Final

Angel's Kiss

Music blasted through the speakers, under the dim but colorful lightings were thirsty teenagers dancing, scratch that, grinding their bodies against each other on the dance floor.

Away from the deafening music and blinding lights, a woman sat by the bar at the quiet corner of the club.

Denim on denim with a high ponytail, a simple outfit yet attracted the prying eyes of men around her. But she couldn’t care more, all of her attention was on the drink in her hand, and the one who made her drink.

The girl in denim had never been fond of drinks, heck, not even clubbing.

But her world changed the moment she saw the bartender at her friend’s party.

~

She’s cute.

The hamster-like girl, with a smile that could light up your world at a glimpse of an eye. She was like a ray of sunshine in the cold, emotionless club.

Her legs brought her towards the girl’s side automatically. The moment she sat on the stool, she was greeted by the brightest smile she had seen in her life.

Oh .

She was mesmerized by the beauty of the bartender.

Probably feeling uncomfortable for being stared at by a stranger for too long, the bartender spoke up. “What can I get you?”

“You.” The girl blurted out, mot even slightly ashamed of the sudden outburst. Her eyes glared into the crystal-clear ones, silently admiring the light hint of red blush seen on the bartender’s cheeks, the girl then collected herself, voice slightly shivering but still tried to hide her nervousness talking to the bartender.

“I mean, cosmopolitan, please.”

She got a nod as a reply.

She placed her hand on her chest, her heart thumping faster than ever.

Without herself knowing, her eyes followed the bartender, with each small gesture she did, each smile she flashed, she found herself falling deeper, and couldn’t get her eyes off the other girl.

She has a nice too.

Her drink was soon delivered to her, electricity flowed through her veins when their fingertips met as she took her drink from the bartender.

Flustered, she muttered a small thank you, “thanks…” not losing the confidence, she looked up to read the name tag on the bartender’s uniform, “Wendy.”

“No problem.” Wendy replied, with that signature bright smile of hers, then walked away to serve the other customers. Enjoying her drink, she was enjoying the view of the girl working as well, until a weight was suddenly added on her shoulder.

“Irene! What are you doing here, come and have fun with us.”

The party host appeared beside Irene, with her bear-like girlfriend beside her.

“I’m having fun here myself though, Joy.” Irene replied, as she turned away, her eyes stuck on the bartender.

“You mean, you have fun checking out our bartender.” The bear spoke out the truth, Irene could feel heat raising up from her neck to her face till the tip of her ears, forming a smirk unconsciously.

She tried to hide her embarrassments by waving it off, “what are you saying, Seulgi, I’m definitely not checking her out!”

“But she has a nice .” Joy commented half-heartedly, earing death glares from the two other girls.

Chuckling, the red head wrapped her arm around her girlfriend, her hand slid southwards, squeezing her girlfriend’s . “But I love your more babe.”

The said girl pouted as a response then turned towards the eldest, “protective much, unnie?” A sly smile on the lovebirds’ faces indicating the success of their prank on Irene.

Irene couldn’t mutter a word, she should’ve been more careful with the Satan, but she couldn’t believe Seulgi, who had always been an angel in her eyes, would betray her in this way.

“Seungwan, would you come here for a moment?” Seulgi shouted towards the bartender.

Upon hearing her name, the bartender looked up, leaving a few words to her co-worker before she walked towards the trio.

Irene tensed up at the thought of knowing the bartender. But before she can get away, the couple had already sat down on her two sides, with their hands linked behind Irene’s back. Holding hands while trapping the poor victim, now this is what we call killing two birds with one stone.

“Seulgi!” Wendy beamed at the sight of her longtime friend, “hi Joy.” She greeted her best friend’s girlfriend before she looked at the girl between her friends, “hello to you too gorgeous, my name is Wendy but you can call me yours.” She ended her introduction with a wink, leaving Irene in a brief moment of shock. Of course, she had been hit on for countless of times but this one hit her like a train.

Looking at the girl opposite to her, she collected herself, putting on her usual chic face, “Irene’s the name you’ll be screaming tonight.” She winked back in return, she tried to act cool, but the bright red on her cheeks gave her in.

The chuckles emitted from the bartender sounded like the voice of an angel in her ears.

“Not very good at flirting huh?” Another wave of heat smeared through Irene’s face, quickly gulping down her drink in the hope to cool herself down, another drink appeared in front of her.

“Angel’s kiss, for you.” Wendy smile greeted her, not the signature one, but an even brighter one. Irene thought that the smile was so bright it would shame the sun.

Irene’s heart skipped a beat once again looking at that smile. She muttered a small thank you and took a sip of the drink. She looked up and the bartender was still looking at her the same way, warm and sweet.

Irene had not left the bar once the entire night, even Joy gave up on making her dance. She had small chats with Wendy when the other girl was free. For the first time in her life, she didn’t want to leave a club.

From that day onwards, Irene visited the club more often, at least once, sometimes twice, a week, just to meet the bartender whom she set her eyes on.

Slowly, not only did Wendy catch Irene’s eyes, but her heart too.

~

“Irene, I’m tired of mixing B52 shots for all these guys.” Wendy whined at Irene as she prepared the same drink for the 5th guy of the night who ordered Long Island Iced Tea for Irene.

After delivering the drink, Wendy came back to Irene, “but seriously, Miss Baephrodite, why don’t you ever accept any guys’ drinks?”

“They’re not my style,” Irene hummed, looking at Wendy who was mixing her a glass of Angel’s Kiss, “and someone has already owned my heart.”

Wendy’s action was paused for a moment when she heard the second part of Irene’s answer.

“Is that so?” Bitterness spread through her body as she put down the drink in front of Irene, “how is he like?”

“He?” Irene chuckled while shaking her head, “oh no, it’s a she.”

Irene looked straight into Wendy’s eyes as she slowly started her confession.

“Her eyes sparkle like the stars of the night sky- no, her eyes shine so brightly as if they contain the entire universe. Her lips, oh they look so kissable. I love the way she calls out my name through them. The way she smiles would light up my world in my darkest days. And when she pouts, that’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen on a human. The way she nibs on her lip when she thinks, the way she her dry lips, the way she smiles, the way she smirks, the way she pouts, everything she does simply attracts me more towards her.”

Irene’s eyes travelled from Wendy’s eyes to her lips as she described the woman she loved, then she held the bartender’s hands that were resting on the bar. “But her hands are the most fascinating part of her. Who’d ever thought that these small and cutesy hands could mix the most amazing drinks on earth? But what I like about them the most is how electricity would flow through her fingers when we touch, I just love how tender and calming her touches are.”

Wendy was shocked, she never knew a girl, who could get all the guys at war for her heart, like Irene, would fall for her.

“Can I get you a glass of Long Island Iced Tea, Wendy?”

As Wendy was still lost in her thoughts, Irene had already stood up, arms supporting herself on the bar as she shifted closer towards Wendy, their lips inches apart from each other.

“But I prefer the Angel’s Kiss.”

Wendy closed the gap in between them with her lips attached to Irene.

The loud music around them was replaced by white noises in their minds, their lips melting into each other’s. Wendy’s scent intoxicating Irene’s system until they parted.

“You flirt.” Irene huffed and sat down.

“But you like it, don’t you?” Wendy grinned childishly at her new lover, earning a smack from the embarrassed Irene.

“Get back to work, you irresponsible bartender, what will your boss think about you when she hear about this.” Irene pushed Wendy slightly, gesturing her to work.

“I’m sure she wouldn’t mind.” The bartender flashed another smile at the other girl before their lips met each other’s again.

-----------------

Author's note:

So here's the short story I wrote in class- I haven't written a creative story in ages so... there's a lot of room for improvement in writing. I will probably read this again in the future and might even add something more to make this story more complete? Like I can touch on both parties' feelings but for now, I guess this is the best I can give :/

Anyways happy mid autumn festival and I hope you'll have a nice day!