The Night's Not Over Yet

The Night's Not Over Yet
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Did I really have to come when you could have just dropped the baby off yourself?" Serena scoffed as her sister grinned widely while Melanie was the one driving. "Of course. It's a win-win situation for everybody, Serena." "Yeah right, Melanie. Maybe for you and the baby." Serena grumbled just as she saw the sign of the amusement park up ahead. "You'll be fine." Melanie dismissed her sister with a wave of her hand. "It's not like you'll be the third wheel or anything." "Of course I'll be a third wheel because I didn't want to come in the first place." "Stop." "Auntie." Lia calls from the backseat.

"Yes, Lia?" Both of them answer as Lia giggles while turning away from them to look outside the window. "Pretty. Pretty. Pretty." She points at the scenery as the sisters agreed with a laugh. "Yes, Lia, it's pretty." Melanie answered as she turned into the amusement park's parking lot. "You wanna play games, Lia?" "Yeah!" Their niece turned towards Serena with a bright look as she clapped her hands together. "Play games. Play games." "Soon, Lia. Soon." Melanie told them as she put the car into park and turned off the engine. "Can meet daddy, too." "Daddy!" She repeated with happiness as she waited.

The duo got out of the car with Serena helping her niece out while Melanie gathered Lia's things. "I don't know why they wanted to meet here, but I figured it must be because of her kids." "I hope we don't have to hang out with them. I mean, I'll play with Lia, but her other kids, no thanks." "You're telling me." Melanie said as the trio made their way to the front of the amusement park where they were supposed to meet their brother and his problematic on and off again girlfriend and her kids. Serena faced her niece. "Ready to meet daddy?" "Yeah!" Lia cheered as her eyes took in the scene around her. "Pretty." "Yeah, super pretty."

Serena realized something and looked over at Melanie. "Shouldn't you be holding her and I hold her stuff?" "You're the one that did that yourself." Melanie shrugged as Serena motioned with her head. "Let's switched before she gets attached." Lia transferred to Melanie's arms while Serena took the Poppy backpack and wore it comfortably after placing the strap of her messenger bag across her body. "You just wanted an excuse to wear her backpack." "That too." "Poppy." Lia reached a hand out towards the purple backpack. "Auntie wear it for now." Serena told her. "Auntie give it back to you later. Okay?" "Okay."

The trio were greeted by their brother, Kang, a moment later. "Yo, over here." He waved them over as Lia leaned towards her father and he took her into his arms. "Hi, princess." He greeted as she giggled once her dad's face nuzzled against her. "Were you a good girl for auntie?" Lia continued to giggle. "Thanks." Kang thanked his sisters. "Her mom wanted to come here for the youngest son's birthday." "Boo." Serena let out as she rolled her eyes. "And what, you're gonna pay for everything?" "No. She said she was taking care of all that." "Yeah right." Melanie disagreed. "Watch. She's going to make you pay for everything." "No I'm not." "Sure."

"Are you guys going to stay or leave?" Kang asked a second later. Serena shrugged and pointed at Melanie. "She drove so ask her." "I mean we can hang out for a bit." "Ugh." Serena eyed her sister as Melanie grinned. "Play with Lia." "Oh yeah, go ahead and play with her." Kang said as he set his daughter onto the ground. "Go play with auntie, princess." Lia smiled up at Serena and walked towards her. "No. Go play with auntie Nini." Lia looked towards Melanie who then pointed at Serena. "No. Auntie Rina wants to play with you instead." Lia walked closer to Serena who backed up with a smile.

"Auntie." Lia walked towards Serena thinking it was a game of chase as Serena continued to play with her. "Auntie gonna go now." "No. Stay." Lia said as she chased after Serena who had turned around to run away, but ended up running into another person. She and the other person tumbled to the ground with both of their parties watching the event unfold in amusement. "You're so embarrassing." Serena heard her sister say as she tried to scramble to her feet while apologizing to the person. "I'm sorry." Serena realized she recognized him, but didn't mentioned it. "It's okay. I'm sorry, too." He smiled at her before smiling sweetly.

"Hey, I know you." "Um, no you don't. We've never met. Anyways, bye." She told him as she picked up her niece to divert the attention elsewhere. "Let's go play, Lia." "Yeah, yeah! Play! Play!" Lia cheered as Serena ran off with her inside the park. Melanie laughed at the whole ordeal when she felt Kang nudged her. "Hmm?" "You go play with them." He handed her several bills. "Get whatever you guys want or whatever Lia wants. I'll meet you guys later. I'm still gonna wait for Dina." "Alright, cool then. Let me know." Melanie said as she bid her brother goodbye and went to go find her sister and niece.

While she was casually walking Melanie felt something hit her head. She looked down and spotted a small hackey sack. She picked it up and looked for the culprit and saw a familiar face coming up to her. "Is this your ball, Wooseok?" "Hey there Melanie and um, yeah. Sorry about that." She tossed the ball at him which he caught effortlessly. "Were you trying to get my attention by using that or was your target elsewhere?" Melanie teased as Wooseok let out an awkward laugh. "No, it wasn't like that." "I'm teasing." Before either of them could say more Melanie felt a light tap against her thigh.

"C'mon." Lia urged Melanie as she took a hold of her aunt's hand and began to pull her away. "Well, I gotta go, Wooseok, but see you tomorrow at work." "Yeah, see ya." Melanie looked down at her niece. "Where's auntie Rina?" "Over there." Lia pointed with her other hand where Serena was now eating a large corn-dog. "Is your head okay?" "Yeah, how about your face?" "What about my face?" "I saw you smiling when you saw that guy. Cute, huh?" "Shut up. Where's Kang?" Serena asked upon not seeing her brother. "He's gonna wait for Dina." "Boo." "He gave me money. Let's go play." "Cool, Lia wants to play the Duck Pond." "I'm sure that's you."

~~~~~~~~~~

"So Serena, did you get a chance to see that cute guy again?" Melanie asked Serena as the trio were eating dinner after playing for two hours. "No and I'm glad this place is huge. Why do you even care?" Serena said eyeing her sister as Melanie shrugged with a hidden smile. "Just asking." "For some reason I feel like you know something that I don't." Melanie shrugged again although her expression still made Serena suspicious, but nevertheless disregarded the topic. "Anyways, what do you wanna do after this?" The sisters looked at their niece who was still eating her fries. "What do you wanna do, Lia?" Serena asked the little kid instead.

"Lia can't do anything else. Kang wants us to meet him at the entrance in a few minutes." Melanie informed her sister after she checked her phone. "Now he wants to meet us? She didn't show up, huh?" Serena said as Melanie rolled her eyes. "Well, if you read the group text message then yeah." "Such a waste." "Not really since you won this big Domo doll for Lia." "Domo." Lia cooed upon hearing the name and petting the large stuffed doll that was just a few inches bigger than her. "Yeah, after she got used to it and stopped calling him scary." "That was funny."

"Anyways," Melanie began piling the other trash together, "I'll take her since Kang said not to bring the backpack or the doll since the mom's going to take it and not give it back or something like that." "What else is new?" "I know right." Melanie faced Lia. "Are you done eating?" "Yeah." Lia answered as she was now playing with her food. "Okay. Let's go potty and then go see daddy, okay." "Okay!" Lia let out happily as she climbed off the bench. "Bye, Lia." Serena bid her goodbye as Lia went to hug her. "Bye auntie." "See ya in a bit." Melanie informed as Serena gave her the O.K. sign as she stayed behind.

~~~~~~~

After Melanie dropped her niece off with her brother and missed the chance of seeing Dina and was on her way back to meeting up with Serena when she literally bumped into her male co-worker once again. "Is this payback for me hitting you with the hackey sack earlier, Nini?" Wooseok teased as Melanie rubbed her face and stared up at him. "Um, no. I just didn't see you." "That I can hardly believed with how tall I am." "I wasn't looking so it could be possible for me to not see you, Wooseok." Melanie dismissed as she maneuvered around him to continue on her way, but the male blocked her.

"Aww, don't be like that. I was just teasing." "Haha. Not." Melanie crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Wooseok with boredom. "Is there something that you need?" "Not really, but I didn't know you had a daughter." "I don't." "Oh. Wow, that's just awkward." Melanie laughed at his assumption. "You thought I had a daughter? That's my niece. I can't believe you thought she was my daughter." "It's an honest mistake, Melanie." "But that's just so funny, Wookseok. Ahh, I can't wait to tell Serena about this." "You mean your sister?" "Yeah. How do you know her?" "Hongseok."

"Of course. Wait, is he here?" "Yeah, he's with the others." "Okay. Cool." Melanie smiled mischievously as she pulled out her phone to message something to Hongseok. "What are you doing?" "Just messaging Hongseok." "Do you like him?" "What?" Melanie asked once she finished messaging their other co-worker. "No, Wooseok. I don't like Hongseok. I told him to bother my sister. They're good friends." "Wait, isn't she the one that Changgu likes and bumped into earlier?" "Yeah, anyways, are the others with you or are you by yourself?" "I was just waiting for Hyunggu and Yuto. They wanted to win some toy or something."

"Okay, then. You can stay waiting for them. I'm going back to Serena." Melanie told him as she side-stepped around him, but Wooseok took a hold of her forearm. "Why don't you keep me company?" "Why?" "Because we never hang outside of work." "So, your point is?" "You always hang out with the others, but when I want to hang out with you, you're busy." "Because I am. Also, I'm lazy. You always ask to hang out on the days that we're busy and I just want to go home." Melanie reasoned as Wooseok pouted slightly. "Well, we're not at work now. So let's hang out." "Okay. What do you want to do?"

"Oh, I don't know." Wooseok laughed sheepishly as Melanie rolled her eyes playfully. "Wow." "Give me a second." "One second." "You know what I mean." "Alright, whatever." "Let's just ditched the two and it'll be just us two." "Like a date?" "Yeah." Wooseok's eyes widened upon what he said as he corrected himself clumsily. "Uh, wait, that's not what I meant. Like not as in a date. Just a hang out with just us two. You and me. Me and you. Just the two of us. Not as a date." Wooseok eyed the female who shot him an amused look. "Unless you want it to be a date." Melanie chuckled while shaking her head. "You're cute, you know that?"

"Is that a yes?" Wooseok asked unsure as Melanie shrugged with a smile still upon her face. "I dunno. Yuto and Hyunggu are coming back and I'm still here with my sister." "So, that's a no." Wooseok confirmed as Melanie shook her head with another laugh coming out causing Wooseok to be even more confused. "You're so difficult to read, Mela

Please log in to read the full chapter