END

It Was You

Joy was busy on her phone, no she's not. It's just her way of not looking to the person she is talking with. Well why will she care? It's just Seulgi, her best friend.

 

"So how was the date?" Seulgi asked, she was looking at the busy girl. Joy seems don't have any interest with the topic.

 

"Date? She you know. I don't like her." Joy comment, like she wasn't the one who ask for a date to a girl she knew over internet.

 

"You always say that." Seulgi returned in a boring way. Joy give her a glance and chuckles. She put the phone in the night stand and look at the girl on the other bed.

 

They are flatmate too, just one bedroom with two beds. That's enough, less cost less cleaning.

 

"You know what? You are good with this stuffs. I don't have any interest to anyone of them." The younger girl answer making Seulgi crease her brow.

 

"Wow, you are the one who always ask for a date." Joy ignore her, she get back her phone again. She thought the conversations was interesting already, but seems not.

 

"Is it about Wendy?" Seems conversations are interesting when you talk about your recent ex, or any other ex. It seems, but to Joy it's not. She hate it everytime Seulgi bring this up.

 

"Not everything I do is about Wendy, about my exes in particular. Wendy, Irene and Yeri? They are all my past." Joy answered nonchalantly with her hands doing some gestures as she vocalized her thought. Seulgi was listening she always is.

 

With every rant and non sense things that Joy says, the younger girl did the same thing for her.

 

"Yeah, I don't like them though." Seulgi rest her back in the headboard. She was now on her book. Ita cue for Joy that the conversations is get her attention and she satrt having interest with it. 

 

The side profile of the other girl was just breathtaking, with her hair tie in a messy bun. With the eyeglasses falling in the bridge of her nose.

 

She looks like an innocent bear, with a scream of iness. At least just what Joy thinks. Joy was looking at Seulgi, and latter was oblivious. As if she was really reading.

 

"Irene is too old for you, Yeri? She is prankster I hate her for that. Wendy? I just don't like her." Joy laugh because of hat she just heard, Seulgi is the inly person she know who really with this. Her reasoning is too dumb for Joy.

 

"I am telling what I really think if them, don't laugh." She ask like a child who was asking her friend to.

 

"You don't like anyone I date." Joy pointed out. Seulgi was careful with her words, and Joy notice it.

 

"I jist don't like them, not even my type." She's honest, but her excuse was too 'idiotic' and she have the guts o use it to Joy, of all people she should have know.

 

"That's why it's me the one they dated and not you. They were my type anyway." Joy was able to see how Seulgi rolled her eyes. She inwardly laugh, and cover herself with the duvet. Leaving Seulgi wide awake with annoyance.

 

 

 

Seulgi wasn't good with cooking, she doesn't. She was glad she have Joy to look after her, what an she do without the younger one? 

 

"The past few days you been spacing out. Mind telling me?" Joy asked as she smile to Seulgi, she was bus with her bacon and sausage and Seulgi was too obvious. 

 

Seulgi look at her like she don't know where to get an answer. Joy, though she didn't speak it up she was worried and affected with Seulgi being like this. It all started when after a year of break up with Wendy Joy announced that she is into random date again.

 

Joy was patient in waiting, they stilp have time before the clock hit 9 o' clock for their class. 

 

"You don't like the sausage that I cook? You don't like American breakfast?" She asked, and older one shook her head immediately.

 

"If not, then what?" She want to hear it from Seulgi. She is not a mind reader.

 

"Why did you break up with Wendy? Irene and Yeri? Especially Irene, she was your first." Seulgi asked, Joy don't like talking about her exes. But Seulgi always bring them up.

 

She sigh as she bring down her fork and knife. 

 

"You are worried about those? Those are non sense anyway." But Seulgi was giving her a look that she don't understand.

 

"Do you really want to know? If I answer those questions promise me that you will stop spacing out, you're making me worried." A faint of blood rush to her cheeks. Joy notice it, but she shrug it off knowing it wasn't the right time for teasing.

 

"Irene was great in everything she took care of me well, and she is sweet. She's like a sister that I never had, but sisters don't kiss and have . So I really like her romantically, but stuffs just not in us. There is something that I like, that she don't." Joy explained about her first love. Seulgi was just listening. Even that was years already Seulgi was still jealous that the two dated.

 

"About Yeri? We have the same interest. I love how obsessed she is with bread. I don't mind buying her if she wants some. I really loved her that way. She is adorable, she seems matured. But she really don't know something and I can't explain it to her the way her mind would reach. She's too young for those, she's better without me." Seulgi was aware of those moments, how in the middle of the night Joy will look for a bread juat like a husband to her pregnant wife, she envy those moments wishing it was her.

 

Joy see how Seulgi's face turned into sadness from being confused, but she just want to feed the curious cat. She was asking for it, bate with it.

 

"And lastly Wendy, I really like here. I loved her. She was a mix of Irene and Yeri, maybe that was the reason why I liked her in the first place, but the reason of our break up is the mix of reason why I broke up with Irene and Yeri. That's funny, but Wendy I thought I wipl marry her. She just slap me with reality and I woke up." That was vague and Seulgi don't understand.

 

What are those 'something' that Joy was talking about.

 

"Are you full?" Joy pointed her head and stomach. She chuckles seeing that the food wasn't touch yet.

 

"What I say and this food are just the same, I prepared them especially for you but they seems don't matter and will never satisfy you." Joy stand fron her chair.

 

"Let's move we still have class." She put the plate to the sink, and was about to went up stair when Seulgi stops her with those words.

 

"How could I be satisfy when all you are preparing me is something you thought I would like and understand. Call me dumb, but I don't get why are you too carefw ith words you say. Like you're giving me a puzzle to work with just to understand you." Joy look at Seulgi who was now standing. Looking at her with puffy eyes.

 

She cried.

 

"If you don't like it say it, if you don't understand ask! When did you start acting awkward and distant to me?!" Early in the morning they are having arguments and yelling to each other.

 

"Since the time you went home hand in hand with Bae Joohyun!" Joy didn't see that coming, Seulgi was really crying. She don't know what to say, but Seulgi beat her in talking.

 

"We are best friends! The three of us are! Then you two start dating!" 

 

"Is this because you're jealous that Irene date me? You're telling me that I am vague with my words, yet you are too with your actions." 

 

"The heck I care about the person that Irene date. I never heard you say to me any reason why your ex break up with you!" 

 

"You're always bringing them up! I don't care about them anymore, but just to fill your hungry mind I will tell you because there is only one reason why I broke up with those girls. It's because of you!!" She yell, an awkward silence fill the thick air. Seulgi was shock.

 

"It's always you! Irene don't like me to be around you! But I can't just throw you up just because I got myself a lover. You are special to me, and Irene hate something about it. She hate you having around, but I like you to be always around. So I break things with her. We always fought about it. I choose you over her!" Joy was crying too. Seulgi was standing there with her face stained with tears.

 

"Yeri is too young, I can't explain to her that you are just a best friend to me. She keeps telling me to move out to this shatef apartment with you. She keeps telling me you like me. I just ignore her, but days comes that it hurts in my ear, I have to break things uo with her because again it was you I choose over that kid."

 

"And Wendy she is more than my everything. I asked her about moving with me, but she say no because she respected you. I ask her about getting married, but you know what she told me?" Seulgi was just crying there.

 

"She told me that I am asking the wrong person, because even her see who I really want to be with."

 

"I realized that Irene and Yeri was right with their accusations, and I was only able to realize it when Wendy slap it to me. That all this time it was you I am in love with."

 

 

 

 

"What are you reading?" Joy show the notebook, she pull Seulgi to her lap making the girl seat on her lap.

 

"It was dramatic, but at least we are together now." Joy kiss Seulgi's shoulder. Seulgi smile. Even her can't believe that after waiting her whole life, she will finally able to be married with the only person she always love.

 

Park Sooyoung, her wife. 

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is my first time writing a shot of Red Velvet. I stan Joy with anyone. But I really love JoyRi. But this is JoyGi because I still have hangover with the fic I read last night.