In which there's just some light snacking

It's Like You're From Another Planet

The exact moment Hoseok completed the last sentence of his ‘diary’ (One shall never hear him call his log that), his roommate came barging through the door.

“Hobi! Thewe’s fwee food!” Jackson exclaimed, mouth seemingly still half occupied with something weirdly colourful, while he grabbed Hoseok’s wrist and dragged him out of the dorms, all the way to a small collection of flower pots, just on the border of campus. The moment they had arrived Jackson started shoving a variety of the plants in his mouth while Hoseok hesitantly started nibbling on a daisy’s petal.

Soon after, two sets of footsteps, with two respective voices, were approaching, just when Jackson took a break from his plant-inhaling-session.

“Dude, was that dude just… eating flowers?”

“Seems like it. I want to know what kind of drug they took tho, seems like it’s fun, bro…”

When Hobi looked up, he saw two rather tall guys coming their way. As soon as Jackson followed his example, he jumped of the stairs, heading straight towards the owner of the second voice.

“Well hello there, Gyeomie~. How’s your first year going?”

The guy he was talking to – ‘Gyeomie’ it seemed – didn’t look too pleased by this turn of events while nameless-emo-boy next to him looked about the same level of weirded out as Hoseok.

“Hold up. You know that guy?” The Emo™ asked his seemingly suffering friend who was being pulled into a suffocating looking hug by Hobi’s roommate.

“Kind of… we both know some of the same people.” He choked out. “I’m already regretting it, to be honest”

Jackson meanwhile had refrained from squeezing the air out of the younger and started to break into some kind of motivational speech.

“You can do anything, Gyeomie~! You’re a tiger! A tigeerrr!” He almost-shouted before (trying) to mimic, well, a tiger.

As he finished tormenting one of the boys, The Emo™ was chosen as his next victim.

“Ayyye, Gyeomie made a friend already! What’s your name, depressed looking young man?”

To be completely honest, the poor guy looked more confused than anything else at this point. Hoseok, who – still holding the half eaten daisy –had watched the scene unravelling before him with a mixture of amusement and curiosity had now caught up to the others, standing beside Jackson.

“I’m… Jungkook?” Emo boy answered hesitantly.

“You don’t sound too sure ‘bout that, wanna try again?”, Hobi retorted, smiling brightly.

“No, I don’t”, the younger said, his expression getting colder by the second. “You are?”

“That’s my roommate! Hoseok, or Hobi for short!” Jackson instantly answered.

“Thanks, Jack, I can speak for myself too”, said man shot back, “but since we’re on a first name basis now… What up, Kookie?”

“I will actually strangle him.”

“No you won’t!” ‘Gyeomie’ grabbed Jungkook’s arm and pulled him back while the latter looked like he’d jump Hoseok as soon as he got a chance to.

“C’mon, Hobi, we should get back to the dorms…” Jackson said, sending a wave towards the younger ones as he (yet again) pulled his roommate away.

On their way, The Pulling Force™ suddenly let go of the dragged one’s wrist and slowed down quite a bit, making Hoseok look at him questioningly.

“Over there is the No-Sleep-Club™ and the quiet kids… wouldn’t want to wake those from their trance”, Jackson explained, leaving his roommate even more confused.

He then pointed at a group of men, one with bleach blond, one with curly dark brown and one with soft looking black hair, all of them with matching dark circles, making Hobi believe that they were part of the so-called ‘No-Sleep-Club™’. With them were a small, grumpy looking dude, a taller, skinny guy and another small one, with a softer facial expression and silver hair.

“Well, I really wouldn’t want to fight them, now that I think about it.”

As they were back on their floor, loud voices could be heard from down the hall.

“EUKWANG, STOP THIS NOW OR I SWEAR…!” - one

“WHAT IS THIS EVEN?” - two

“I CAME HERE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AND I HONESTLY FEEL SO ATTACKED RIGHT NOW” – three

This screaming was accompanied with inaudible screeching and... A windshield wiper?

“Jin, stop laughing, you’re giving me a head- WHAT THE EVERLOVING IS THAT?” – four

“You wanna go check that out?” Jackson asked.

“Why is that even a question?”

As they arrived at the source of the screaming, a there were a lot of things for Hoseok to take in.

First, there was a group of people, laughing, face palming or generally looking confused or legit scared. All of them were grouped around a guy, on his hands and knees, head bent back towards the ceiling with a facial expression that could only be described as disturbingly amusing.

Second, Jackson. He had outright screeched at the sight and tried to jump into Hobi’s arms – extremely inelegantly – only to knock him off his feet and on the floor with him.

Third, collapsed under the mountain of muscle that was his roommate, Hoseok could make out the guy with the third voice, seemingly still standing in the open door to his room, looking extremely distraught at the fact that weird-face-guy was now awkwardly half-crawling towards him.

Now being the centre of attention, thanks to Jackson’s extremely masculine noise, the windshield wiper burst into another fit of laughter while door boy just groaned. A guy separated from the face palming-group to help the two newcomers up while the – former Weird Face Boy™ - was now looking like he could kill them all if there wasn’t the possibility of escapers who’d become witnesses.

“Now. Do you want an explanation for this? I don’t think you do.”

“Actually, I’d really like to know why the there’s a dude crawling in the hallway.” Hoseok said while trying to process what he just saw and to take in how many people there were exactly. Seven. Nine including him and his roommate, who was currently joining the two boys and windshield wiper which were dying of laughter in various degrees of laying on the floor. Two of them were literally rolling on the floor, windshield wiper was leaning against a wall as well as Jackson and a fifth guy was trying to (read: failing miserably at) giggle into his hand quietly. He too started laughing when suddenly someone else was screaming behind them.

“OH MY GOD, WE’VE GOT MATCHING MOLES!”

“Excuse me, what?” That voice Hobi knew.

“We have the same mole under our eyes!” The first voice continued. “I’m Daehyun, by the way”

“Yugyeom.” Now he realised. That was ‘Gyeomie’s’ voice.

When the group collectively turned around to see what was going on, they saw four boys, standing in the hallway. The two Jackson and Hoseok met earlier – Yugyeom and Jungkook – and two slightly older looking boys, one of which was smiling brightly and bouncing around the one that didn’t want to strangle one of the people watching. Speaking of, Jungkook suddenly turned their way and tried to charge in Hobi’s general direction but was held back once more. Not by his friend, but by the tallest member of the no sleep club.

“What the is going on here?” He asked as he held the younger, who was desperately trying to escape, by his collar.

The windshield wiper suddenly looked up, stopping his laughing session as if he’d recognized the speaker’s voice.

“Namjoonie? Eukwang did that thing with his face again… Changsub provoked it!”

“Did he?” ‘Namjoonie’ answered. What do all these people have with adding ‘ie’ to everything, Hobi thought.

“He did.” The guy who helped them up confirmed.

“Why didn’t you stop them then?” Namjoon’ie’ asked. “They’re not that weird, I can handle them if they want to start anything”, he mimicked the other.

“Sorry, dad”, The Helpful One™ rolled his eyes.

“He’s not dad, THIS is dad.” Mole Guy suddenly chimed in, pointing to the no sleep club member with curly hair who just flashed a gummy smile, shaking his head.

“Seriously, Yonggukie-hyung?”

“If they say so…”

“WE DO!” Mole Boy the young man he was talking to exclaimed excitedly.

Hoseok stopped following the discussion the two who just had spoken and the door guy were starting because of a tugging on his sleeve.

“Hobi, can we like… go back to our room?” His roommate asked, surprisingly quietly.

“Wh-“, he started, only to notice that one quiet kid Jackson seemed to pay a bit too much attention to. “Oh.”

The two waved the train wreck of conversation goodbye as they headed to back to their ‘home’.

As soon as they were back, though they could still hear the others' voices through the thin walls and door, Hoseok shot his friend a questioning look.

"His name is Mark... I'm kind of scared of acting like an idiot in front of him"

The other just grinned. "Don't worry, you always are." Which earned him a light hit on his arm.