Asperity

Asperity of Life (Breakeven Sequel) [Moonsun fanfic]

"Daddy!" 5 year-old Moonbyul shouted her hearts out with the sight of her father, Her father smiled at her as she approach. "My Princess." Moonbyul's father replied as he lift her daughter and let her sit on his lap. "How are you?" Moonbyul's father asked since he went to Singapore for 2 weeks, "Daddy did you know I played a lot at school, I have new friends and someone had a crush on me. I also have a new crush and her name is Yongsun!!" Moonbyul told her father, "A girl?" Moonbyul's father curiously asked, Moonbyul nod innocently beaming on her father. "You really inherit my genes don't you?" Mr. Moon smiled in front of her daughter teasing Moonbyul as he neglected the fact that her only daughter likes someone with the same gender. "Yes because I am a daddy's girl" Another beam from the kids face is visible. Moonbyul's father cup her daughter's chin as he kiss her on the cheek.

Moonbyul thought her father went to Singapore for some business related events, little did she not know her father actually went there for second opinion. Moonbyul's father is diagnosed with Malignant Brain tumor (Brain cancer). Mr. Moon thought that the blurriness of her vision and problems in hearing was caused by his continuous stress. He also experienced sever headaches and vomiting that's when he decided to consult their family doctor. Later on he found out that he has Brain tumour, he wanted to get second opinion and other professional opinion about it that's why he went to Singapore. No one knows even her wife.

Mr. Moon continued to work in their company up until Moonbyul's birthday.

December 22

6 year-old Moonbyul celebrating her party in their backyard, she invited her friends, her crush, her teachers and other relatives. The kid enjoyed every part of her party, her mother and her father is fully hands-on in her party, at that time she thinks she is lucky enough to have them. Her parents love her so much. 

The party ended but some of Moonbyul's relatives stayed behind for a dinner with the whole family and with Yongsun whom Moonbyul invited. Everything went fine not until Mr. Moon, the father of Moonbyul felt a severe headache and blurred vision as he suddenly fell on the floor, Mr. Moon's siblings approached him with her wife, they tried to help him up. Moonbyul at the side looking at her father's pale face. She stared at his face and saw pain, "Papa!" Moonbyul towards her father, but even before she can even approach her father, he lost his balance once again as he vomited blood on his hands. Moonbyul ran as he hugged her father. "Papa are you okay?" Moonbyul cried, her father looked at her and smiled, "I am fine my princess." Mr. Moon answered, but his body says otherwise. Mr. Moon fell on the floor unconscious, his wife immediately approached him, "Hun!!" with the help of their other relatives they immediately brought him to the car, leaving Moonbyul astound of what just happened. Moonbyul was left in their house crying demanding to follow her father, but her aunts never let her out. Yongsun on the other side sat beside Moonbyul and hugged her, Yongsun caress Moonbyul's back as she cries, she wanted to Moonbyul to calmed down. She pushed Moonbyul away from the hug to look at her face, she wiped her tears with her bare hands, "Don't cry Mr. Moon will be alright he'll be back later on." Moonbyul just smiled in front of her friend,

Days passed Moonbyul's father is still in the hospital, her mother rarely went home she didn't know the reason why her beloved father wasn't able to go home, Moonbyul's routine only revolves around school and their house, no more playgrounds, theme parks nor her favorite place the beach. Her grandfather usually go to their house to visit her, she wasn't allowed to visit her father in the hospital since it's dangerous for her age. Every time her grandfather visits she usually persuade him to bring her to the hospital, but her plans of persuasion never worked out.

Moonbyul's grandfather tried to explain to the little girl that her father is currently sick that is why he can't go home. Moonbyul invited Yongsun to her house everyday instead. They spend their days together, Yongsun and Moonbyul rarely fight over things when they did Moonbyul would always apologize first and they will end up on being together again.

One night Moonbyul's mother went home and went straight to their bar area and sat there. She stared blankly on the wall before she stood up and grabbed a bottle of whiskey and a glass. She poured a little amount of whiskey on her glass. While Moonbyul's mother is drinking, little Moonbyul peak through the wall that separates the way to the stairs. The little girl saw her mother and watches her until she had the confidence to approach her. When little Moonbyul approached her Mother, Moonbyul aghast of what happened next, her Mother looked at her with narrow eyes and threw the old fashioned glass she was holding.

Moonbyul looked at her Mother horrified eyes clearly visible as she stared at her Mother's face. Mrs. Moon approached Moonbyul and grabbed the kid's arm, "Mama it hurts." Moonbyul squealed as she try to escape from her Mother grasp. Mrs. Moon didn't let go, "You are the damn reason why I am not happy." Moonbyul's Mother uttered as she looked at her daughter's eyes. Moonbyul stopped from crying, instead she focused on her Mother. Moonbyul's Mother harshly let go of the kid's arm as she stood up and walk away, Moonbyul was left alone debating with her little mind on what happened to her Mother.

The next morning Mrs. Moon asked Moonbyul to get ready they are going to the zoo, little Moonbyul was so excited that she immediately took a bath and wore her favorite light blue dress, she wore her watch and her favorite sandals. Moonbyul went down seeing her mother fully prepared as she sat on the couch waiting for her daughter. Mrs. Moonbyul immediately stood up as her daughter approach her, she stood up and walk outside signaling her daughter to follow her immediately. Moonbyul followed her while skipping her smile is all through out her face.

When her Mother start the engine Moonbyul wore her seatbelt as she sings one of the disney songs, she was happily singing while her Mother seriously looked at the way. Mrs. Moon have decided, she wants to leave Moonbyul in the middle of the way, the kid doesn't know how to get home. Her anger towards her twin and her husband became drastic that it went to the point that she blame Moonbyul for everything.

Mrs. Moon is really the birth mother of Moonbyul, but she just acted as a surrogate for her Twin sister who is actually Moonbyul's Mother by the egg (a/n: hahaha demn my terms are lit). Mrs. Moon actually accepted her twin's proposal to carry a baby in her womb since her sister has a problem in her uterus, at the same time she is in love with her twin's husband. She was carrying Moonbyul for 8 months when her twin sister died because of a car accident. A few weeks before she went to labor, Her twin's husband asked her to marry him since she is carrying a legitimate child. She agreed as she thought that finally he will be able to love her now. 3 months after Moonbyul's birth they got married. After their marriage they tried making a baby, but tough luck they weren't able to make a baby. 

5 years later she got pregnant and she was very happy about it. Moonbyul was 5 yrs old that time and she treated her as her real daughter. Everything changed on her 4th month when she had neonatal death where her stillborn child died inside her,Mr. and Mrs. Moon tried everything they could to bare a child but unfortunately they weren't able to bare even just one that they can call their own.

The next thing Mrs. Moon knew was her husband being rushed to the hospital she found out that her husband is terminally ill, she was already out of her mind that time her husband beg her to love Moonbyul with everything she has, but her mind says otherwise, her anger increased as she remembered that Moonbyul was never became her daughter, she just carried her in her tummy but they don't share anything aside from being her aunt in real.

That day she invited Moonbyul to the zoo, she know that the kid can never say no to zoo or theme parks, there is a usual 2 hour drive to the zoo but in the middle of the ride she stopped in the middle and removed her daughter's seatbelt. "Honey can you buy mommy a candy and a cigarette, I feel sleepy." She gave her money and let her off the car. She followed Moonbyul to the store and as they entered, She held Moonbyul's hand tighter and went further, it was not a store rather it was a house she stood her and give her arms to the lady inside the house, She was about to leave while Moonbyul looked at her mother leaving, "Hey where are you going?" Her friend asked her while holding the little girl's hand, "I don't care about that child anymore." Mrs. Moon uttered with her dull eyes. Moonbyul ran as fast as she could until she could hug the waist of her mother, "Mama please don't leave me, I will do everything you want, I won't do anything that can disappoint you again. Mommy please don't leave me Mommy, I will do the laudry and wash the dishes for Mommy please.." Moonbyul begged as her tears starts to fall from her eyes. 

Mrs. Moon pushed Moonbyul, Moonbyul fell on the floor Looking at her Mother with terrified face, "I am sorry, I'm sorry ... I'm sorry Mommy.." Moonbyul uttered again and again to herself, her eyes wide enough thinking how her mother neglected her. For the last time she faced Moonbyul who was on the floor whispering to herself,  "I regret giving birth to you, Mrs. Moon uttered before she left.

As soon as Mrs. Moon left the house and went to her car, she immediately started the engine once again and slowly left the place looking at the rear view mirror the child trying to run after the car but failed. She smiled a creepy one. 

She went home and there Mr. Moon the father of Moonbyul's father appeared looking for his grand daughter, "Where's Moonbyul?" Mrs. Moon's face changed into a panic one, "S-she disappeared Father.." Mrs. Moon's eyes became glossy and was about to cry. "What!?" Mr. Moon shouted. He pulled his phone and called someone, "Look for my grand daughter immediately. Mrs. Moon's phone ringed, it was her husband's sibling, "Unnie! Are you with Father!?" The person on the other line panicked. "Yes" Mrs. Moon plainly answered. "Come here immediately come with Byul, he dying" The person on the other line uttered she immediately looked at Mr. Moon. "Father.. My husband he is dying." Both of them stood up and immediately rode Mr. Moon's car.

They were all in the hospital, Mr. Moon Moonbyul's father explored his eyes across the room but he never saw his only daughter, "W-where is my d-daughter? Where is Byul, My princess?" Mr. Moon asked his voice fading and hoarse. "She's sic she can't come here." Mr. Moon his father answered. Mr. Moon smiled and looked at her wife, "Please take care of her, I beg you." He uttered. He roam again his eyes looking at each person in the room and in the end he smiled before he decided to sleep peacefully... Forever. Mrs. Moon cried at the sight of his husband's perishing. She stood outside the room as she starred to the floor. Her tears flows continously.

2 weeks later

Mrs. Moon packed her things and approached Mr. Moon, "Father, I am leaving." she said as the old man looked at her, "What where are you going and your daughter is missing are you out of your mind?" He answered. "I am not coming back anymore, I don't deserve to be a Moon, she isn't my daughter why I would care? I left her with the Kim's two weeks ago." She uttered, Mr. Moon looked at her with anger, "What!? You just deprive Moonbyul's every right to see her dying father!? You're an insolent person! GET OUT!" Mr. Moon shouted.

As soon as possible they were able to find Moonbyul, but she was different rather she became different. Her dull eyes her face no reaction at all. Everyday Yongsun went to Moonbyul's house just to make her happy and go back to the old Byul, she knew how everything happened. Byul was left in their house by her own Mother leaving her harsh word to carry. Moonbyul sleeps in her room in their house, Moonbyul would wake utter words such as, "Mommy sorry please.. sorry.." in her sleep, while her hands were together as if pleading somewhere. Yongsun just hug Moonbyul from the back until she calm down.

Until then there is no response.

4 years after Yongsun's parent were on the way to Yongsun awarding as a top student, her parents are obliged to go and give her an award on stage. Yongsun was waiting for her parent staring at the door, 'the program is about to star where are you Mom and Dad?' Yongsun thought to herself. The Program started she her parent aren't still there, Mr. Moon entered the auditorium and sat somewhere, when Yongsun was called Mr. Moon stood up and immediately gave her the reward. "Mr. where's mommy and daddy?" He didn't answered instead he dragged her immediately afterwards.. In the car, "Your parents was involve in a car accident and they are still in Coma and I remembered your awarding that's why I went there in place of your parents." Mr. Moon uttered, "Where are they right now?" Yongsun asked. They stopped in front  of the hospital running inside as soon as the car stopped.They even forgot that Moonbyul was also in the car just listening to their conversation. When they approached the emergency room, the door was already open, Yongsun saw how the nurse spread the white blanket on top of her parents. She immediately grasp of what she saw and ried as she fell to the ground.

Moonbyul side hugged her until she calmed, Mr. Moon saw how close the two were so he decided to adopt Yongsun instead and let him be her guardian.

14 years after they were able to melt Byul's heart, she slowly started to smile and join others. She became friendly towards other people. They thought maybe it's because of Hwasa who tried everything just to make her smile nor express herself, she tried various ways like setting up a blind date, horror Movies, Horror houses and Bars. Hwasa was very happy when that happened. The three of them didn't kno wit was mostly because of Solar and how she fall in love with the girl once again. She bear 17 years of unrequited love in her heart since she was a kid.

 

That's when Eric came, Yongsun and Byul didn't have the same history class. Yong sat on the corner seat at the back when suddenly a guy entered the room and sat beside her. He looked at the girl and thought that he had a love at first sight. He befriended her as he partnered with her on a particular project that require a long time. A week passed and the two became extremely close, she even introduce him to Byul, but all Byul did was to look at him and observed. she never really liked Eric right from the start she felt that because of him Yongsun disappeared by her side. She let her idea go and just stick with it. Eric felt that a month is enough to know her so he decided to court her for real, Yongsun never said No and  gladly accepted Erics proposal.

Moonbyul thought the courage to ask Yongsun to eat into a fancy restaurant with her she wanted to tell her feeling to her. Yongsun agreed to come but Byul ended up alone as she stood up and leave the place, she went to a bar where Hwasa is a regular hoping that she can see her there,and she wasn't wrong Hwasa's there. Moonbyul told her everything she feel even to her feelings for Yongsun, at first Hwasa felt angered of what is happenning with Yongsun and Moonbyul's relationship but all because of Moonbyul, she let it go since like Moonbyul wanted to. Moonbyul tried inviting Yongsun after class but she just answered, "I can't Eric is waiting for me, Sorry." Moonbyul saw her one sided love shattered as she felt her beloved started to drift away.

Same things happened for the whole 3 months, she didn't thought she can manage to not push herself for Yongsun's attention. She decided it's time to confront her more over forced herself to confront her because she is tired to push herself so much to get attention and get nothing again and again in return.

The incident happened. (Referring to the confrontation part)

Moonbyul got hurt pretty bad that her old self appeared concealing the happy Moonbyul away. She went to US with the help of her grandfather. Her grandfather gave importance to her so much not just because she will inherit everything but also because her grandfather knows that she has been through a lot and he is proud that she was able to handle it, he doesn't want her to get back to her old self so he just allowed her to not makes things worst between Yongsun and Moonbyul.

Moonbyul's first year in L.A. didn't turn out good, she was always on the bar getting drunk, and often end up in fights. Boys or girls wanted to flirt with her whenever she is in a bar. Her life revolves with Bar at night and sleep in the morning. She changed her hair dyed with grey and she bought a Ducati Supersport instead a car. On the next year she decided to continue studying this time she became serious, she got high grades even with her cold appearance she still go to bars often but she got tired of it that she only went to bars whenever she feel like drinking. She got a new neighbor in the condominium, she thought that nothing will change. Moonbyul one time saw her roaming around outside she just continued walking but she felt a grp on her hand, "You are my neighbor right? Do you know where's University of California, I am new her and I don't know where to go." She just dull fully looked at her and continued walking. Krystal thought approaching this grey haired girl is completely useless' as she followed the grey haired girl in her gaze. She felt good when she saw her walking that is why she approached her, it is not her nature to approach someone because she is arrogant, 'independence is not my thing' she thought to herself as she rolled her eyes.

Moonbyul turned to face Krystal. She road her big bike and stopped in front of Krystal, she hand out her helmet but Krystal just looked at her. Moonbyul thought she will be late if she will still wait for the bus or it will cost her a lot if she'll take a taxi. Moonbyul looked at the time and Krystal did the same. "OMG I am going to be late." She grabbed the helmet and went on the big bike, this is Krystal's first time riding a motor cycle. "I trust you Ms. Grey haired girl." She said before Moonbyul started the engine and go on so fast. Krystal was enjoying the air while on the motor cycle but suddenly she remembered why she is having a hard time, Her parent delayed bringing her car to LA due to some reason, she got infuriated with that. Krystal sighed and the next thing she knew they are already inside the University grounds. Moonbyul waiting for her to get off.when she got off and gave back the helmet, Moonbyul remove her helmet making her hair fall all around like a shampoo commercial, leaving Krystal's gaze glued to her. Moonbyul Parked her bike and got off, she was about to walk away when Krystal grabbed her hand once again this time she turned to face her.

She just looked at her, "Uhhm do you happen to know where Business Administration Department." Krystal smiled awkwardly. Krystal felt weird smiling at her, she only smile with her close friend and her family let us say that she just smiled at the people who deserve it. That means Moonbyul deserve it?

This time Moonbyul grabbed her hand and pulled her into the Business Administration building, 'What a great coincidence we have the same course' she said to herself sarcastically and she sighed. Krystal just looked the back of the grey haired girl and her hand holding hers. As soon as she brought her on the deans office Moonbyul immediately left. Krystal was so bothered she wasn't even able to say thank you to her. She went to her first class, she entered and the professor let her introduce herself as a new student. She looked around and saw a failiar face. She introduced herself ' mode on' she thought to herself. "Krystal Jung, New York." She just said. "Expectations?" The professor asked. "I don't expect anything." She just said and went straight beside the Familiar girl. Moonbyul often sits alone and doesn't socialize with her classmates. 

When Moonbyul saw Krystal beside her she sighed deeply and head down shutting Krystal from even starting a conversation.

It turned out 3 out of her 5 subject she is with Krystal. They both have the first class, before lunch and before dismissal. Moonbyul was shocked of what Krystal did after their first class, Krystal grabbed Moonbyul and she immediately said, "I want you to be my friend or rather my best friend." Krystal declared, Moonbyul remembered Yongsun and stared blankly somewhere else, she once again pulled her and gave her a peck on the cheeks which got Moonbyuls full attention and looked at Krystal. Krystal just smiled. Since then they become close Krystal always grabbing Moonbyul since Moonbyul didn't care with her at first. After a weeks Moonbyul started to open up with Krystal she started becoming talkative with her and smiled a bit from time to time with her. When they decide to go to a bar once night, Moonbyul was approached by guys same with Krystal. Moonbyul didn't give any with them she just don't care about them on the other hand Krystal turned them all down telling them that she is dating Moonbyul, she even shrug them all off even Moonbyul's flings. Krystal face Moonbyul "Can you turn them effin down!" She looked at Moonbyul, Moonbyul looked at Krystal with her angry face. "Just let them be, I don't car about them." Moonbyul answered. Krystal groaned and continued turning down those people who approached both of them. In the end Krystal got drunk, Moonbyul brought her to her car.

The car that Mr. Moon insisted Moonbyul to keep.

Moonbyul put Krystal a seatbelt, but suddenly krystal hugged her, "Moonbyul-ah you smell effin good I like you" and the drunk girl kissed Moonbyul's cheek, and let go.

They went straight to Moonbyul's condo since she didn't know the password of Krystal's condo. She removed Krystals shoes and lay her on her bed, Moonbyul showered and wore short shorts and an oversized shirt, she didn't dare touch nor change Krystal's clother or they might end up in war. She just wiped her with warm water and she decided to sleep beside her.

Krystal woke up with the morning rays, she is in a bed. Her eyes darted to the Grey haired sleeping girl in front of her, their position is so close. She is using Moonbyul's arm as her pillow as her hand on the grey girl's waist. She looked at what she is wearing, she is wearing the same dress from last night, she looked at the girl in front of her, she bit her lips, 'Demn isn't she y?' she thought to herself. Moonbyul slowly opened her eyes and just looked at Krystal. They stared at each other as if their eyes are talking. When they are tire staring at each other they just decided to stand up. Moonbyul went to the kitchen and cooked breakfast while Krystal took a shower, they wore the same thing a short shorts and an oversized shirt. When Moonbyul was done preparing pancakes she sat in the dining table and waited for Krystal. When Krystal sat on the chair beside Moonbyul she steal glances to the grey haired girl. Moonbyul then looked at her and suddenly asked, "Can I court you?" She told Krystal and Krystal chocked on her food. Krystal just stared at the grey haired girl and she eventually nod. Moonbyul smiled at her and gave her some bacons, "Hey I am on a diet!" Krystal shouted. "You don't need to diet you are pretty thin already." She said as she grabbed the bacon from the plate and placed it in front of Krystals mouth, Krystal felt butterflies in her tummy, she ate the bacon she offered. A few months later she answered her sweetest yes to her.

One time Krystal has a photo shoot she dragged Moonbyul with her. Her partner didn't show up, she asked if her partner could be Moonbyul who was playing with he phone on the side. The Photographer nod, Moonbyul was dragged once again and was ordered to wear different outfits, she just confusedly looked at Krystal. The shoot ended perfectly the photographer commended Moonbyul and asked her to comeback to be officially Krystal's partner. She didn't react Krystal just nod to the photographer.

Moonbyul became greasier and greasier with Krystal and Krystal is loving it, both of them look called outside and yet the are both good inside. Moonbyul and Krystal graduated together. As soon as Moonbyul graduated her grandfather contacted her to go back, she told Krystal about it, Krystal didn't think twice she just said she is going with her, Moonbyul just smiled at Krystal. They booked a flight back to Korea.

On the day of their flight Moonbyul dragged Krystal in the crowd and kneeled with one knee, "Will you Marry me?" Krystal smiled, "Of course it is a yes" She smiled as she kissed Moonbyul.

They happily went back to Korea and Moonbyul met her friends once again.




 




So IT IS DONE!~

sorry for the great delay~?
I was stucked with my basketball training yesterday :'(
hope you liked it though..

I choose to leave the ending open because I don't want to shatter the dreams of some..

those moonstals, moonsun,and the ddong couple (Eric and Solar)

So it is how you perceive it that is how the story will end
Thank you for reading~~

Maybe if I have time I'll put an ending to this a proper one.

love you all!