single day Taekwoon had spent without Sanghyuk.

When they were born, only a few hours apart, they’d been placed next to each other in the nursery. To say that their parents had been surprised to see the name tattooed on their child’s chest printed on the name card of the next crib would be an understatement. An instant friendship was formed between the adults that day as they talked about the future of the two newborns.

Taekwoon hadn’t known what having Sanghyuk’s name written over his heart meant at first. He remembered asking his mother once when he was four and she’d told him that it meant Sanghyuk would always be with him. He hadn’t thought too much of it until a few years later. At the time, he’d just taken it to mean that Sanghyuk would always be his best friend.

He wasn’t really wrong about that. Sanghyuk would always be his best friend, but he’d be other things too.

When he found out exactly what having Sanghyuk’s name written on him really meant, he’d been so happy. He’d already realized that he felt a lot more for Sanghyuk then just simple friendship. Finding out that they were meant to be together like his mother and father.......it overjoyed Taekwoon.

Until he realized that he didn’t know how Sanghyuk felt.

Sure, Sanghyuk liked him enough to be his friend, but what if that was it? What if Sanghyuk never liked him beyond friendship? What if Sanghyuk found out what the name over his heart meant and was disgusted by it? What if he didn’t want to be with Taekwoon even a just friends after finding out how Taekwoon felt?

These fears left Taekwoon feeling so terrified of losing Sanghyuk that he actually started to avoid the other. He reasoned that if he wasn’t there to be rejected then he couldn’t be rejected.

Thankfully, Sanghyuk put a stop to all of that foolishness rather quickly.

Taekwoon could still remember that day with perfect clarity. Sanghyuk had shown up at his house, eyes filled with tears as he demanded to know what was wrong. He begged Taekwoon to tell him what he had done to make Taekwoon hate him so much. After getting over his shock and horror that he’d made Sanghyuk hurt like that, Taekwoon had insisted that the other did nothing wrong. When Sanghyuk pressed him for answers Taekwoon had broken down sobbing, sobbing out ‘I love you’ over and over again until Sanghyuk kissed him. It wasn’t the best kiss ever – they’d shared much better ones in the years since – but it was their first kiss.

Later, when they were older and people asked about the first time they said ‘I love you,’ Sanghyuk edited out all the crying and tired to make it sound way more Hollywood romance movie then it actually was. Thankfully, Taekwoon was always right there to correct him.

Life as soul mates hadn’t always been easy, before or after they confessed to each other. There had always been people – their own age or older – who met their bond with jealousy or refusal to believe. There had been one teacher in grade school who’d always seemed to have it out for the pair. It wasn’t until years later that Taekwoon realized that the woman was taking out her own frustrations over not finding her own soul mate on him and Sanghyuk.

In junior high, the young couple had gotten into fights with other children pretty regularly. Well, that made it sound like there were a lot of children who hated them for their bond. In truth, it was just a handful of children who were always picking on them. Taekwoon was pretty sure it stemmed from one of those children wanting Sanghyuk as their boyfriend and being angry that they were rejected.

Thankfully, most of that ended when the couple reached high school. Maybe it was because high school students were more mature about soul mates or maybe it was because there were more soul mate couples running around. Taekwoon never figured out exactly why the harassment almost completely disappeared, but he was grateful for it.

When college rolled around, Sanghyuk and Taekwoon stopped having to deal with harassment over their relationship completely. Taekwoon hadn’t realized just how much those mean comments hurt him until they were gone. Life after college was even better since that was when they met their closest friends; Hakyeon and Wonsik who’d found each other a year prior to meeting the Luck couple, and Jaehwan and Hongbin who’d met on the first day of high school.

“Taekwoon?” Sanghyuk hummed, wrapping his arms around Taekwoon’s waist and resting is head on the other’s shoulder, “what are you doing up so late?”

“I was just checking on the baby,” Taekwoon replied, relaxing into his husbands arms, “and I got caught up reminiscing.”

“Ah,” Sanghyuk hummed, looking down at their child, “who would have thought that our child would be just like us?”

“What are the odds,” Taekwoon chuckled, thinking of their child’s soul mate who lived just down the street.

“She’ll always have her best friend by her side,” Sanghyuk smiled, pressing a kiss to his better half’s shoulder, “just like us.”

A/N: so I wasn’t 100% sure what to do with this one at first. I mean, part 1 of ‘Your Name Tattooed Over My Heart’ ended with a pretty solid ending and no real room for more. I honestly thought that I might have backed myself into a corner with this one and I’d have to skip it or something. But then the inspiration god took mercy on me or something like that and BAM! I realized I could write Taekwoon’s view of things. It turned out great in my opinion, especially the part about how they confessed (if you’ve read part one, I think you’ll get why I like that part so much). Hope you all like it too!