The Rock Star

Artist & Artiste

Chapter 1: THE ROCK STAR!

 

“Oh my god! I see them, they are charming as usual! I LOVE YOU!”

 

A group girls crowded at the window, frantically waving and screaming their lungs out to the opposite block of the school. Meanwhile, a group of good-looking male students in a different school attire smiled sweetly and waved back. Some even sent them flying kisses, making the girls went crazier and louder.

 

“Don’t they ever get tired of doing this every day? Geez, I can never understand these girls!” a girl with long, straight hazel brown hair and a pair of chocolate brown eyes, glared at them irritably as she pulled her book in front of herself.

 

“What I don’t understand is you, Rumi! Out of everyone in this school, you are the only one that I know who doesn’t have an ounce of interest in celebrities!” a girl with short, light wavy black hair and a pair of black eyes, sighed at her friend.

 

“That’s not true! I know a few – Pablo Picasso, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo…” she recited.

 

“As usual, trying to pretend that you know these painters but truthfully, you don’t even know their famous works at all!” her friend sighed at her again.

“Shut up, Miki! I can’t help it right? I like buildings and scenery!” Rumi pouted.

 

“KYAAAAA” screams and cheers gained their attention as they saw a group of four good-looking males with a haughty vibe around them, waltzed past the classroom. Miki sighed hopeless as she flopped herself onto the desk when the leader, a six-foot tall and slender with straight, short navy blue hair and a pair of dark blue eyes, waved coldly at her.

 

“Isn’t he perfect? Kurosaki Ren is the leader and the vocals of the raising popular J-pop boy group, R.A.I.N! This group consist of four attractive and talented members – Kurosaki ( R )en, Yukimura ( A )kira, Hoshino ( I )kuto and Yamato ( N )aoki! It is such a privilege to be able to see them every day!” Miki explained.

 

“Hmm,” Rumi listened and watched them from afar. Honestly, I don’t really care about celebrities, music or entertainment. Tokyo Arts High School, a high school that specializes in consists two divisions – the celebrities and ordinary students. I was enrolled into this school simply because it is near my apartment.

 

“Minazuki-san, Sensei is looking for you,” a student called out.

 

“Yes, I’m coming.” Rumi replied. “Excuse me,” she greeted as she entered the staff room.

 

“Sorry but I can trouble you to bring these notes to the media room on the third floor of the Celebrities’ Division?” Sensei requested.

 

Rumi stared at the large pile, responded with a nod and carried the stack. She walked slowly and carefully to the Celebrities Division. She stood outside of the classroom with both hands occupied and sighed. Kicking the door open, she entered without thinking that a group of students who were inside, stared at her quizzically.

 

“Ah, sorry. I’m here to deliver the notes,” Rumi apologized and was about to leave until she heard an moan.

 

“Shh, quiet down,” a male student with a familiar appearance - straight, short navy blue hair and a pair of dark blue eyes – whispered to the girl next to him. His left arm was around her shoulders while his hand was slightly and teasingly touching her chest. Clearly, Rumi remembered him. It was Kurosaki Ren.

 

Feeling disturbed, Rumi walked away quickly to the door. Unfortunately, a male with straight shoulder-length red hair and a pair of red seductive eyes pushed Rumi back into the classroom with a group of girls. He was kissing one of the girls on his left with touching the other girl’s chest. “Ikuto-kun, you are such as bad boy,” the girl drawled as he continued fondling her.

 

To make matter worse, screams and moans from the back of the classroom echoed the classroom. Despite the fact that the curtains were drawn to hide the couple, it was obvious to know that they were doing indecent activities.

 

“Hmmm, what does an ordinary student like you want? Ah, what a good timing. I am getting bored of these girls from our division. Come here, sit next to me.” Ren ordered as he pointed the empty seat of the sofa.

 

Rumi glared at him and refused to move. Instead, she pushed herself through the crowd and stepped out of the classroom. Ren stomped after her and grabbed her arm to prevent her from leaving. Rumi turned her body sharply and shot a glare at him with a murderous intent.  

 

“Tsk, tsk. Such a cute girl like you shouldn’t frown too much. Come, I’ll help you relax.” Ren clicked his tongue playfully and pinched her chin towards his face. As his face drew closer to Rumi, he opened his mouth slightly in attempt to give her a tongue. Just in a few millimeters away from her, she gave him a tight slap across his face and her face reddened in embarrassment.

 

“A kiss is something you do with someone who has a mutual and romantic feeling towards you. I’m sorry that this may be insignificant to you, but to me, it’s something that I want to do with my boyfriend so don’t you dare touch me again. You hear me?” Rumi roared.

 

“Hmmm,” Ren squinted his eyes as he rubbed his bruised face. After a few moments, he concluded, “Then be my girlfriend and I can do whatever I like to you.”

 

 “Huh? Stop fooling around. I don’t like you. In fact, at this point, I hate you.” Rumi declared, pushed him once more and hurriedly got up to run away from him.

 

“That girl… is really interesting.” Ren mumbled to himself and continued to rub his face to ease the sting when Rumi was out of sight.

 

Rumi slammed the door behind her the moment she entered the classroom and panted heavily. “What’s wrong, Rumi?” Miki walked up to her with a worried expression.

 

“Ah, it’s nothing!” Rumi replied after a few deep breadths. She sat at her desk and gazed out of her window until the bell rang. Rumi grabbed her lunchbox and was about to dash out of the classroom but stopped by Ren. Girls along the corridor were screaming again. Ren smiled sweetly at Rumi and politely asked, “Hmm? Are you heading out for lunch now?”

 

“The bell rang and I’m holding my bento, what do you think?” Rumi rolled her eyes at him. Girls around her scowled at Rumi for her attitude towards Ren.

 

“Ah, I was about to invite you for lunch and I have been thinking about you ever since you rejected my confession. I’m hurt,” Ren looked at her with a hurtful expression and whispered Rumi’s ears, “I’m hurt in both physically and mentally.”

 

Girls around them went into fits at Rumi. “Did you hear that?! That girl hurt Ren-sama!” one of them snarled.  “Ahhh, but Ren-sama likes that girl? That’s why he confessed to her?” another girl questioned. Soon, gossips, chatters and questions filled the entire floor.

 

Rumi simply walked away and Miki quietly followed her while staring curiously at Ren who was also tagging along. Miki then tugged her friend’s sleeve and whispered, “Hey, mind telling me what happened?”

 

Rumi glanced over her shoulder at Ren and sweated. She stopped her tracks and turned towards him, “We are going to the ladies…”

 

“I’ll go with you, I’ll wait outside.” Ren offered sincerely, however Rumi knew that it meant he will not let her out from his sight.

 

When there was no one in the toilet, Rumi let a depressing sigh and explained to Miki. After a while, her expression went from confused to understanding and worried.

 

“And here I thought you had no interest in celebrities,” Miki said with her arms in akimbo. “Well, perhaps it’s because you had no interest therefore he was interested in you instead. This is indeed an artist and an artiste.” Miki winked at her friend teasingly.

 

“It’s not even a joke… Wait a minute, are you not jealous or angry at me?”

 

“Hmmm, if you were not my friend, then maybe I will be jealous. But because of you, I will be able to see Naoki-kun whenever Kurosaki-kun comes over right? Then I will not be angry, in fact I will be very grateful.” Miki smiled gleefully at her. “Anyway, let’s return! ‘Ren-sama’ is currently waiting for his beloved girlfriend.” she teased.

 

“Shut up, Matsumoto Miki!” Rumi chided. The moment they stepped out, they found the popular and charming singer surrounded by girls. He was caressing their face, playing with their hair, and kissing their cheeks and hands. Boiling in anger, she gripped her fist and shouted, “You womanizer!” Everyone stopped to look at Rumi. She hid her face in embarrassment but Ren pulled her hands away.

 

“You’re so cute.” Ren smirked as he closed his eyes and leaned closer to Rumi’s face to kiss her. Instinctively, she gave him a tight slap again and everybody gasped in shocked.

 

“Like I said, don’t touch me, you stupid dog!” Rumi roared and ran off.

 

Ren touched his wound and all the girls surrounded him in concern. Ren smirked and mumbled, “She’s really interesting.”