Forever

Forever

A/N: Enjoy the fluff! <3

-University AU-

“Where is Yebin?” asked Minkyung as she saw the 98 liner walking towards her, Nayoung and Kyungwon. It is currently their lunch time but looking at how her dongsaeng bestfriend isn’t there with her clique made her worry.

“I think Yebinnie is sick. She didn’t attend any lecture or tutorial classes for today. She didn’t even text us. That’s weird. Usually Yebin would tell us if she isn’t coming to school,” Kyulkung replied the older girl.

“Maybe she went out with someone huhuhu,” said Kyungwon as she laughed like a grandmother. Her blonde hair didn’t help her much. Perks of being one of Minkyung’s bestfriend is that you get to whenever it comes to a little girl called Kang Yebin. Since Minkyung had always about everything from her hair color, to her hair length to her entire being, she found it really fun to trigger the slightly older girl.

Minkyung was definitely affected by what Kyungwon said. She felt her heart sank, her whole emotion went down and jealously was rising. She couldn’t bear to think of Yebin with any other girl or guy. She wants to be the only person who holds the younger hands, holds the younger in her arms and kisses the younger lovely. Yes, she is in love with Kang Yebin but she doesn’t have the courage to confess. Yebin is just out of her league. The girl is so beautiful, so talented and so smart. She just felt that she couldn’t match up with the brunette. Minkyung sighed internally. It wouldn’t be surprising if Yebin just tells everyone that she is dating. Nayoung, being the oldest of the gang could tell that one of her best friends is troubled. She definitely knows that Minkyung likes Yebin. It is an open secret. It is just surprising that Yebin couldn’t tell or maybe she is just feigning ignorance. Nayoung just placed her hand on Minkyung’s shoulder and the other hand was on Kyulkyung’s hand, signalling her to change the subject.

“Since we are all here let’s get food. I am sooooo hungry. Narong ah, let’s go,” the younger definitely took the hint and dragged Nayoung to the Japanese food stall. Looking at how Nayoung and Kyulkyung hurriedly went to get food, Kyungwon hurried along, followed by Eunwoo. As usual, those shikshins. Minkyung decided to text the younger before getting food.

To: Yebinne <3

Yebin ah, are you alright? I didn’t see you today :(

--

It has been more than 4 hours since she last texted Yebin and the latter hasn’t replied. The younger usually reply her instantly but all this waiting is just killing her. She wanted to call the younger but she felt that she would disturb her and decided to just go through the day without hearing from the younger.

--

Minkyung was about to go to bed but soon heard a beep from her phone and looked at it immediately. She was rather disheartened as it wasn’t Yebin but her group chat with Nayoung, Kyungwon, Kyulkyung, Eunwoo and the brunette. Kyulkyung had sent a text asking if anyone wants to have breakfast together before class tomorrow.

Minkyung just replied, “T^T No mood for food or drinks”

Soon the group chat became rather lively.

Kyungwon: Ayyyy why is that so Minkyungie? Is someone lovesick? *smirks*

Kyungwon was definitely teasing her 97 liner best friend.

Nayoung: I will be there princess <3

Kyulkyung: I know you will be there <3 I love you <3 <3 <3

Eunwoo: Yah stop with all the flirting. I know that you two are the only couple but please don’t rub off your love for each other in this group!

Minkyung: Yah, what lovesick. I just want my sleep. My class starts in the afternoon :P Btw Kang Kyungwon, we are in the same class! 

She then heard another beep and it is from someone she had been missing all afternoon.

From: Yebinnie <3

Hi unnie! I am not feeling well :( I miss you too >< I will definitely go back to school on Friday! Seeya then! <3

To: Yebinnie <3

Alight! Rest well little girl :) See you soon!

From: Yebinnie <3

<3

Minkyung was definitely squealing like a lovesick idiot at the most recent reply. Knowing that the girl is alright, she decided to go to sleep but as soon as she is about to switch off her phone, she saw that Yebin was replying to the messages in the group chat.

Yebin: HAHAHAHA WHAT DID I MISS?!?! I AM SICK GUYZ, WHY DIDN’T YOU ALL TEXT ME except for Minkyungie unnie <3

Yebin: HAHAHAHHAA WHAT LOVESICK THING DID I MISS? Oooooo Minkyung unnie is lovesick?

Kyungwon: Yea, lovesick for you. She has been waiting for your response

Minkyung wanted to kill her best friend. She quickly went to type a response.

Minkyung: Finally my favourite dongsaeng has replied <3

Yebin: <3

Minkyung went to sleep with her huge smile on her face.

--

It had been 3 days but she didn’t see the younger in school. She was starting to get worried for the girl. She knew that the younger recently moved out of her old home to live alone. She should have known that the girl wasn’t used to living alone. She should have insisted to stay with the younger girl and not succumb to the girl’s pout when she said she wanted to experience living on her own. Thank God the girl always make an effort to reply to messages at an ungodly hour of 12am. She remembered a message that she had received from the younger.

From: Yebinnie <3

Unnie >< I don’t think I can go to school tomorrow. I am still feeling sick >< I will go to school next Monday!

“Yea, alone my foot and you aren’t recovering well.” Minkyung thought to herself.

She was pacing up and down in her room and there is one hour left till school. “Should I skip classes?”, “Do I have an important lecture or tutorial?”, “Is Yebin alright?” These thoughts came into her mind instantly, one after another, and once she thinks of Yebin lying on her bed weakly, she was definitely losing it and forgot about any classes because she will visit the girl instead.

On the way to Yebin’s apartment, she has decided to stop by some shops to get something to cheer the girl up. A bag of mangoes. She will definitely like it. Soon, her legs brought her to a studio apartment and outsie of the other girl's apartment door. She pressed on the door bell and waited for a while. After five minutes, she saw the door slowly opening and was not expecting a very weak Yebin holding onto the door for support.

“Yah, why do you look so weak?” asked the red head as she went to hold onto the young girl in her arms. The girl was sweating profusely, face was rather flushed from the fever and was coughing badly.

“Hi unnie,” the brunette tried to greet cheerfully but she came off as weak due to her flu.

“Come on, let me bring you to your bed,” the older was practically holding onto the younger in her arms. She had difficulties carrying the younger but tried to anyways. She made a mental note to herself to hit the gym soon to lift some weights. She was also pondering hard on how the younger girl managed to carry her on her back and bridal style previously. The younger wrapped her arms around the older’s waist and snuggled into the crook of the older’s neck. The younger found comfort in the older’s rose scent. Minkyung went into the younger’s room and placed her comfortably on the bed. Looking at how the younger was hugging the bolster, trying to rest though the feeling of being sick is so hard to endure, she just on the younger’s head tenderly. Her eyes then flickered to the side table beside the bed. She couldn’t believe how the lived for the past 3 days, no wonder she is still sick. On the table were half loaf of raisin bread, a huge jug of water, an empty cup, a box of paracetamol, decongestion and cough syrup.

“Pabo, you could have seen a doctor or something,” the older knocked on the girl’s head softly and sighed. The older went to search for a thermometer in the room, a towel and a basin. She first checked the younger’s temperature. 37.8˚C. Since the girl is still feverish, she went to fill the basin with cold water and soaked the towel before placing on the younger’s head, hoping that the cold compress would work. Looking at how the younger was sleeping, she decided to cook a pot of porridge filled with love and concern so that the younger can eat after she wakes up.

Since boiling the rice requires some time, she went to prepare some other side dishes based on the ingredients she could find from the younger’s fridge. The younger’s fridge isn’t well stocked but at least it could whip up a decent meal. While she was preparing the meal, she felt arms creeping around her waist, a weight on her shoulder and back. From the way the younger wrapped her arms around her waist and how the younger snuggled into the crook of her neck, she knew that it is Kang Yebin even though there is no one else other than them in this apartment.

“Unnie,” the brunette purred. was dangerously close to the older's right ear and that caused the red head to shudder. This is what Kang Yebin can do to Kim Minkyung.

“Hey, feeling better?” asked the older girl as she relaxed into the younger's embrace.

“Definitely. At least I don’t feel as feverish as before and I don’t feel so weak.” the younger snuggled even closer to the other girl.

“Let’s see the doctor after you have your meal ok?” she could feel Yebin’s nods on her shoulder. The older smiled and quickly cook the food since the younger is awake.

“Ahhhh,” the oh so charismatic Yebin was asking Minkyung to feed her in a cute way.

“Are you a princess or something?” Yebin nodded vigorously and opened widely, waiting for food to enter . Looking at how cute the girl is, she couldn’t resist the temptation to accede to her request and the spoon ended up moving dangerously close to the younger’s move. Yebin saw how she had an effect on Kim Minkyung made her smirked and took a big bite off the spoon. (A/N: Yo guys, I didn’t type Minkyung’s surname wrongly for the first time XD YAY!) Yebin was enjoying the meal since all she had for the past 3 days was raisin bread and water. Now, she is having chicken porridge, steamed eggs and non-spicy kimchi.

After Minkyung was done feeding the younger, she went to cut some mangoes for the younger since something sweet would definitely help to lift the younger’s spirits. The meal that she wiped up has to be healthy, nutritious and less strongly flavoured so to make up for it, the natural sweetness of Yebin's favourite fruit will definitely make the girl happy. Since the girl is done eating, Minkyung went to check on the younger’s temperature so that she can report it to the doctor if necessary. The younger even regained her strength so it is easer for them to travel to the nearest clinic. The older heaved a sigh of relief as she didn’t have to carry the younger. During consultation, the doctor diagnosed Yebin with common flu with throat infection since the younger’s fever is not that feverish, had runny nose and sore throat. The older was relieved since the doctor said that 3 days will be enough to recover and she would get to see Yebin in school.

Once they were back home, Minkyung was getting the stubborn girl to eat her medicine. She knew that the girl is like a kid but oh boy, she didn't know that it wouldn’t be to this extent. She just had to cajole the brunette into eating the bitter pills. After what took like ages, the younger didn’t want to go back to sleep so she sat on the couch, tapping the empty space beside her, signalling Minkyung to sit beside her. As usual, that action was like black magic and she could feel her legs had their own will and walked towards the younger. Once the red-haired sat comfortably, the brunette laid on the older’s lap and played with Minkyung’s long and slender digits.

“Unnie, will you take care of me forever?” asked Yebin. She sounded serious and her sharp and piercing eye were staring at the older's eyes intently. Minkyung's breathing hitched and she quickly calmed down.

“Of course, looking at how you could neglect yourself…” as Minkyung was rambling on of why she will take care of the younger, she felt her head being pulled downwards and Yebin placed a chaste kiss on her lips and continued to cut the older, “you will be taking care of me forever as a girlfriend and future wife.” Yes, it is a statement and Minkyung will definitely abide to it forever.