you

l(ink)ed
Please log in to read the full chapter

it's funny how we loved each other deeply and happily, funny because i woke up and you're gone. everything is a dream, 

you and me together is a dream. 

a dream i don't ever want to wake up from.

because our love lives there.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

 

Sowon looked at her wrist and smiled. She traced the words on there lovingly. Jung Eunha. 

She brought her wrist close to her lips and kissed it. She gave it another kiss before she covered the name with make up. Erasing any trace of it of ever appeared.

 

Heaving out a sigh, Sowon took one last look at her appearance in the mirror and flashed a small smile to reassure herself that everything will go well. That her date with Eunha will end up like how she planned in her mind all night long.

 

Sowon took another look in the mirror. Eyeshadow, check. Lipstick, check. Teeth, check. She nodded towards her reflection and gave herself another encouraging smile, unfortunately the creases between her eyebrows were still there. She wondered if she would mess up the date. She was afraid. But she convinced herself that nothing should go wrong, because Jung Eunha is the one. She won't let herself mess up.

 

---

 

Sowon hurriedly stepped out of her apartment, and felt the refreshing cold breeze kiss her smooth skin. the tall brunette didn't know why she felt small goosebumps arise upon her neck. 

 

Maybe it was because the below freezing temperatures. Or maybe it was because whenever her mind ran about a certain short-haired girl, her insides twisted and turned like a villainous maze without a solution. 

 

Sowon exhaled a breath she didnt know she was holding, and stared at her wrist.

 

--

 

Sowon was nervous. She looked at the sky, it's kind of grey. It's going to rain soon. She berated herself for forgetting her umbrella. She hoped everything will go well today. Her heart was trembling tremendously. Sowon's in love. And, she's going to tell her. She's going to tell Eunha, she's going to confess her feeling. 

 

--

 

 

The streets were dimly lit and she could see a few people loitering about and couples walking with their arms linked, most were headed where her destination was. where eunha was waiting for her. 

 

a bell jingled overhead as she pushed the wooden doors open, and an attendant was waiting by it to direct customers to their table. 

 

The attendant smiled at her politely. He asked her if she had made a reservation or want to make one and she answered with the former.

 

"Ah, of course, I will take you to your table. If you may?" 

 

She gulped.

 

This is it.

 

Her chance to confess.

 

--

 

 

Or not. 

 

Sowon was standing too fast when Eunha arrived at their designated table. As the result, the chair almost tipped over, luckily she caught it before the chair fell down. 

 

Eunha's worry gazed accompanied with, "Unnie, are you okay?" made Sowon's heart filled with warmth. 

 

Sowon threw a reassuring smile, "I am okay, just a bit nervous."

 

Eunha giggled. "Why are you nervous? It's just me."

 

Sowon pushed the chair for Eunha swiftly, "Precisely, because it's with you." 

 

"Eh?" Eunha tilted her head. She turned to Sowon who's pushing Eunha's chair gently.

 

Sowon bent down to Eunha's level to whisper, "Because I am with the most beautiful person, it's making my heart jittery and nervous."

 

Eunha's cheeks adorned a bright pink hue by the time Sowon sat back in her seat.

 

"Are you always being like this to everyone you take out on a date?" Eunha asked.

 

Sowon let out a confused "eh?"

 

Eunha just stared at Sowon.

 

Sowon shrugged, "Well, you are the only one that I ever take on a date, so maybe the answer is yes?"

 

Eunha blushed a deeper shade of pink.

 

--

 

 

Sowon wondered as she watched Eunha ate and talked, she wondered of the stars, they seemed to had decided to stay inside Eunha's eyes. How her eyes sparkled and oh so beautiful. Sowon didn't mind to get lost inside Eunha's eyes. And then Eunha smiled. Sowon was indeed lost.

 

--

 

"…-nnie?"

 

"Sowon-unnie?" Eunha tapped Sowon's fingers and Sowon had finally returned to earth.

 

"Uh? Huh? Ye-yes?" Sowon stuttered.

 

"Are you listening to me, unnie?" Eunha asked. 

 

"Huh? No, I am sorry, what're you saying?" Sowon focused back at the girl in front of her.

 

"I am asking whether you have another things to do after our dinner. Where'd your mind been wandering off to?" Eunha lightly tapped Sowon's hand.

 

"To the space?" 

 

Eunha laughed. And though Sowon wasn't sure what's funny, she had decided that she wanted to listen to Eunha's voice forever, it's…like a music to her ear... So cheesy, Sowon.

 

--

 

Sowon was not a clumsy person or was she? She watched in horror at the stain on Eunha's dress. She kept on apologizing at Eunha, who's waving her apology kindly.

 

"Unnie, it's okay, really. You were just trying to help me when I slipped on my toe. You caught me but spilled the drink on your hand right onto the dress. It wasn't your fault," Eunha smiled, "Instead, I should thank you."

 

"But-"

 

Eunha shook her head, she took Sowon's hand and squeezed it. "Unnie is my hero," Eunha stated with a wide grin.

 

Sowon blushed.

 

--

 

They walked toward Sowon's car and Sowon opened the car door, waited for Eunha to climb in, then gently shut it close once Eunha was already seated. She heard Eunha's soft thank you as she closed the door. Sowon smiled to herself.

 

She drove them to Eunha's house and everything was fine, until her car suddenly lurched and started to slow down. Sowon's eyebrows knitted together. She pulled the car to the side of the road. She turned to Eunha, "I'll check what's wrong, wait here?" Eunha nodded.

 

--

 

Five minutes passed, Eunha opened the window and peeked at Sowon. "Unnie?"

 

"Ah, I am asking Google about what's wrong with the car," Sowon appeared from behind the car's hood. Sweaty and confused. The view of Sowon with tousled hair, beads of sweat on her forehead, and knitted eyebrows, it made Eunha blush. She bit her lips, because how could she still looked attractive being like that. 

 

And Eunha remembered for a fleeting moment, about the sleeping senior on one of the study tables at the library, textbooks and papers were scrawled open on the table. Eunha noticed the glasses on Sowon's face, she thought that sleeping with the glasses on must be uncomfortable, so she quietly tried to pull the glasses away from Sowon's face. 

 

After she'd succeeded, Eunha sat in front of Sowon. She looked at Sowon and smiled. Eunha is a library assistant and Sowon is a frequent visitor. Though sometimes, Sowon was more of the assistant than her. She knows more about the books placement than Eunha. And she often helped Eunha finding the books there.

 

This time, Eunha had decided to be the one who help Sowon. Eunha put her own cardigan around Sowon's sleeping figure. After that, she rearranged the books and papers on the table, not forgetting to put the bookmarks on the books. 

 

--

 

"Awake?" Sowon asked her once she's awake. 

 

Eunha looked around the darkened library and gasped as realization hit her. "Wha-huh?" Eunha has fallen asleep while waiting for Sowon to wake up. Her own cardigan was on her instead of Sowon. 

 

Sowon laughed. And Eunha stared and stared at Sowon. 

 

"Hm?"

 

"You don't wear your glasses," Eunha stated. Well, she's the one who's taking out the glasses from Sowon. Still, she didn't know she would looked like this.

 

Sowon nodded with a small smile. "Is it weird?"

 

"What? NO! You look so beautiful, wow," Eunha replied in awe. "Like whoa…so beautiful…" she couldn't stop staring, and Sowon just smiled bashfully and wow it's making Eunha's heart leap.

 

--

 

And right now, as Sowon looked frustratedly at her cellphone with tousled hair, beads of sweat on her forehead, and knitted eyebrows, Eunha's heart was leaping out of her chest again.

 

--

 

The car went caput and Sowon called the car repair shop to fix her car. 

 

As they waited, she mulled over their date, it wasn't supposed to be like this. Sowon had started to drown when Eunha leaned on the car's door beside her. "Unnie, don't worry, my house is near. We can walk there."

 

"But-"

 

Eunha smiled, she leaned her head on Sowon's shoulder. "It's okay." 

 

Sowon squeezed Eunha's hand. She looked up at the sky. So dark with so many stars. 

 

"Unnie, look! Shooting stars!" Eunha pointed at the sky excitedly. "Do you know? Actually shooting stars are just meteors who've been burnt. They're being burnt on the atmosphere when they're going to enter the earth, but if they could survive the atmosphere and enter the earth successfully-" Eunha turned to Sowon and blush.

 

"Hm?" 

 

"Sorry, I am going on and on about the meteors and, um, you're totally wasn't asking that-um, sorry-"

 

Sowon chuckled. "I don't mind actually."

 

"Eh?"

 

"You are sparkling," Sowon said.

 

"Sparkling?"

 

"There are stars inside your eyes. You look like the stars, Eunha."

 

Eunha blushed. 

 

"Hey, even if the shooting stars are just burnt meteors, can we still wish upon it?" Sowon tilted her head up.

 

"I think we can wish upon it, because burnt meteors are still stars."

 

"Really?" Sowon turned to Eunha who's nodding. 

 

"Why? What would you wish for, unnie?" Eunha asked.

 

Sowon was looking at Eunha. And soon a smile bloomed. Still, she's staying silent. 

 

"Um? Is something on my face? Did I say something weird? Why are you looking at me?" Eunha fidget under Sowon's stare.

 

"You. I'll wish for you."

 

"Huh? Huh? Eh? HUH?" Eunha's mouth kept on flapping open and close.

 

"Be mine, Eunha." Sowon reached for Eunha's hands.

 

"Wh-why-" Eunha stuttered.

 

"Because I love you."

 

Sowon's eyes were focused on her, and the grip on Eunha's hands were firm and determined like the expression Sowon was sporting.

 

Eunha squirmed under the heated gaze and felt her own cheeks flaring.

 

Sowon's confession took her by surprise and now her heart was trying to digest the heartfelt words.

 

"I-I..." Eunha couldn't speak and her words came out chapped and jittery, with every failed attempts, Sowon's grip was loosening along with the ironclad confidence she had mere seconds ago.

 

Sowon's eyes progressively dimmed down and Eunha was panicking inside.

 

'Speak, dammit!!' She cursed to herself and her hiccuping heart.

 

Sowon's hands were now holding hers gently and the determined look she had was now gone.

 

"W-well I guess that's a n-"

 

Eunha couldn't think further and practically threw her lips into Sowon's, muffling the rest of her sentence.

 

--

 

After they pulled back, Sowon was in a daze. "What-" Sowon looked at Eunha and said, "What is that for? What does that mean?" Sowon searched Eunha's eyes. Then she looked down at her feet. "Is that supposed to mean something?" she asked softly. "Or was it just a spur of moment without meaning?"

 

"That's…" Eunha's cheeks were flushed pink.

 

Sowon gave a small smile, "I hope we can still be friends, forget my confession." 

 

"We can't."

 

"We…can't…?" Sowon's smile fell. She had hoped that even though Eunha didn't have the same feeling as her, she'll still be able to be her friend. Because Sowon likes, no loves, she loves Eunha's company. 

 

"We can't because I don't kiss my friend on the lips," Eunha replied. She looked at Sowon seriously.

 

"…huh?" Sowon blinked.

 

"I said I don't kiss my friend on the lips," Eunha repeated. 

 

Sowon blinked again. Her brain was trying to digest Eunha's words. "Wha-"

 

Eunha pulled Sowon for another kiss. "The one that I kissed on the lips," Eunha whispered in between their kiss, "…is my lover."

 

"So…itmeansthat-" Sowon pulled away from the kiss to look at Eunha's eyes. She needed to hear it.

 

"It means that you're my lover," Eunha smiled, "I love you, Sowon-unnie."

 

Sowon was stunned before she pulled Eunha for a hug. Eunha smiled against

Please log in to read the full chapter