Chapter Two

Love Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hi, Irene," Byeol greeted her friend as soon as she spotted her in the cafe. Along with Wendy and Jiwoo, they ought to meet for a weekly exchange of spicy gossip and a bomb of calories in a form of a delicious piece of cake with a ridiculous amount of whipped cream and caramel. "Where are the girls?" She asked when she plopped into her seat with a loud sigh that gave off her fatigue.

"I told them we're meeting at two," Irene announced with a shy smile, looking down at her laps, as if embarrassed that she suspected Sehun of cheating. Their marriage wasn't perfect, yet the slightest hint that he might be unfaithful upset her greatly, and although it wasn't love yet, she really hoped that Byeol didn't catch him with another woman. The disappointment would be definitely too much to handle. "I didn't want to discuss that in front of them," she added vaguely, yet they both knew what she was referring to; Sehun drama was still an unconfirmed matter, and she preferred to keep it private.

For now, at least.

"Yeah, I understand," Byeol replied and looked at her friend, cracking up a smile. "And you shouldn't worry that much about Sehun. Apparently, he spent the weekend with Baekhyun, you know... that annoying er who almost ruined your wedding."

"Baekhyun was there?" Irene asked in surprise, her eyebrows cocked upwards. "I'm sorry, I wouldn't ask you of that if I knew he would be there. How did you survive his presence? I have never met two people who hated each other with so much passion," she continued, genuinely interested in the rest of the story. After the ruckus at their wedding, Baekhyun and Byeol had become sworn enemies. The animosity was so strong that no one would agree to spend an hour with them in one room, even when paid a million dollars in cash.

"It wasn't that bad, actually," Byeol started, and Irene couldn't wait to hear the rest. "I mean, of course, I wanted to scratch his eyes off every time he opened his mouth, but we both acted like civilized people. But back to Sehun, if you really think he cheats on you, he must be really good at it. When he eventually showed up, he didn't even glance at other women. If it wasn't for the evidence that you found in your house, I'd think he's crazy in love with you."

"Was it silly of me to ever suspect him?" Irene inquired, the disappointment in her behavior evident in her tone. Everyone has doubts, Irene should have one in particular given that her marriage wasn't a choice of love. At their wedding, at least in Byeol's eyes, it was obvious that Sehun wasn't crazy about her, although he should be, we're talking about Irene and she's ing gorgeous and unbelievingly kind. One could even mistake her for an angel incarnation. "Maybe he has finally fallen in love with me," Irene added dreamily, and Byeol kindly smiled, not wanting to burst her bubble.

"Maybe," Byeol whispered on an exhaust, staring at the hopeful expression Irene sported.

Perhaps, Sehun could fool Irene, but it would take much more to convince Byeol in his innocent act. Sehun couldn't be the salt of the earth, he was friends with Baekhyun, and that ultimately made him a bad person. Sehun wasn't like Irene's impression of him, she was whipped and her opinion was biased. Byeol, on the other hand, could smell that something was fishy. The evidence didn't lie, and if Sehun's was guiltless, he wouldn't return home reeking of another woman.

"Irene, listen," Byeol cleared , making sure her friend was listening, "it was just one event, we can't draw a conclusion based solely on that. I don't try to turn him against you or anything, but if you really want to be sure that he's not ing other chicks, I suggest we keep watching him," she stated, and Irene blushed at the crude word.

"Yeah, you're right," Irene admitted, and smiled at Byeol, although she was still bitter about the whole mystification. Spying on Sehun didn't sit right with her, yet right now, it was the only action she could take. She couldn't just ask him if he was seeing anyone, even if he did, he must've been really stupid to concede.

"Of course, I'm right," Byeol spoke with a cheerful smile, "and don't worry, everything will be fine."

 

***

 

"What the are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked, as Sehun barged into his office, ignoring the secretary repetitive protests, and plopped down onto the sofa, across from Baekhyun's desk. "I believe you're not appointed," he added, as he finally looked up at his friend.

"I'm your friend, I have a VIP pass here," Sehun snickered, as he sat more comfortably, one leg over another, his arms lying on the backrest.

"If you came here to me for a friendly advice, I'll gladly give you one, but if you just want me to cover your cheating , you better get in a line," Baekhyun deadpanned with an artificial smile upon his face. Even before he took Sehun's case, he didn't have any time to rest. Daily, Baekhyun ran from one client to another, yet Sehun didn't understand that. Whatever Sehun wanted, he got it, and right now, when Baekhyun wasn't easily complying with his wishes, he was growing more and more irritated.

"Come on, Baek, I'm paying you triple," Sehun reminded, and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Yes, the pay was quite handsome, yet Baekhyun regretted his decision. The meeting with Hanbyeol cost him a lot of effort which was so ridiculously high one just couldn't measure it with money. "You can do me a little favor."

Baekhyun wanted to say no. Helping strangers get away with cheating was one thing, but helping Sehun to cheat on Irene was just wrong. They had invited him to their wedding for 's sake! Sehun didn't love her, but Baekhyun couldn't say the same about Irene; he had seen the way she looked at him during the ceremony, she wasn't indifferent about him. Normally, he didn't get to know the person his clients cheated on. He knew Irene, and actively helping Sehun to hurt her, didn't sit right with him. Irene didn't deserve such a treatment.

"Okay, what is it?" Baekhyun asked, as he rubbed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to focus on whatever Sehun was going to announce.

"I told Irene I meet with potential investors on the weekend; a brunch, a round of golf, a small trip to a winery, you know... the usual." Sehun started, and Baekhyun nodded his head, collecting the information in his head. "Anyway, I think I'll have signed all the contracts by Friday, and the rest of the weekend, I'll stay in a fancy hotel with my lady."

"Ugh, fine." Baekhyun agreed unwillingly, swallowing hard. "When you'll finalise the contracts, we'll switch places, and then, I'll be pretending to be you, and you won't have to worry about your time alone with whoever you're ing."

"Sounds splendid," Sehun remarked, smirking at his friend, "why haven't I asked for your assistance sooner? My life would be way easier."

"Don't push it," Baekhyun warned, but Sehun ignored him, shrugging. It was no big deal; his marriage with Irene lacked love and Sehun intended on keeping it that way; she might be gorgeous but he didn't feel the tiniest bit attracted to her. If anything, he saw her as a sister, or maybe even a sister's friend. "And don't forget that I'm still waiting for that remittance. You may barge in here reminding me that you're paying the triple, but I didn't see a single penny yet."

"Geez, I'll text my secretary to transfer it to you." Sehun replied with a roll of his eyes, "they will be on your account first thing in the morning."

"They better be," Baekhyun added, yet Sehun couldn't hear him, as he already closed the doors behind him. His lady was waiting for him in his expensive car, and he would not spend another minute on bickering with Baekhyun when he could have her blowing him.

 

***

 

It was a tough week for Byeol. Normally, she was busy, working her off from the moment she got up until when she eventually fell asleep in front of her computer. Not only a lot of clients requested for her assistance, but also she had to take care of the formalities for the accountant. The worst part so far, though had to be a phone call from her brother who she didn't have a particular good contact with.

Irene just couldn't have a better timing—giving Byeol an invitation to an exquisite hotel for the weekend. Sehun was about to go there with his investors, and it was the only logical option that Byeol had to tag along as well.

The resort was breathtakingly beautiful, and she was going to appreciate the luxury probably the most among the other visitors when all the cost was covered by Irene. Byeol would never be able to pay for it with her money, or at least not until her business becomes more profitable. Hopefully, it'd happen soon, she was sick and tired of money problems, and exhausted from all the effort she was putting every day.

Heaving a sigh, Byeol entered the hotel, her small purple suitcase rolling behind her. Today, she had a rough schedule, but hopefully, she would get some rest in the evening. With her accumulated stress, she'd kill for a glass of Mojito and a Thai massage.

"I hope you have a pleasant stay," the receptionist spoke with a trained smile, as he gave her the keys.

"Thank you."

 

***

 

According to Irene, Sehun was going to meet with the investors for the wine tasting in the winery nearby. Unfortunately, when Byeol got there, Sehun was nowhere to be found. His friend was there, though. The one and only Byeol hated with pure passion.

Baekhyun.

"What a small world!" He spoke with a mischievous smirk upon his face as he approached her. "What are you doing here, Park?"

"I was meaning to ask you the same question, Byun." She replied, and Baekhyun raised his eyebrow.

"Sehun invited me, actually." He started, observing her features, trying to detect the slightest change in her expression. Slowly, Baekhyun was becoming suspicious toward Byeol. He hadn't seen her since the wedding, but once he began working for Sehun, he bumped into her twice in a span of a week. It was far too coincidental for his liking, she was definitely up to something. "He has a meeting with investors and he was hoping for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter