Just A Day Off of Showki

Just A Day Off of Showki

This morning too, the first voice Hyunwoo heard was that trying-to-be-patient-but-still-sounded-annoyed voice of Kihyun saying that one name, Chae Hyungwon, and that one verb, wake up. Kihyun sounded a little bit hoarse and raspy this morning and he heard coughs between the words. 

This morning too, despite which name was being called by Yoo Kihyun, Hyunwoo opened his eyes first in that room. And this morning too, the first thing he saw once he turned his head to his left was Kihyun’s short and the bottom half of his shirt while he was trying to wake Hyungwon up who was sleeping on the upper bunk of his. 

“Chae Hyungwon, you got some modelling today. Hurry, wake up, wake up,” Kihyun said as Hyunwoo sat himself up. “Hyungwon-ah, wake up, Hyungwon-ah,” Kihyun said again as he sprayed that mist onn top of Hyungwon’s face. “Chae Hyungwon, get up, please, Hongshik Hyung will be here soon,” Kihyun said as he smacked Hyungwon with a neck pillow nearby. “I am going ok, you have to wake up. I’m going,”.

This morning too, Kihyun ended up sighing before he left the scene and Hyunwoo stretched his arms up before he got off from his bunk and walked to wash. 

It was a day off and they really didn’t have any schedules or practice today. Hongshik said the company gave them a day rest after the tour before they attend some music award and concert abroad again. But it was already a habit, Hyunwoo washed fast and quick. He preferred it this way.

This morning too, Hyunwoo came out of the bathroom welcomed by Changkyun’s fingers that pointed to Hyungwon while Kihyun was again, coming inside his shared bedroom.

“He doesn’t wake up, hyung,” Changkyun said as he wathed from the doorway.

“Chae Hyungwon, seriously,” Kihyun sighed as he looked for anything he could use to wake the handsome frog up. “Ah, you washed?” Kihyun asked as he met Hyunwoo’s eyes. 

“Eung,” Hyunwoo said as he walked to his bunk while trying to dry his hair with a small towel, topless as always. 

Kihyun hummed and he looked back at Hyungwon, ”Yah, yah, yah, yah, yah,” Kihyun said in an no longer  restrained annoyance, holding his own neck gently. “Wake up!” he said while shut tightly jaw as he smacked Hyungwon’s back. “Wake up!’ he repeated.

“Ah!” Hyungwon grunted as he turned his head in annoyance to Kihyun and glared at him.

“Wake up!” Kihyun glared back and barked as he put his hands on his waist. “Hurry, wake up, damn it, Chae Hyungwon!”. 

Hyunwoo was watching the tiny guy continued to spat fire, unbothered by the tall man’s sharp glare. 

“Alright, alright,” Hyungwon said but Kihyun didn’t move away. “I said, alright, you can go,”.

“Then come down here,” Kihyun said. 

Hyungwon sighed as he got off from his bunk.

Kihyun sighed as he watched Hyungwon got his towel and finally walked to the bathroom. Then he walked out of the room. This time, Hyunwoo followed him to the kitchen.

“Yah, yah, yah, get this out of my sight,” Kihyun barked again as he saw Minhyuk’s glass of apple juice on the clean dining table just before Minhyuk got away from the kitchen. “Wash it, wash it yourself. I just washed a lot bunch of dishes this morning. Don’t you dare make one,” Kihyun glared again befor he got back to make the kimbab for today’s breakfast. 

“Alright, alright, Kihyun-ah, I’m sorry” Minhyuk said as he washed his own dish. 

“Hyung, I’m going,” Changkyun said as he stood on the kitchen’s door way. 

“Have you eaten?” Kihyun asked and Changkyun shook his head. “I can buy something later with Jooheon hyung,” Changkyun said.

“No, wait, wait,” Kihyun said as he packed some kimbab on the lunch boxes and gave it to Changkyun. He even fed him one to Changkyun. “Eat this together. Tell Jooheon don’t skip lunch. You too,” Kihyun said and he coughed and sniffled. 

“You caught cold again?” Changkyun asked. 

“Yea, yea, I’m fine,” Kihyun said as he patted Changkyun’s back. “How can you guys work at days off like this..” Kihyun mumbled to himself before he sighed.

“No, thank you, Hyung, I’m going,” Changkyun said as he patted Kihyun’s back and then Hyunwoo’s shoulder as he walked pass by him. 

“Yes, be careful on your way!” Kihyun said as he tried to see the last glimpse of Changkyun before he walked out that door. 

“Yes, hyung!” Changkyun asked from the outside after he closed the door. 

Hyunwoo sat on one of the dining chair, watching Kihyun bussily making another rolls of kimbab. This time he put in some fried shrimps. Kihyun will covered his mouth with his upper arms before he coughed and sniffles. The he continued. 

“Kihyun-ah,” Wonho came with two pieces of black ripped jeans. 

“Yeah?” Kihyun turned around.

“Choose one,” Wonho said. 

“Umm…” Kihyun hummed as he observed the jeans.

“They are the same. Just wear one of them,” Hyunwoo chuckled in disbelief. 

“No, Hyunwoo-ah, this one, it has this big rip on the thighs andthis one, it focuses on the rips on the knees,” Wonho said.

“This one,” Kihyun said as he pointed the one with rips on the knees. “You can’t get cold,” he said as he continued making some kimbab.

“Ok!” WOnho said. “Hyunwoo?” Wonho asked.

“Me too,” Hyunwoo said, didn’t even know which one Kihyun just picked. 

“Ok, it’s this one then,” Wonho said as he walked back to the room. 

“Is everyone going out?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Yes, Wonho want to shop some new earphones and Minhyuk will be having some date with his mom, as always,” he said.

“And you?” Hyunwoo asked.

“No, I’m…” Kihyun said as he gave Hyunwoo a glance. “I’m staying. Gotta tidy up some things here,”. “Got laundry to do too,”.

Hyunwoo hummed as Kihyun focused back at rolling the kimbab roll.

“Have you washed?” Hyunwoo asked.

“Not yet, hyung,” Kihyun said as he put a roll of kimbab into his mouth. “After this, after this,” Kihyun said as he held up another piece of kimbab. “Come here, Hyung, try this,” Kihyun said.

Hyunwoo obliged as he walked closer to kihyun and stood next to him. 

“You should put on some t-shirt,” Kihyun said as he fed Hyunwoo the kimbab. “Good?” Kihyun asked as he watched Hyunwoo chewing on that big piece of kimbab. 

Hyunwoo smiled as he nodded. 

“Ah, I’m hungry,” Hyunwoo said as Kihyun stared at Hyunwoo’s chest and hit it with his fists a few times and laughed. “Can I have another one?.

“Sure, sure, I’ll make more,” Kihyun said as he tried to knead Hyunwoo’s arms playfully before he fed Hyunwoo another piece of kimbab. 

“You’re such a good cook,” Hyunwoo said as he watched Kihyun focused back at making the kimbab. 

“So you will still choose to save me from drowning instead of Minhyuk or Hyungwon because I’m a better cook than them, right?” Kihyun asked with a cocky smile on his face.

Hyunwoo chuckled. 

“Of course, of course” he said. “Then, will you still choose Hyungwon to date if you were a girl?”.

“Yes?” Kihyun chuckled in amusement. 

“You said you will choose Hyungwon to date if you were a girl,” Hyunwoo said with a smiley face.

“No, no, I’ll choose you now, since you don’t have problem waking up early. And even chosose me over Minhyuk or Hyungwon,” Kihyun said, laughing while cutting the kimbab rolls carefully. 

“That’s right, you should choose me of course,” Hyunwoo nodded with a satisfied face, and Kihyun had to stop cutting the kimbab. He just had to laugh that soundless laugh because Hyunwoo was being a goofy again and this whole conversation was a just a bundle of funny bull. 

Hyunwoo watched Kihyun finished making the kimbab and started to tidy up the things in front of him. He held Kihyun’s bare arm and kneaded it.

“You’re too thin after the tour. Always, always,” Hyunwoo said. 

“I’ll eat more, don’t worry,” Kihyun said as he shifted to wash some dishes from the kimbab making. 

This time, Hyunwoo stood behind Kihyun and started gave him some massages that got Kihyun screamed while laughing a few times in a row. 

“Thanks, but I’m washi— ah! I’m washing dishes, hyu— hyung!” Kihyun laughed as he lifted his shoulder where those strong hands felt like they were trying to crush his body. 

“You felt soft but you got it stiff here,” Hyunwoo chuckled as he continued to massage Kihyun’s shoulders. 

It was all before Kihyun found someone was standing beside them.

“Oh! Ypu surprised me!” Kihyun flinched as he saw Minhyuk stood next to them.

“Guys, I tried to call you guys, I’m sorry for surprising you,” Minhyuk laughed as he watched Kihyun got his eyes and mouth wide open because of the surprise. “You guys really look like a newlywed,” Minhyuk shook his head in amusement. 

“You’ll go now?” Kihyun asked.

“Yeah,” Minhyuk said. 

“This, have this first,” Kihyun said as he tried to feed Minhyuk woth two pieces of kimbab. 

“Me too, me too,” Wonho said as he appeared out of nowhere.

“You’ll go now too, hyung?” Kihyun asked as he fed Wonho another two piece of kimbab.

“Yes, yes,” Wonho said. 

“Alright, thank you, we’re going,”  Minhyuk said as he clung to Wonho’s arms and both of them walked out of the house while waving their hands to them.

“Yea, be careful,” Hyunwoo said as he waved back at them.

“Hongshik hyung is here~!”.

They heard Minhyuk’s voice from outside the house.

“Alright, alright,” Kihyun said as he started to pack the kimbab to another lunch box. 

“Hyung, I’m going!” Hyungwon appeared like a prince in long coat on the doorway of the kitchen with Hongshik.

“Eat this on your way there,” Kihyun gave Hyungwon the lunch box.

“What is this?” Hyunwon asked.

“Shrimps,” Kihyun said so there will be no arguments.

“Alright, thank you, I’m going~!” Hyungwon said. 

“Byee” Hongshik said.

“Yes, Hyung, please be careful~!!”Kihyun said while Hyunwoo bowed a little. 

Kihyun sighed before he continued to wash dishes while Hyunwoo watched him. 

“Kihyun-ah, I’ll be in the living room,” Hyunwoo said. 

“Here, bring this with you. You can finish it,” Kihyun said as he pointed the plates with the kimbab with his chin. 

“Alright,” Hyunwoo said as he brought it with him. “Ah, Kihyun-ah, can you please make me a coffee?”.

“Ok, hyung,” Kihyun said. 

Hyunwoo walked to the living room and put the plate on the table in front of him. He flopped down on the couch, all topless and comfortable, the TV and watched some re-run of concerts held by some TV station. 

Some minutes later, he could smell the coffee from the kitchen. And he found Kihyun walking out of the kitchen while bringing a cup of coffee. 

“Thank you,” Hyunwoo said as Kihyun put the cup on the table and then he took two slices of Kimbab and putted them inside his mouth. “You should wash first,” Hyunwoo said. 

Kihyun nodded with full mouth and he walked to the bathroom. 

Hyunwoo could hear coughs from inside the bathroom and he finished the kimbab by himself. Hyunwoo then walkedto the kitchen, and tried to make two portions of fried rice and another cup of coffee. He also made Kihyun a glass of honey water. 

Hyunwoo could hear the bathroom door opened and he could see Kihyun with oversized white t-shirt on his body and a little towel on his head. His hair was wet and the oversized t-shirt was hanging until the half of his thighs. Everyone has their own style of being comfortable in the house. Hyunwoo like to be topless while Kihyun often got out of the bathroom all fresh with only an over-sized t-shirt on his small frame.

“Hyung, are you cooking?” Kihyun asked.

“Yea, yea, you wait there,” Hyunwoo said from the kitchen. 

“These socks are everywhere. Why can’t they keep everything tidy, damn it, I am giving up a little by little,” Hyunwoo can hear Kihyun nagged and nagged in the living room. “This… god damn it, dirty clothes should be there and clean clothes should be here, just what’s so confusing about it. Seriously, Why are they scattering them everywhere like this, I’m so going to get crazy. Really,”. 

Hyunwoo came to the living room with two plates of fried rice. Then he came back with a cup of coffe and a glass of honey water.

Kihyun was roaming around the house here and there while nagging, with only that over-sized white t-shirt. Sometimes bringing some clothes from one room to another room, another time there was these trashes of snack wrappers on his hands, another time he brought these cups and plates from one room to the kitchen and then washed the dishes again. Hyunwoo wanted to tell him to stop moving here and there and just eat the fried rice but Kihyun seemed so sincere and serious while cleaning the house so he held himself back and waited.

Finally, Kihyun sighed as he tried to clean the tables with this dust cloth in front of Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo saw zero satisfaction and full disappointment on Kihyun’s tired pale face. 

“Come here,” Hyunwoo said and Kihyun sat next to him. 

“Here,” Hyunwoo said as change dust cloth on Kihyun’s pale hand into the glass of honey water. 

Kihyun looked up at Hyunwoo.

“Thank you, hyung,” Kihyun said softly and gulped it down. 

“Finish the meal, you haven’t eaten any breakfast,” Hyunwoo said.

“Is this for me?” Kihyun asked.

“Of course” Hyunwoo said quietly andjust then, he saw Kihyun’s face lighten up. That one famous eye smile and smile bloomed on Kihyun’s face. 

“I’ll eat well,” Kihyun said and then he started to finish the meal. “Oooh, it’s not bad” Kihyun said as he looked up to Hyunwoo. 

“It tastes better when it’s still hot tho,” Hyunwoo said. 

“No, it’s good, it’s good like this too,” Kihyun said happily with smile on his face as he filled his mouth with another spoon of the meal. Kihyun ate it like it was the best meal he had after 100 years of living.

Kihyun was finishing the last gulps of the honey water before he flopped down on the couches and closing his eyes for a while. He went back to do the chores and even finished the laundry. He will tell the kids to dry it themselves and so he came back to the couches. He even sipped some coffee from Hyunwoo’s cup and sang some songs to himself.

The tv was on, but Hyunwoo was on his tablet and Kihyun was leaning on the couch back rest sloppily, watching tv and sometimes, anything on Hyunwoo’s tablet. Hyunwoo could feel Kihyun kneaded, pinched, hit, and even treated his upper arms like dough of cookies, and everytime it hurt, Hyunwoo just need to grunt and Kihyun will stop and play it the other way. Later, Kihyun was even patting and even hit Hyunwoo’s chest and shoulder and stomach, saying anything about “Wow, you have such a big build,” or anything like compliments but sometimes felt like he was ridicule him like, “You should go back to the forest and go get to your pack again,”. 

Hyunwoo was so into the live videos of Chris Brown until he felt his left arm felt numb and tried to move it but he can’t. Hyunwoo turned his head just to found Kihyun was backfacing him inside his left arm embrace and clung on it.

Hyunwoo peeked on Kihyun’s face and sighed as he saw Kihyun’s sleeping face.  His left arm felt so numb. 

As much as he wanted the numbness to get away, he didn’t want to wake Kihyun up. So slowly, he moved his arm and that made Kihyun rolled to him. Kihyun’s head and hands were on his bare left chest. Hyunwoo sighed in relieve because now his left arm was free. He wrapped his arm around Kihyun’s waist to hold him still while he shifted into a more comfortable position. Kihyun was soft almost like a dubu and he was slimmer or thinner from the last time he seen him.

Hyunwoo sighed and he looked around him. 

The Tv was still on although the channel was different and there was this drama playing on it. A lovey dovey one where the guy back-hugged a girl on white over-sized shirt chopping some fruits That girl on Tv had nice legs. All pale and slim They were all so smiley and even the girl fed the guy behind him a piece of apple. The memories of Kihyun fed him a piece of kimchi while he was back hugging him, the scene from that parody in Monsta X-Ray, played in his head. That was too ridiculous. 

But everything happened in his head glitched as his eyes caught a sight he didn’t usually see. There, Kihyun’s pale thighs folded on the couches, occupied some place on his left thigh. 

Hyunwoo looked around to find anything that can cover them but he didn’t see anything around since Kihyun already tidied up the room. So he just sighed again, leaned his head on top of the couch’s back rest, found his tablet and played with it again. 

*

He didn’t know since when he was asleep, but he was awaken by clicking sounds of camera. 

“Hoseok-ah..” Hyunwoo called the name of the person in front of them, capturing pictures  of him and Kihyun with the tablet, chuckling, loving it. “You’re here?”.

“I just need my hard disk, I am going to the studio and I think imma work out a little after that,” Hoseok sadi with smiley face. “Is this some kind of reunion between Yeojoo and Namjoo? How can you guys be this touchy when nobody around?”.

“Kihyunie is casually touchy,” Hyunwoo said.

“But you’re not and this is not casually, Hyunwoo-ah,” Hoseok laughed. 

“He just fell asleep there after tidying this whole building, Hoseok-ah, what should I do?” Hyunwoo chuckled. 

“You should put on some shirt and that kid should put on some shorts,” Hoseok chuckled. “This is so--
“.

“Oh, my God,”.

Everyone was turning his head to the place the voice came. 

“oh my Goddddddd” Minhyuk was there fanboying over the sight in front of him. “Show-kebbi and Hyun-tak?”. “Oh, God, my heart… I know it, you guys looked good together!” Minhyuk was excited and he was trying to hold back his shriek while being all smiley and even hit Hoseok as an effort to hold himself back.

“I got their pictures, I got their pictures!” Hoseok laughed and shrieked quietly too and Minhyuk shrieked again.

“No kidding, hyung, I know you guys are nothing, but the sight was really—, wow,” Minhyuk said softly as he held his left chest and sighed, admiring. 

Hyunwoo just nodded. 

“What should I do?” Hyunwoo asked as he stared at the sleeping Kihyun. 

“Don’t wake him up, don’t wake him up, he won’t get back to sleep and start nagging soon,” Minhyuk said. “Do not wake him up,” Minhyk said warningly as he run to his room to take  a jacket.

“Are you going again?’ Hyunwoo asked.

“Yes, I’ll meet some friends of mine,” Minhyuk said as he brought Kihyun’s blanket from the room and covered him with that.

“Alright Hyunwoo-ah, we’re going,” Wonho said as he put his arms on Minhyuk’s shoulders and they both walked out of the house.

Hyunwoo sighed. 

He didn’t know what he should do now. But he needed to put on some shirt now since it was getting a little bit cold and he needed to go to the bathroom.  

Hyunwoo sighed again and just then Kihyun opened his eyes and saw the tan skin right in front of his eyes and he realized in what position he was. 

“Wah!” Kihyun flinched on his spot, covered his mouth with both of his palms, eyes were wide open, meanwhile Hyunwoo just watching him. 

“Good sleep?” Hyunwoo asked quietly as always. 

Kihyun nodded as he watched Hyunwoo got up, stretching his body up and took the dishes to the kitchen.

Kihyun froze on his spot, grabbing onto his blanket, rethinking and rethinking about the truth of his memories and the position he was on all of this time. 

He saw it himself, his pale hands on Hyunwoo’s bare chest and even his face. 

Kihyun closed his eyes and frowned.

I’m screwed, that’s so embarrassing, I’m so embarrassing.

“Hyung!” Kihyun got up and he saw Hyunwoo walking to his room. “Hyung, you should wake me up!” Kihyun protested as he watched Hyunwoo put on some sleeveless t-shirt. 

“Hm?”.

“You should wake me up if I sleep in such an embarrassing— embarrassing position like that!”. “You must be laughing at me sleeping on you like that,” Kihyun rubbed his face.

“I wasn’t. Hoseok and Minhyuk were,” Hyunwoo said, chuckled. 

“WHAT?!!” Kihyun stared at Hyunwoo in disbelief. “How can you be so calm when those two—“.

“It’s ok, it’s not embarrassing. It’s just me, it’s just us anyway. I believed you looked cute in those pictures,”.

“P—PICTU—”

“Also you should sleep and eat more, your waist and thighs are so thin,” Hyunwoo said as he gave Kihyun’s waist and legs glances. 

Kihyun looked at his legs in instant and hyunwoo could hear Kihyun sighed and his face was going even redder before he walked out of Hyunwoo’s room to put on some shorts.

That night was loud as Kihyun was getting so sensitive, witnessing his and Hyunwoo’s pictures shared on the group chat. He was trying to kill anyone who basically just talked to him, including Hyunwoo but with rather red cheeks. 

Hyungwon knew tomorrow he will be a dead meat when Kihyun tries to wake him up. 


 

***