Chapter One - Curiosity is a

Dont you dare to dare me that!

Jonghyun sighed, no schedule for him today.

Key and Taemin were filming a commercial and Minho went out to exercise himself so he sighed once more and his eyes returned to his laptop where a movie was currently playing.

“Jonghyun, I need to talk to you.”

The singer lift his head to find Onew by the door with a strange look on his face. He smiled and returned his attention to the laptop. “Whatever it was, it wasn’t me; I didn’t left this room today.”

Onew approached his friend, sitting on his bed. “Actually, it was you.”

Jonghyun gasped. “It was Taemin! I saw him hold the plastic box yesterday in the middle of the night! I was getting water and saw him in the fridge!”

The older boy blinked in confusion. “What are you talking about..?”

“The fried chicken you saved for today.” Jonghyun said it in a ‘well duh’ voice.

Onew’s eyes widened and he got up, running out of the room.
Jonghyun let out a loud chuckle when he heard a scream from the kitchen followed by a ‘You’re so dead Taemin!’. The leader returned after a minute, holding a deep frown on his face.

“Then…you didn’t know…” Jonghyun laughed, half-looking at the movie, half-looking at his friend.

The leader just sat down in silence and stared at Jonghyun who stared back in confusion.

“The thing I was talking about didn’t involve chicken, now I’m even more troubled.”

“You are troubled? Why?” The lead singer asked in curiosity.

“It’s a serious conversation.”

“Oh god, you sound like my mother.” Jonghyun shivered. “What is it hyung?”

“It’s about what happened a few days ago in Thailand.” Onew declared. “I didn’t saw it right away but then I saw it all over the internet.”

Jonghyun nodded, not really paying attention. The girl in the movie had just been kidnapped by a strange looking guy. She looked really scared, poor girl! Oh! The kidnaper was actually her stepfather!!! Bastard!

“-ey! Are you listening to me?!” Onew shouted, making the younger jump in surprise.

“Ah…yes yes! It was awesome! Loved it!” Jonghyun simply said, his eyes on the screen.

Then there was a long pause, silence filling the air until, “What…? You…you loved it..?”

Jonghyun sighed and decided to listen to the leader for real, he wasn’t going to leave anytime soon, he could bet. “I wasn’t really listening, sorry.”

For some reason Onew let out a relieved sigh. “It’s about that pocky kiss you had with Key. It’s all over the internet.”

Jonghyun blinked. “Oh. It was fan service hyung.”

Onew nodded but kept a suspicious stare at the younger, making the other uncomfortable. “What?”

“You…you really looked like you wanted it you know. You had a weird shine on your eyes.”  Onew said in a low voice, embarrassed.

Jonghyun blushed and looked at his friend in surprise. “Shine? It was probably the lights..!”

Onew chuckled nervously and then rubbed his neck. “Do you want to talk about something Jonghyun? You can really tell me anything at all you know?”

Jonghyun stared at his laptop, burring holes into it. Ooohhh such a pretty silver laptop he had!

“Jonghyun.”

The younger shivered at the leader’s serious voice. This couldn’t be good. “It’s nothing serious! It was a conversation I had with Heechul and-“

“Whoa, whoa! Heechul? The Heechul from Super Junior? I told you he’s a bad influence!” Onew said only half-joking.

“It was last week’s party, I was going to grab a drink and heard Key’s name in a conversation…” Jonghyun started to explain.


Flashback



Jonghyun was currently chatting with Minho, Yuri and Jessica from the Girls Generation when his glass went empty. He pouted and excused himself, leaving Minho to the girls. He spotted Onew laughing with Siwon, Lee Hongki, his manager and Sunny in a corner and Taemin not too far, sitting there with a shy smile, surrounded by members of various girl bands who kept squealing around him and ruffling his hair.

He smiled and made his way to the bar with difficulty. There were a lot of bands in the party that night; the place was pretty full by now.
He greeted the barman and asked to fill his drink once more.

“-you noticed? Yes, that Key! Ohoh!”

Jonghyun’s ears perked a bit to catch Key’s name from the group of people at his left and glanced over his shoulder.
Leeteuk, Kim Heechul and Kevin Woo were chatting next to him, glancing at the crowd and pointing.
Curious, Jonghyun took his drink and smiled at the group. Heechul grinned and pulled Jonghyun by the shoulders right away, almost making him spill his drink.

“Ah! I didn’t saw you there! Kim Jonghyun, our shining star! How are you man?” The older boy smiled brightly.

Jonghyun chuckled. “I’m great, thanks. Um…were you talking about Key just now?”

The others looked at him in surprise and Heechul nodded, punching the other playfully on the chest. “Yes! We were talking about his looks actually.”

Jonghyun glared, ready to defend Key from any funny statement.

Leeteuk laughed. “Oh, look at him, all serious just now!”

Heechul nodded and chuckled. “Don’t worry, we weren’t making fun of him, it’s the opposite actually. He looks pretty tonight.”

Jonghyun relaxed and nodded, Key did look pretty that night.

“I was observing that he has really nice lips. Really kissable.” Heechul grinned and laughed at Jonghyun’s shocked reaction.

It was no surprise to anyone that Heechul liked to kiss a lot. Hell, he had kissed almost everyone from his band, if not everyone already, he did not know. It was obvious that the man didn’t had a problem with the same , and… he was targeting Key now?
Confused and slightly annoyed, Jonghyun stayed quiet, letting the older man speak. Heechul had an arm around his shoulders and pulled him away from his friends, finding another place to chat and with a better view to Key, he noted.
Key was laughing with Mir, Seunghyun and Dongho, the four friends looked very cozy, probably joking between each other.

“You’re his bestfriend aren’t you? So say…is Key dating?”

Jonghyun let his mouth drop in shock. This guy was really shameless! “Hum…no, I don’t think so! He would have told me if he was.”

“Ah, good. He’s really cute, I’ve been watching him for a while now, he has a unique personality, doesn’t he?” Heechul grinned, taking a sip from his own drink and relaxing his back against the wall.

Jonghyun smiled. “Yes, Key may look y but he’s a really great person, we never get bored around him.”

Heechul his lips and nodded. “I see. He’s a really interesting boy. Has a nice body too, slender and petite, I like it. And look at those hips…that’s not normal in a guy. ”

Jonghyun felt his cheeks get warm. Something about this conversation wasn’t feeling right. He watched as Mir hugged Key and pulled him to dance a quick song, making the others laugh and join right away. They had that habit, dance competitions between friends were always fun.
Jonghyun found himself looking at Key’s body, yes, he was pretty slim and he…really had nice hips. It wasn’t the first time he heard someone say that Key’s hips were y like a girl’s, even the radio MC stated that once.

“But what I like the most…are his lips. So pouty don’t you think? Heart-shaped lips are so cute and kissable. I have been thinking…can you give me his number?” Heechul grinned, looking at the younger boy in expectation.

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and made a disgusted face. This guy…! He was way too shameless! No way he was going to give Key’s number to this ert! “I need to go now…”

“Eeehh?” Heechul complained as the Shinee member disappeared in the crowd.

Jonghyun was furious. He never thought Heechul could be so…like that. Yes, Key was attractive but…how could he just say all those things like that?!

“Jjong! Where were you?!” A familiar voice came from his right and a warm hand wrapped around his. “Why are you alone? Come with me!”

Jonghyun said nothing and let Key guide him in his friend’s direction. Minho had moved to Onew’s side and Taemin…poor boy was being into the girl’s s as they hugged him close, calling him cute.
He watched in amusement as Key’s mood changed drastically. The diva ran to their maknae and easily made his way through the girls and pulled the boy into his arms protectively. Taemin looked pretty grateful and followed Key right away, making the girls whine.

“When did you got so popular with the ladies?” Jonghyun laughed at the younger who was blushing. “I’m really teaching you well!”

“Poor baby! Did they hurt you? God, so annoying! You could have called me if you were in trouble Taeminie!” Key went to adjust the maknae’s clothing and hair, making sure he still looked perfect.

“I’m sorry. They were so many, I got kinda scared.” The younger admitted in a low voice.

“Well, we’re here now, don’t walk too far away from us.” Key made a serious face. Jonghyun smiled, Key was really a mom, he got pretty adorable when he got all worried.

“Umma, I’m hungry!” Taemin complained.

Key nodded. “We’ll get you something, are you coming Jonghyun?”

The lead singer looked at Key and his eyes dropped at the other’s lips. Heechul was kinda right; they were really pouty and cute.


Flashback Ending



Onew was lied down in the bed by now, listening to the story, arms crossed and chin on top of them.

“The pocky incident turned out to be Heechul’s fault. I started to notice all those things after what he said.” The singer confessed in a low embarrassed voice.

“So…you’re attracted to Key?” Onew simply asked in a bored voice. “I have to say that it’s not even a surprise.”

“I -what?! Wait no! Don’t get me wrong! It’s just…I grew curious.” Jonghyun gagged, his voice cracking in a nervous way and his cheeks getting a new color.

“Curious?”

“It’s been messing with my head till now! It’s not that I like Key, but his lips are really adorable…” The lead singer groaned stressfully.

“So…you want to kiss him.” Onew stated once more.

Jonghyun’s face exploded to this, his face reddening to the fullest. “Ye-I mean! NO! No, no, no! I’ll never do it! He’s my bestfriend! I’m not supposed to do that!”

Onew’s lips curved in a sly smirk. “But you want to.”

“Oh god…I can’t deal with this right now.” Jonghyun covered his face with his hands in shame.

“Curiosity is normal, don’t worry so much.” Onew got up and ruffled his friend’s hair, smiling. “You’re a normal healthy boy after all.”

The leader left the room and Jonghyun pouted. “Normal he says…”

 

---------------------------------------------------

This is it.

Please tell me what you think ^^