Black Cherry (Finale)

Black Cherry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t know even know if this is coffee or coke for ’s sake.” Jaebum complained, throwing the plastic glass in the sink along with the drink. “Calm down, you’ll need to get adjusted to this until we figure out what is going on.” Jinyoung informed with a sigh. Jaebum averted his gaze to the younger, as expected, he was exploding with color. “Is this even possible?” Yugyeom asked munching into his Doritos along with Bambam.

“What? Do you think I am lying about this?” The elder asked with an agitated gone. “Calm down, they’re just surprised. How do you expect anyone to believe that you just woke up this morning and everything was in black and white apart from Jinyoung?” Mark informed with a sigh. “Why Jinyoung though?” Jackson asked trying to resist the Doritos. He had to keep his image as the “organic healthy” eater.

“Jackson, if we know, do you think we would have called all of you here?” Jinyoung replied with a bitter look in his eyes. Everyone raised their hands in the air as a sign of retreat. “What did the doctor say?” Jackson asked. “They said my retina is in perfect condition and there is nothing wrong with my eyes. He thought I was pulling a prank on him.” Jaebum replied with a sigh.

“Are you sure you didn’t do any type of drug the night before? You’re probably just seeing weird things because of it.” Yugyeom suggested. “What part of the fact that I am a grown man with a job, with no time to mess around, do you not understand?” Jaebum replied with further agitation. “Okay, calm down everyone. Let’s just think about it calmly. Let’s not panic about it. It could be something temporary, for all we know it might be gone tomorrow morning. So let’s just wait.” Youngjae suggested.

Everyone nodded in approval of the suggestion. “Well? Why are you guys still sitting here? Leave.” Jinyoung ordered furrowing his eyebrows. “Now don’t be ridiculous, we can’t just leave you guys here.” Jackson informed as he lied down on the couch and retrieved the TV remote. Yugyeom and Bambam cuddled next to him, turning on “Pretty Little Liars” on Netflix.

“Yeah, we can’t just leave. What if you turn black and white? As your friends, it is our duty to stay until you are back to normal.” Mark informed taking one of the cushions from the couch and lying down with Youngjae. “All of you are disgusting. I’ll be doing my work, unlike you lots.” Jaebum informed before he slammed the door of his room shut. He opened his laptop and opened his email to reply to them.

Except, three of the urgent emails were pie charts; they all had different colors representing the percentage of sales in different areas of the country. “Great. my life. I can’t even get work done.” Jaebum said out loud, throwing his laptop next to him on the bed. Soon Jinyoung knocked on the door of his room. After reading his best friend’s expression for a few seconds, be burst out in giggles. “Let me guess, colored pie charts?” he asked, closing the door behind him and sitting next to Jaebum on the bed.

“ this, is this how horrible it is like to be color blind?” Jaebum asked with frustration. “I am sure it’s much worse because they are stuck with it for the rest of their lives. Now come on, let me help you with those pie charts.” Jinyoung replied with a chuckle, opening the elder’s laptop and placing it on his lap.

Okay, Jaebum needed to calm down, his heart needed to calm the down. Jinyoung was his best friend ever since the other was born. They had spent their entire lives together so far and it was completely normal for Jinyoung to leave everyone else to help him with his work. His heart and brain needed to take a few chill pills.

“.” Jaebum cursed as his eyes began to burn. He closed his eyes and covered them with his hands as they began to tear up. “Hyung? What happened? Are you okay?” Jinyoung asked as he grabbed the other by the shoulder and dragged him to the bathroom. He the faucet so that Jaebum could smear water all over his face.

“I am fine, thank you.” Jaebum said after smearing water on his whole face. The moment he said those words, the stinging pain had gone away. He looked at the younger who now seemed to have sparkles floating around him. It was already odd enough that it was only Jinyoung who was in color than the entire world, but now the younger had sparkles floating around him.

 “Hyung? Is something wrong?” Jinyoung asked with a concerned expression. “You don’t believe me but there are sparks flying around you.” Jaebum informed with a hesitant tone. The other had opened his mouth to say something but his mouth was shut close in confusion. “Let’s go outside and tell the others.” he informed, holding the elder’s hand to walk out of the room.

“Holy , what happened to you?” Yugyeom said, rising up his seat on the sofa, flailing his arms in the air, wondering if he should hold Jaebum to help him sit or not. “Calm down, my eyes suddenly started to burn. It’s okay now but Jinyoung is sparkling.” Jaebum informed with a sigh, kicking Bambam awake as he was sleeping on his spot on the sofa.

“I knew it, I knew you were Edward Cullen. That means Jaebum hyung now has supervision and can identify between humans and the supernatural.” Jackson informed, his eyes sparkling with anticipation and hope. “Shut up, it’s getting serious if his eyes were burning.” Jinyoung said, sitting next to Jaebum. “But why are you sparkling in his eyes?” Yugyeom asked. “Wow, that sounds romantic.” Bambam replied with a grin.

“When isn’t Jinyoung sparkling in his eyes?” Youngjae said rolling his eyes. As the youngest of the two laughed, Mark elbowed his boyfriend once he noticed the rising flush on Jaebum’s face. “First color and now sparkles, I think you’re possessed.” Jackson informed with confidence. “Can you say anything rational?” Jinyoung asked narrowing his eyes. “Demon, ghosts, witches, vampires, werewolves and Satan is real.” Jackson replied folding his arms.

“And God isn’t real?” Mark asked whilst laughing. “That’s some sick double standards you have there buddy.” Bambam added patting the elder on the shoulder. “Only organic food can save this universe.” Jackson replied. “Okay, what about my ing eyes? Can a demon or a witch fix that?” Jaebum asked with a sigh. After sharing a common look, everyone shrugged for a reply.

Jinyoung began to laugh out loud as Jaebum slouched down his seat on the couch. “Well, you can try sleeping. Try going to sleep and when you wake up it might get better.” Youngjae suggested. “Just like how you restart your computer each time it starts to malfunction?” Mark joked with sarcasm in his tone. Youngjae began to throw random punches at his boyfriend as the other laughed, trying to cover himself.

“I’ll go to sleep. None of you are worth the time.” Jaebum informed before returning to his room. “Why do weird things keep happening to him?” Jinyoung asked with a sigh. “If it wasn’t Jaebum, I wouldn’t even have believed any of you. This is so weird.” Mark commented. “No Sherlock, if it was normal we wouldn’t be this worried.” Jackson added.

As Jackson and Mark began to engage themselves in a fist fight, Jinyoung let out a long sigh of distress.

 

_______________

Jaebum had been dead asleep, even dreaming in black and white. It was a weird dream, Jinyoung was still in color and they were at their high school photography competition. Rather than a dream, it was a forgotten memory coming back to life after years. He clearly remembered he had lost the competition, causing Jinyoung a great amount of dissatisfaction. However, he had a good reason.

His partner was none other than Park Jinyoung and when you have the most beautiful human being next to you; you can’t help but only take photos of them. So basically, Jaebum ended up taking a few photos of random objects, however, the rest of the fourteen hundred photos were of Park Jinyoung. If you ask him if he still possesses those photos, he’ll deny but in truth, he has kept every single one of them.

He didn’t know who to blame for his stalker tendencies.

Jaebum woke up to the noise of knocking on his window. Great, first he went color blind and now a serial killer was knocking on his window. If death wanted him, it should stop being a wuss and just come to him. With a groan, Jaebum tried to go back to sleep thinking he was just imagining things. It wouldn’t be a surprise at this point.

To his great dissatisfaction, the knocks became more and more constant. “Who the ?” Jaebum asked as he pulled the curtain away. Not that Jaebum wasn’t easily shocked, he was. He was very expressive when it came to shocks. He still remained static in shock as a young girl with wings stood in the air outside his window. “Open up dumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter