Moment of Truth Final

Moment of Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Happy Friday! Welcome back to the show where people can't hide! This is 진실의 순간! (Moment of Truth!)" The nation's favorite host, Yoo Jaesuk, excitedly yells to the audience cheering out loud. "Hello everyone it is Yoo Jaesuk and wow... today is a very, VERY special day." Jaesuk clasps his hands together and takes a deep breath.

"We are about to take the truth out of a special someone that many of you know." The MC builds up the suspense which is making the public be at the edge of their seats waiting to find out who's truth they'll learn about.

"I welcome you K- How was your day everyone?" Jaesuk recieves disappointed sounds from the audience for trolling them. 

"You wanna know who it is?" Jaesuk cups his ear and the audience replies with a loud "YES!"

"Well, take a look at the screen and we'll show you." Jaesuk points at the monitor beside him and a silhouette figure appears.

It was an interview.

"What made you decide to join the show for today?" The PD asks.

In a disguised voice, the hidden individual says, " I honestly don't know why I came here. It's like asking for my own death sentence." The silhouette lets out a laugh that humored the audience

"What a laugh that person has. It's so weird." Jaesuk makes a side note as he watches the screen.

Back to the interview,

"Have you watched the show before?"

"Of course! It's very popular and it amazes me. The lie detector is really a lie detector. My friend ******* was on the show before and as his close friend, I know many things about him including his secrets. So when ******* lies or says the truth, I can confirm that the results that happened on the show are real. Sorry ******* oppa. Forgive me." The silhouette gave out a chuckle before bowing.

"Ah, so she had a friend? Who was it? Let's see who came on the show... Kim Hyun Joong, Gong Yoo, Kim Heechul, CNBLUE's Jung Yonghwa, Park Shin Hye, Song Hye Kyo, Girl's Day Minah.... and so many more! Wow audience do you think you know?" With Jaesuk's great acting of him not know who it was, the audience was getting frustrated trying to figure out who it is.

Back to the screen,

"Everyone, please be prepared for the truth! I can't hide!" The anonymous happily and nervously says. After that, the screen blacks out.

"Today on the Moment of Truth, our very special guest is the leader of the nation's girl group, the most charismatic and beautiful singer of South Korea, please welcome to the show... Girls' Generation Kim Taeyeon!" Jaesuk opens his arms to the entrance and Taeyeon's figure appears as the curtains open. Applause and cheers were heard all over the studio as Taeyeon waves and walks down the stairs and goes up to the host and bows.

"Hello Jaesuk oppa!" Taeyeon bows as Jaesuk pats Taeyeon's back with a heart warming smile.

"Taeyeon is finally here! Please introduce yourself." He politely instructs.

"Yes," Taeyeon faces the audience, "Hello everyone, I am Girls' Generation Kim Taeyeon. Nice to meet you all!" Taeyeon lets out a conservative smile and slightly waves at the audience who were clapping.

"Okay Taeyeon, you know how the show works right?" The host recieves a nod from the guest. "Okay then let's hook you up to the device."

Taeyeon takes a seat next to the table of equipment and the professional lie detector (PLD) sets her up.

As Jaesuk watches, he giggles at Taeyeon. "You nervous?" Taeyeon rapidly nods and pats her chest indicating that her heart is beating very fast. "Well, you should be. We have great questions here to ask." Jaesuk threatens as he takes a look at his MC cards. Taeyeon widens her eyes and gives a fearful look.

"Jaesuk oppa, please be nice to me. I beg you." Taeyeon fake cries.

"Like the show says, you can't hide!" Jaesuk smiles and the audience laughs.

The set up is done and the sight of the serious professional lie detector (PLD) next to her monitoring her pulse and heart rate sent chills down her spine.

She knew that she was done for in the industry because she was well aware of what the questions might be given the current news headline she is involved in.

"Alright just to let the public know, you have no clue what the questions might be and you have done no preparation to beat the lie detector test." Jaesuk sought reassurance.

"No clue and No preparation." Taeyeon calmly says and the PLD gives a thumbs up.

"Great! That was your very first question! Let's start!" 

The lights dim and the spotlight is concentrated on the host and Taeyeon.

"First question, let's start off easy. Was it your 30th birthday two days ago?" 

"Yes." 

Thumbs up.

"On your birthday picture with your members... there was a clear reflection from one of the balloons of the picture taker." Before Jaesuk could ask his question, Taeyeon was flushed with red and looked down as she genuinely laughed. The audience were screaming. "Was it a male?"

Taeyeon was still laughing while looking down and as she looked up with a smile, she glanced at Jaesuk.

"You're really going for it, aren't you?" Taeyeon says with uneasiness. She felt her hands get sweaty.

"I'm really reading off the cards the producers made. Answer the question! We are waiting..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter