Dead by 100

Borderlander; The Name-Seeker

Some of you asked me to update you here, so in case you haven't already seen it, here's a link to my upcoming Suho fic!  It's a wolf au and the first chapter will go up in the final week of this month (I've just finished writing DMAD and I need a bit of a break).  I'll probably change the description at some point, but until then, here it is.  Just click on the title or the link at the end to be taken to it.

Dead by 100

 

Yoo Minjeong is kidnapped in a case of mistaken identity.  The men who took her were after Yoo Minjeong, daughter of the Minister for Science (her father) and Lee Mira, PhD, a specialist in genetics.  Instead, they got Yoo Minjeong, Nobody Much and mute daughter of Nobody Important.

Once the men realise the mistake, however, they aren't that keen on letting her go, even if she can't speak.  For one, she's seen their secret lair in the forest.  For two, she knows why they're there.  And for three, they seem to think she can help them anyway, even if they can't hold her to ransom or anything.

Minjeong isn't exactly thrilled to be told that she has to stay, but when the guy telling you that you have no choice in the matter grows fangs when he's angry and can turn into a werewolf, you don't exactly refuse.  Besides, she knows she wouldn't get far anyway.  The forest is full of mysterious dangers, and an ancient prophecy foreseeing the end of the world is finally coming into fulfillment – it's not like it makes a difference if it ends while she's in the woods or while she's somewhere else.

But more than that, she's curious about the numbers.  All nine of the men in the group have numbers on the insides of their left wrists, and Minjeong's sure she's seen them change.  She's almost positive that Chanyeol, the man who kidnapped her, had 65 when she first met him.  Now it's 61.  Kai insists she was wrong about the 88 on his wrist being 98 a couple of weeks ago.  Suho says it's not an issue and that they need to find a way to stop the prophecy, but why does literally everything in the forest call him their guardian – and if these numbers are a countdown of some kind, what does it mean for Suho when his wrist reads number one?

 

Read it here