Chapter 1

яυlεѕ ● иιεlωσσи (discontinued)

°It's scary what a smile can hide°

Chapter 1;

°It's scary what a smile can hide°


Sungwoon laid on the grass with his eyes closed, letting the sun hit his face. He was deep in the forest, far from humans. He knew he shouldn't be there but he wanted to spend his time alone beside he didn't have any job. He hummed softly, felt the warmth on his face. Wind hitting his hair gently, the sounds of the birds chirping and the sounds of the trees that made him in peace.

"Hyung, you shouldn't be here," Sungwoon didn't open his eyes instead he just huffed slowly at the voice.

"Let's go," He squinted his eyes at the direction of the voice, Minhyun with his white silky and broad wings spread on his back.

"I just want to stay here for awhile," Minhyun crossed his arms at Sungwoon. Sungwoon rolled his eyes at Minhyun before closing his eyes again.

"Jisung hyung is not going to be happy about this and he already banned you from coming here," He frowned slightly at the mention of his older friend, he knew he shouldn't but being a stubborn angel he is, he wouldn't budge. Minhyun knew he wouldn't budge, he didn't put much effort to.

"Just let him be, I'm not a kid. I'm one of the strongest angels after all," Minhyun scoffed. Sungwoon being himself again. Minhyun didn't want to be there any longer so he doesn't have to deal with Sungwoon, he flew away from the forest. Besides he was exhausted from his previous mission.

"Finally," Sungwoon murmured under his breath, he fell in silent. After a moment of silent, Sungwoon frowned to himself. It was awfully quiet around him, he couldn't hear any sounds. He started to get anxious, shiver suddenly went to his spine. Cold sweats formed on his forehead. He snapped his eyes opened when he heard something rustling beside him. His eyes met with a pair of dark brown eyes, his frown got deeper as he scanned the other's face.

The other flashed a smile at him, his front teeth poking out from his smile making him resemble a rabbit, a cute rabbit Sungwoon has to say. He let out a sigh of relief. The guy raised an eyebrow before giggling. Sungwoon tilted his head at him, he wondered why the guy giggle. Did he look funny to the guy that he kept giggling? Did the guy giggle because of his small and petite form? A lot of thought ran through his head. His eyes studied the guy's face. How his eyes crinkle in crescent shape when he's smiling, how his front teeth poking out cutely when he smiles. Sungwoon let out a chuckle.

"Who are you?" Sungwoon asked once the guy stopped giggling which took a little bit of Sungwoon's time but he shrugged it off.

"Daniel. Kang Daniel," Sungwoon frowned to himself, he never heard of that name in heaven before. He can sense the danger radiating from Daniel but he shrugged it off, maybe he was imagining things.

Daniel looked at him, smiling ear to ear. He flashed a really bright smile, emphasized the word 'really'. Sungwoon just smiled softly at Daniel who laying beside him, facing him using his arm to support his head so he could have a better view of Sungwoon's face. Daniel was openly staring at Sungwoon, he didn't mind it. Daniel studied Sungwoon's features.

"Are you an angel too?" Sungwoon tilted his head at Daniel, he just smiled at Sungwoon. A chuckle escaped from his mouth. Sungwoon saw something sparked but disappeared almost immediately in Daniel's eyes when he asked him but he shrugged it off...again.

"Too? Are you an angel?" Sungwoon responded with a soft hum. His eyes shifted to the skies that started to change colours, it was a warning for him to go back. Sungwoon immediately got up from the ground, his wings spread wide. Daniel looked at Sungwoon, mouth wide opened. Sungwoon also caught how Daniel's eyes raked over his figure and wings that make him felt weird.

"I need to go home and you should too. It's bad to roam around when the skies are dark. It's demons' time to roam around. Be safe," Sungwoon glanced at Daniel who just looked at him in silence before he hurriedly flew to the sky. Sure he's a stubborn angel but rules are rules that needed to follow.

A dark figure stood behind a tree that was close to Daniel, hiding in the shadow. Daniel smirked while chuckling at himself before mumbling something under his breath, he laid on the ground. Humming while staring at the sky that was mixed with orange and hint of purple. Something about his smirk that screams danger. Eerie silent hugged Daniel tightly as if it scared of Daniel to make noises even the tiniest noise. He slipped his hand inside his pocket, staring at the purplish sky. He narrowed his eyes at the figure that was hiding in the shadow of the tree beside him.

-

Guanlin massaged his temple in annoyance. The storm that echoed inside the heaven didn't die down after 10 minutes.

"Hyung," He whined at the older angels, he just wished that the storm die down. He closed his ears with his palms, groaning loudly.

"Can someone go and stop Jaehwan from laughing? I can't believe his laugh could last this long," Jisung shouted, his voice almost couldn't be heard due to the storm-Jaehwan's laugh. Jinyoung rolled his eyes as the storm seems to get louder make some of them groaned while closing their ears with their palms.

"Minhyun hyung," Daehwi whined at Minhyun who rolled his eyes, he didn't want to deal with Jaehwan. That demon keeps bringing a headache to him. Minhyun knew Jaehwan too well. Minhyun was once a guardian angel and he bumped with Jaehwan who happened to be the one who had to ruin the person's life who in Minhyun's guard. Daehwi and Guanlin who kept begging at Minhyun to stop Jaehwan from laughing like a storm, ironically his laugh is.

Sungwoon and Jisung just chuckled at the sight. Minhyun stomped his way out before flew away to stop Jaehwan from laughing. Sungwoon only knew Jaehwan, a pure breed demon because of his laugh. He didn't know any other demon beside from Jaehwan. He wasn't closed to demons and he never wanted to. Since he was young, he had those typical images of demons.

Soon, the storm stopped, pulling sighs of relief from them. Minhyun came back with a bright smile plastered on his face. Guanlin flashed his gummy smile at Minhyun and held up his two thumbs up at the angel.

"Did they held a party or what? Jaehwan clearly had a fun time laughing," Minhyun looked at Jisung with a blank look before nodded at him. Minhyun massaged his temple, he thought the end of his guardian angel job, he would stop dealing with Jaehwan but look like not.

"Oh my god, no wonder," Jisung just shook his head softly. Minhyun's expression turned serious.

"Sungwoon hyung, I think you should stop hang out on the ground," Jisung raised an eyebrow at Minhyun, he already told Sungwoon to stop that long time ago. Jisung narrowed his eyes at Sungwoon who was glaring at Minhyun.

"Demons are trying to bring us down, they're serious about it. I told you not to."