Sparkles and Mutts

Sparkles and Mutts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun is excited. For the first time in more than a year, he will be seeing Jongin and Kyungsoo. It has been so hectic and busy since his family has to move four cities away from that he didn’t have time to go and meet his two bestfriends.

They Skype call sometimes and text each other more often but it is just not the same. And for Sehun particularly, they are too impersonal for him to convey how happy he has been for the past three months.

“Sehun!”

A wide smile appeared on Sehun’s usual straight face as he caught sight of the person who called for him. They were waving excitedly with a matching grin on their lips. Sehun closed the remaining distance between them in a jog and almost crashed the other person in a tight hug. It wasn’t even a day since they last saw each other but still.

“Hi Han,” Sehun murmured against the top of Han’s head. Han, or Luhan, is the reason why he is so excited to meet his bestfriends. He just couldn’t wait for them to know the person that has made his life wonderful after months and months of sulking.

Same person has also turned Sehun’s world upside down but it has been the best thing that has ever happened to him. He is then inside his embrace and chuckling amusedly.

“Yeah, yeah. I missed you too, boyfriend,” Luhan teased and tiptoeing to plant a kiss right on Sehun’s awaiting lips. “Though you have made me wait.”

Sehun finally let Luhan go with a snort. “I didn’t tell you to come here earlier. I was just on time,” he retaliated with squinted eyes. For some reason, Luhan said that he finds that adorable and so Sehun makes it to a point to keep doing it when the chance presents itself.

Anything just to get Luhan all smiley on him.

“Fine, okay. How about your bestfriends? Should we keep them waiting too or shall we go already?”

“Why are you mean today?” Sehun noted as he reached for Luhan’s hand and twined their fingers together. “They can wait. It’s not like they would come early themselves. If I know, Kyungsoo hyung is still lugging his boyfriend around.”

Luhan simply shrugged and smiled. Sehun took that as cue to lead them towards the bus station. He and his bestfriends have agreed to meet halfway and in one of the restaurants by the sea.

Luhan has always preferred seafood while Jongin and his Kyungsoo hyung aren’t really picky eaters.

The bus ride was about an hour and most of it was spent in silence, not that Sehun or Luhan have minded. They have always been fond of quiet and serenity. After all, they have found each other as they sought solitude in the woods that loomed behind their university.

Sehun was content to spend the ride with Luhan leaning on him and resting his head on his shoulder. The elder has mentioned that he particularly likes Sehun’s broad shoulders. He has said that they make him feel secure and safe.

That may have motivated Sehun to go to the gym more and work on his shoulders.

They got off the bus, hand in hand. Sehun pulled his phone out to check the directions for their meeting place. He clicked on the maps app and keyed in the name of the restaurant. After memorizing the few turns that will get them there, he faced his boyfriend who has grown eerily quiet.

“Han?” he called him, tugging on their joined hands. Luhan faced him with a pout, visibly sulking.

Worried, Sehun pulled the other closer h the waist and kept his hand curled on Luhan’s hip. “Are you feeling sick? Do you want to go back?”

“No, no!” Luhan protested but he pressed more against Sehun’s side. “Don’t mind me. I’m just not good with new places. Besides, you’ve been wanting to see your friends.”

“But you are my top priority…”

Luhan cut-off his reasoning with a small reassuring smile. “Don’t worry too much, Sehunnie. I’m good. I’ll be okay, I promise.”

Sehun learned quickly in the five whole months that they have known each other that he simply can’t say no to Luhan. And the situation is not much different from all the times that Luhan has coaxed him to do something.

In the end, the two of them arrived in the restaurant a few minutes past the agreed time. Kyungsoo has thankfully managed to get a reservation and they were quickly ushered towards the booth where Sehun could see the top of Jongin’s head.

He could recognize the bastard even when his hair color is wide, what more since it seemed like he has dyed it back to black. Luhan still seemed to be uneasy so Sehun pulled him to kiss his forehead for comfort.

“They’ll love you, you know,” Sehun whispered on Luhan’s temple.

“I sure hope so, Sehunnie.”

They’ve approached a bit slow for Sehun’s liking but when they have reached the table, he was filled with excitement. Jongin and Kyungsoo still looked the same and it gave Sehun waves of nostalgia that he didn’t know he was capable of. He opened his mouth to tell them how much he missed them but Luhan has beaten him to it.

“So you are the one that’s causing that god-awful smell?” he spoke up incredulously. Confused, Sehun looked around to where his boyfriend is facing, only to see

Kyungsoo glaring at his boyfriend and Jongin holding him down, or something.

“That’s rich, coming from you leaving glitters around, you little sparkler,” Kyungsoo spat with hate.

Nothing made sense to Sehun. Why would Luhan say that his friends smell? And why would his lovable Kyungsoo hyung looked like he is ready to murder Sehun’s boyfriend with lasers from his eyes?

Luhan even made it worse when he eyed Kyungsoo from head to toe with contempt in his usually shining eyes. “I wouldn’t really talk about being small, pup…”

“Alright!” Sehun cut through. Kyungsoo is starting to scare him with the snarling and growling. Luhan stayed standing indignantly and smug like he has won something. What the is going on?

“Will someone explain this to me?” Sehun looked at each of the three. “Do you happen to know Kyungsoo hyung, Han?”

Luhan snapped his head towards him, looking a little betrayed. “They are you friends? You are friends with a mutt?!”

Kyungsoo shot up his seat, pushing Jongin out of his personal space forcibly. The latter scrambled back to latch on his boyfriend with eyes that doesn’t really reflect fear. They look more worried and Sehun is just getting more confused by the second.

“I don’t know what that sparkles has told you, Sehun, but he isn’t all what you think he is. He might just be playing with you, just like the likes of him.”
In a flash, Kyungsoo was out of the restaurant while Jongin stopped beside Sehun, looking torn on what to do. His head whipped back and forth to the doors where his boyfriend has exited and towards his bestfriend who was lost.

And then he spoke up.

“I don’t know what made you act rudely to my mate when he has done nothing wrong,” Jongin started, looking down at Luhan with heavy disappointment. Even Sehun felt like he was being scolded too.

“But he didn’t deserve to be called out like that, especially in public. You should understand this better between the three of us,” he continued and patted Sehun’s shoulder. “It would’ve been nice to see you again, Sehun, but I think you and your boyfriend should talk. I have mine to calm down.”

Jongin was out in a blink and Sehun felt like crying. Jongin very rarely gets angry but when he does, it would make you feel lacking and that you deserve to have gotten angry at. His feelings were indeed justifiable when it was Luhan who started it all.

Sehun has always respected Luhan’s privacy because that is what Luhan does for him as well. He has never asked Luhan why he would always go to the woods. He has never asked why he hasn’t been to his boyfriend’s house when Sehun has always opened his for him. He has never asked why Luhan has not introduced him to his family yet. He has never asked him about how in depth his knowledge is of history, as if he has seen it happen with his own eyes.

But what has just happened can’t be brushed off. It can’t be turned a blind eye on.

“Luhan, that was uncalled for,” Sehun was able to finally manage a whisper. “Did Kyungsoo hyung do something to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter