Episode 1.1

A slice of the life of Yoon Jihye

Hi. My name is Yoon Jihye and I'm 19 years old. This is the story of my crazy year as a freshman in college. And like all cliche school dramas, this episode starts with an alarm clock.

"BEEP BEEP BEEP B-"

I roll over and switch off the alarm clock, half awake. Sitting up, I numbly stare at the wall as my lips slowly curve into a smile. It's the first day of college and the start of my adult life. Stretching, I glance over to the bed next to mine where my roommate and best friend from elementary school is sleeping. Lee Juye is someone who seems perfect at first glance; slim, pretty and nice. However, when you've known her for practically half your life, she's one of the weirdest and clumsiest people you've ever met. Even though we have nearly nothing in common and she both annoys and worries me to no end, somehow we balance each other out. Standing up, I shuffle over to her bed and try to shake her awake

"Yah, Lee Juye, wake up already"

She just whines and burrows further into the covers, clutching them with a death grip. Using my strength I rip them off the bed, sending her onto the floor. 

"OW! What the hell, Ji! That hurt!"

"It was supposed to. There's nothing like a little pain to wake you up in the morning"

I fold the covers and toss them back on the bed, leaving Juye on the floor complaining. Walking into the bathroom, I wet a hand towel and wipe my face with it. Feeling refreshed, I walk back into the bedroom to see that she had fallen asleep on the floor. Rolling my eyes, I set her uniform on the floor next to her and bring mine back into the bathroom to change. When I step out, Juye is leaning against her desk half asleep with her uniform on. I just chuckle and walk to the kitchen space. Opening the fridge, I take out two lunchboxes full of kimbap and ingredients for french toast. Humming, I set a pan on the stove and start cooking. The bedroom door opened and Juye came out, hair brushed and face washed. I just smirked and passed her a plate of french toast with a fork.

"Good morning. I'm shocked you actually got up on time today"

She sent me a weak glare and sat down on a cushion, setting her plate on the folding table. Turning off the stove, I brought my own plate over and sat down. We ate silently, with me glancing at the clock every so often. When we finished, I brought the plates into the kitchen to wash them. After putting the plates in the dishwasher, I walked back into the room. I had packed with Juye the night before so only put in my lunch and water bottle. Walking into the bathroom, I saw Juye putting on lip tint. When I burst out laughing, she whipped around and glared at me.

"Whats so funny? I'm just putting on lip tint!"

Still laughing, I shoved her over so that I would have space in the mirror.

"Sure, sure. I won't bother you so keep doing what you were. I just need to tie my hair"

Giving me one last glare, she left the bathroom, slapping my shoulder on the way out. I tie my hair into a ponytail and brush my teeth, finishing with vanilla perfume. Grabbing my backpack and hoodie, I walked into the living room to get the keys. Juye was already at the door, putting her shoes on. Putting my shoes on, I do one last scan around the room then open the front door.