The Story Begins

Mismatched Compatibility
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This can't be happening!"

The girl suddenly jolted up from her bed. She grabs her phone to check again the screen, praying that it’s all just a dream. A very, very bad dream. But much to her dismay it's real. She's late. Well almost. Its thirty minutes before eight o'clock in the morning. Eyes widen even more. She quickly jumped out of her bed almost falling in the process and run towards the bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth. Once she's done, she looked at her own reflection on the mirror. She began to panic. Her hair was sticking out everywhere, dark circle visible under her eyes which would take a lot of time to hide. "Ugh! No time for everything! Why does it have to happen today? Of all day! " She cried out while getting ready.

It's not like she's really late. It only takes her about twenty minutes to walk to school from her home. But getting ready before going to school is the problem.

On a usual day it takes her about an hour to get ready making sure everything is perfect but on the most important day she has been preparing for, her body decided to betray her. The night before, she couldn't get any sleep, she kept on shifting from left and right on her bed. Eyes kept on opening and closing. She’s too excited. She’s been waiting for this day. She wants to make everything extra more special. Not only because it's the start of her sophomore year, no it's more special than that. Or safe to say because of someone special.

After getting dressed, she took her bag and went straight to the mirror to take another look. She fixed her tie and collar. Then dusted of her blazer. She took a long-disappointed sigh because of her hair. Usually when its tamed, she just lets her long brown hair down with its naturally wavy curl and sometimes putting some cute hairpins. But today she decided to do it in a ponytail. "Can't be helped." She took another sigh.

As she opens the door of her room her parents greeted her with a surprised look on their faces. “Well, this is unexpected especially on the first day of the school year. You’re usually up before us.” Her dad said as he turned a page on the newspaper. “I couldn’t sleep a wink last night.” The girl said as she rushed to the dining table.

“You should take it easy sweety and just enjoy your high school.” Her mom said with a worried look. “Here, have some breakfast.” Her mom continued as she placed the plate on the table.

"Can't, gonna be late." She grabbed a toast before kissing her mom and dad goodbye. "Nayeon, seriously?" her mom was about to scold her but she quickly run towards the living room. She then shouted as she opens the door. "Gotta go! See guys late-"

Bam!

A loud thud was heard from the outside. "Ouch!" followed by a voice clearly was in pain from the fall. Nayeon panicked and quickly went out to give a hand to the person who fell on the floor. 

"Oh my God! I'm so sor-.." worry change to annoyance into Nayeon's face. "Oh, it's just you." She didn't hide the dissapoin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter