Chapter 2: It's You I think of

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a year since that incident happened. She still ends up in some random dark alley, with only a body, a dead body, accompanying her. She always gets away with it perfectly. Her name is not even in the Wanted List. She haven’t consulted anyone about her ‘sickness’, as she’d like to call it. Afraid she might end up in the same cold and dark cell again for the rest of her life.

 

Dahyun had found a work to sustain her everyday living.

Ironic, isn’t it? I have to live for people to die. She once thought to herself.

 

 

 

The afternoon sun was setting. With her black cap on, a simple white hoodie, black jeans, and a pair of sneakers, Dahyun decided to take a walk in the park. Hoping to have a little time to herself. Away from everything. Away from the monster she had become. She’s still human after all.

 

After an hour of walk, she decided to sit on the bench. She grabbed a beer from the plastic bag with the convenience store logo, drinking it slowly, savoring it like she had all the time in the world.

 

“Arghh. How can this taste so bitter yet fulfilling?” then she realized, Killing is bitter yet fulfilling too.

Dahyun just scoffed to herself.

 

 

She just sat there for who knows how long until she realized it was already late and there was no one around her.

Taking one last look around, she stood up from her seat ready to go home.

 

 

 

Not too far away from where she sat, she noticed a figure in the dark, sitting alone, head on her knees and... is she crying?

 

Dahyun stood there, contemplating on whether to mind her own business or to comfort the stranger.

She decided to do the latter. Having consumed 2 cans of beer and the cold night breeze, she didn’t know why but she just felt like it.

 

She slowly approached the figure.

 

Oh, she’s a girl.

 

Dahyun hesitated for a while, then said, almost in a whisper, “Hey there.”

 

When she received no response, she took her seat beside the stranger, “You know, I heard some stories about this place. They say, you wouldn’t feel alone here because even at night, when all of the people are sleeping already, someone will absolutely keep you company. Someone dressed in white, hair hanging low covering most of her face, pale skin. They say she died here. In this same bench.”

 

The stranger, now realizing what those words meant, looked up to Dahyun with wide eyes, backing away almost immediately, eyes filled with fear, horror and absolutely tears.

 

 

Dahyun saw the girl’s face for the first time. Her eyes sparkling attractively from tears under the moonlight, her hair flowing naturally below her shoulder, cheeks as fluffy as hers, maybe much more. Dahyun didn’t mean to stare. Well, she did. The girl is just so pretty. She looks so… innocent. So unlike her.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! STAY AWAY FROM ME!” the girl screamed.

 

Dahyun was taken aback. Does she know? Does she know that I’m- I’m a murd-?

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GHOOOOOOST! HELP! SOMEONE! AHHHHHH”

 

Dahyun, confused for a minute, then realized the situation. She was wearing a white hoodie, black cap covering her face, and of course pale skin. She suddenly felt relieved and laughed. She came up with an idea. She wanted to tease the girl more.

 

“Whaaaat are you doing here? This is my plaaaace. Wooooo~” Dahyun said in a rather creepy tone, both hands in front of her, just like what that ghost did in some horror movies she had seen.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE DON’T KILL ME! AHHHHHHHH” the girl screamed again, loudly this time.

 

She’s so cute. Dahyun continued her act. She’s trying her hardest not to laugh. She realized the girl is crying even more than she did minutes ago.

 

Great. Just great, Dahyun. So much for trying to comfort her.

 

Dahyun stopped, feeling guilty. “Uhhh Hey. Stop crying. I’m sorry” She patted the girl’s shoulder gently.

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DON’T TOUCH ME! AHH

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter