fin

Sad Things in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A word of I love you became blurry off his memory. A glimpse of some people became vague as the times passed by. Slowly, as the time flew down, the broken promise and bitter truth seemed real to him and hit him as he expected. 

Just like the sentence of “We’re close” and twinkling eyes while claiming the acerbic wit. 

Jihoon never thought it became an echo of unpleasant past that agonising him bit by bit. He raised too much expectation toward the former, which supposed to become an improbable outcome for his unfortunate fate. 

The expectation was torn apart in the end. Also, the fake smile he began to adjust these days whenever the line of fate brought them to meet each other. There was no longer closeness he felt either through the former’s eyes, meanwhile, there was a distant longing that Jihoon unable to explain and show. 

Yup, he was missing the presence of that person, the person who was close to him. Closer than anyone could think. Closer than a best friend. Closer than a brother. 

Simply, they were close, until no one between them needed words to tell what they felt inside. 

But that idea simply ruined everything. Because some of the matter needed to be expressed into words so none of them would misunderstand what they really meant. 

Just like their closeness — back then, anyone would assume they were the boyfriend or special friend with a vague line. While the other remained silent, another one would shake his head and smile to anyone who asked them the same question over and over. 

So Jihoon, the one who stayed silent, catching his eyes to other side and not give a damn about it because he was also curious what line they created which bonding them together. As if they weren’t at the special part but how they treated each other explained more than what they admitted. How they depended on each other and they revolved in each other’s rotation. 

It spoke loudly and it also confused him a lot. 

Just like now…

The book he swept over page by page, a distraction of unfortunate moment from having Seungcheol in the same area with him. Well, that was not new, because however, he tried to avoid the former, the fate would set them back to by a chance bump into each other or just remain in the same place. 

The cafe looked quiet with few student taking a note and having their late lunch at the early evening. Jihoon on the other side took his eyes to skimming one paragraph to another one while stealing a glimpse of a certain guy who took his time to discuss one lesson with his fellow friends. He smiled to see the latter having a good life and not a quiet one like Jihoon. 

He gulped an air to burst his mind with a fresh one. He shall not worry the latter when they were no longer close like they used to. 

“Mind your business, Jihoon,” he nagged himself. Then he nodded as he got back on his track. At the same time, he did not know someone else have been watching him whenever Jihoon did not take his time to spend for staring at Seungcheol. 

“You don’t go there?” 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter