After a long time

After a long time

Byung entered into the coffee shop to drink a cup of Americano before he started the show. It’s been a month or so since he was casted on a play called Special Liar and it was the only thing that kept his mind busy. Every show so far has been enjoyable and he loved being able to stay on the acting stage. He practiced his lines day in and day out to make sure everything is perfect.

So far it was working.

“One ice Americano.”

“Yes. Coming in a few.” The barista didn’t ask for his name because he was a regular, instead he smiled at him and went to work at his current order.”Mr.Lee? One ice cold Chamomile tea is ready. Are you paying in cash or credit?”

“Cash.” A male much taller than Byunghun replied. Byung lowered his gaze when he heard the other customer. It was Chunji.

Byunghun knew something like this would happen this month, considering Chunji was casted in a musical, which was held in the part of town as his play. He didn’t think it would happen on the opening week or even the same afternoon he had his coffees on. Like there are so many coffee shops in this town, why his?

 He waited for his coffee and his old friend to leave without saying hi. But to his surprised the figure still stayed. Byung looked up to see Chanhee smiling. “Nice surprise isn’t it?” He smiled. “Are you busy?”

“No, I’m on break. I have an hour left.” He replied awkwardly. He knows he brought everything upon himself when he left without a word. He made a decision that effected everyone around him horribly but after months of on and off feelings towards top media, he believed that he needed to leave. He is in a much happier place now but he can feel the consequences for his actions coming up.

The barista plopped Byunghun’s coffee on a tray and smiled when they made eye contact. He knows I’m suffering. Byung grunted to the smile and gave his credit card. Once the payment was over he still noticed Chanhee didn’t leave to go to a table. He knew if he left Byung would’ve ran away.

“Mind having a chat? I’m also on break.”

“Uh.. Sure.” He noticed the barista put two slices of cake on the tray as well. Byung motioned the cake to ask him why but the barista just shooked his head.

“Its on me. Hope to see you more Mr.Lee. Have great day!” Barista smiled at both of them and went to work on another drink.

That little bi-

Chanhee stared at the horror displayed on Byung’s face and grinned in amusement. He seriously doesn’t like facing his problems face to face. They both walked towards the couches near one of the windows of the coffee shop.

“I heard you are in a play?” Chanhee says while sipping his drink.

“Yeah. I heard you were in a musical?” Byung took a bite of his cake.

“After a long time, yeah. We had a comeback after a long time too.”

The both were sitting facing each other. The only light they had was from the window but it grew dimmer as dark clouds started forming in the sky. Little patter of rain splatted on the windows. It felt like the day he made up his mind. Staring at s in the recording room and wondering if recording this song was worth it. If making countless albums were worth it. If this effort is ever worth it.

“The album… was amazing.” Byung smiled. “I loved all the songs but July was more special.”

“Isn’t it? It’s special to all of us.” Chanhee stared at the window. The pitter patter of rain started to become heavier. The lamp across the street became difficult to see.

“I’m surprised you even listened to the album. I thought you didn’t want to be a part of the group?” Chanhee replied bitterly. He always held grudges for a really long time and this one would surely be longer.

“I don’t any more… it was difficult but it was a decision I had to make. It… it was hard staying suffocated from saying what I want. It’s hard to stay passionate at doing something when you have lost it long ago. Channi…I never wanted to bring Angels down or you guys.”

“Then why did you quit?”

“I wanted to be happy. After a long time.”

“Are you?”

“Yeah.”

“Good. That’s all I wanted to hear.”