—fin—

those cute things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ARGH! CAN'T YOU TWO JUST SHUT UP?! I'M TIRED!” Mark suddenly blurted out of the blue, as the two boys beside him can't stop from giggling and whispering such sweet things. To be honest, for Mark, they don't looked cute. They were annoying boyfriends who don't have enough money to buy their own presents for each other--- but that was only a joke. 

He scoffed. “Dear Mark hyung, why so bitter? Just admit it~” Jeno laughed loud at what his boyfriend, Jaemin, said. Well, it's true, Mark's always bitter whenever he saw some couples hanging around doing cute things. Mark always insisted that he don't like cute things so he don't like couples too. “Yada yada, I always say that I'm not bitter, I just hate those things like that. So eww.”

The two laughed at what he said, “Nah. Just admit it. You're bitter. Admit it~” Jeno said, he jabbed Mark on his ribs with his elbow. The oldest of the three winced in pain and he jabbed Jeno too, on his stomach. Jeno just sticked his tongue out on him and hugged Jaemin more. “I will not admit anything. I didn't even have something to admit. Psh. Just stop bothering me.” 

“You said so. Bitter.” Jaemin whispered the last part, as he saw Mark glaring at him like he going to made a hole in his poor skeleton body. The blonde boy, Jeno, just kissed his boyfriend to stop the brunette haired male in teasing the oldest of them. Mark made a disgusted face and covered his eyes with the pillow on his lap. “Kids, it's time for lunch.” Ten, the Lee brothers' mother, walked outside the kitchen with his apron on. 

Mark groaned at what his mother said, “Mom, we're not kids anymore.” Ten just made face at him. He walked towards Jeno and pinched the blonde boy's cheeks. “You three and your other friends are still kids for me though, Markeu-yah. Right Jeno? Jaemin?” Jeno can't do anything but to nod. He can't argue with their Mom about this. Jaemin shrugged. The black haired boy just face palmed. 

They all went to the dining room, surprisingly, their father was there before them. All of the plates and foods were organized. “Oh, Taeyong.” Ten murmured then went to the other's side and sat on the chair. The three teens also took their seats and all of them started to eat. Jeno suddenly started a conversation. “Mom, Mark hyung really .” 

Mark pointed his fork at Jeno while his brother just chuckled. That threat from Mark ain't gonna work at the latter. “Oh. I know. He and his father really . They have the same likes and dislikes. They don't even like cute things. What the hell.” His brother and mother high fived while he and his father just snorted. Jaemin laughed. “Ten, just.... stop about that.” Taeyong murmured while massaging his temples. Ten chuckled and kissed Taeyong on the cheek.

“Just stating a fact. Psh.” He said. They continued to eat after that. Jaemin being the talkative and loudest, as if he was being adopted by Ten and he's living in their house. Mark just shook his head.  

All of them were donne eating, washing the dishes, and placed the utensils to it's right place. The three were back at the living room, watching some movies Jeno picked. Their mother and father went out for a while, saying that they will just buy some ingredients for their dinner. “Noje, can I sleep over here? For a week? My parents are gonna be out of the country for a week. I don't want to be alone at house.” The brunette pouted while Jeno nodded and laid his head on Jaemin's lap.

"Sure, Nana. Your house is just across ours so I'll go with you later and we'll get some clothes for you.” Mark just ignored those two. He's really annoyed (maybe bitter). He looked at his cellphone, seeing that it was 2 pm. He'll just go to the mall maybe. He stood up. The two looked at him, confused. 

“I'll go to the mall. Wanna go too?” He asked, Jaemin looked at Jeno and his boyfriend nodded. “Sure!” The youngest exclaimed. Mark will surely regret that he asked this two to go with him in the mall. Jeno and Jaemin went first to the Jaemin's house to fetch the clothes while Mark showered.

He went out of the bathroom, fully dressed with what he chose to wear and he saw the couple getting ready. Well, they said that they took a bath already. Not together, oh shush. “So, come on?” Jeno asked. 

 

Mark walked around the mall, Jeno and Jaemin separated from him because they'll go to the Arcade. Mark sighed in relief. He went to a clothing shop, he looked around for a shirt that will suit his taste. After searching, he decided to buy a shirt, similar to what his father owned. Well, like father, like son. That's what they were. He finally stepped out of the shop and looked around. He's hungry.

He saw a nearby cake shop. It was a cake shop with animals inside, like, you could bring your pets there. You can buy some food for your pet there, too. “Whatever. I'm hungry so I'll just buy and take it out.” He murmured. He, of course, went to the shop.

Many and cats dogs stared on him, as he walked on the center through the cashier. Some customers looked at him too. “Hi Sir! Welcome to the Sun and Moon Pastries! What's your order?” A male around (he thought) his age shouted, but the guy was facing his back on him. How did he know that he was about to order? The guy faced on him. 

“Oh my ing gosh.” The guy whispered, fortunately, Mark didn't heard him and just looked up to see what he can buy. “Omg. Omg. Jaemin is right, he's really handsome in real life.” He whispered again. He looked at the other's figure. Now that he had the chance to see Mark in real, why not stare right? 

Mark cleared his throat and told the guy his order, while still looking up, he wanted a drink too. “Uhm. Mocha Sun please. One piece.” 

“Also, a Moon Choco Frappe.” He added. Finally, he looked down and met the eyes of the male in front of him. The boy behind the counter was wearing a puppy ears headband. Mark just couldn't leave his eyes on the other. This was the first time that he liked seeing a cute thing. He can say that, the guy was cute too. Mark Lee, what are you thinking?! 

Both were just stuck on their places. Until the guy on the counter went back to his conciousness and just faked his cough. He wrote Mark's order on the paper he found in the counter. “U-Uh, sure sir. You can sit anywhere you want and I'll just find you to give what you ordered.” Mark nodded and he sat on the nearest seat on the door. 

After a while, the guy gave him his order. "See you again sir!” He greeted and bowed to Mark. The black haired boy bowed too, and shook their hands. “Thank you.” He left the shop with a smile.

 

“JAEMIN! MARK WENT TO OUR SHOP FEW HOURS AGO! I CAN'T, HE'S HANDSOME IN REAL! THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING HIM TO ME! OMFG!” Donghyuck, we knew as the cashier boy who Mark thought that was cute, shouted at his phone. His heard his bestfriend winced over the phone and cursed him at the loud voice he let out. “Welcome. I can say that you only stared at him.” Donghyuck just giggled.

Well, this craziness Donghyuck had on Mark started when Jaemin send a picture of the latter, saying that he's Jeno's brother. He stalked Mark too and even plead on Jaemin to give Mark's phone number but he never dared to message him. “Oh, I heard from Dad a while ago that you'll transfer on our school?” Jaemin asked. 

“Yes! Well, the shop has been doing well lately and Mom didn't want me to go back on our province to study so he decided to enroll me there!” He explained. He's happy, well, who wouldn't? Mark's studying there too so take the chance.

His mother knocked on his bedroom's door. “Hyuck, come down now. Dinner's ready.” He put his phone down, stood up from his bed and took steps to his door. He opened it and walked with his mother, Taeil, down the stairs and to the dining room. Tomorrow will be his first day in Jaemin's school and so far, he's excited. He will surely enjoy on going to school this time.

 

“He's not cute, he's not cute, he's not cute.” Mark continuously murmured under his breath. He was laying on his bed, while his arms under his head. “Why do I always think about his smile?! Urgh! Mark Lee! Stop thinking that he's cute! He's not cute and you hate cute things!” He shouted and smacked the pillow on his face. He hates cute things, for a long time, yet this guy who wore puppy ears headband just took his hate away from it! He can't really believe himself. 

He groaned and kicked his feet in the air. He sulked on the way he really liked the most. His phone beeped, it was a massaged from his friend, Renjun. “Ugh. Just a selfie with Jisung and Chenle. What the heck.”  He threw the phone on his pillow.

 

--

 

Mark was already ready and set for another day in school. The two were probably flirting on Jeno's room. He went down of the stairs and searched for their mother. Maybe he'll just go first. “Mom, I'll go now!” He shouted.

He rode his bike to go to their school. Well, it wasn't that far away and it wasn't that near too. Just average so he always bring his bike to save money. He didn't want to ride a bus. He saw a couple near him with a dog. His face scrunched, and looked away. A girl on the bench was wearing a headband with a cat ears. He thought of the cute boy in the cake shop. He shook his head. “ those cute things.”

He parked his bike and locked it onto the metal there. He fixed his bag and walked through their room. “Markeu-yaaaaaaa! Cute! Cuteeeeee!” The first thing he've encountered on the morning from his friend, Chenle, after he stepped his feet on their room. Chenle pinched his cheeks.

“I'm not cute, Chenle.” He said, he removed Chenle's fingers from his cheeks and sat on his seat. Jisung and Renjun sat beside him on both sides. “Hey, Mark hyung, there was this news that a new boy will join our class.” Renjun exclaimed, he let Chenle sat on his lap while Jisung on his side as glaring on the two. He didn't want to be left out so he sat beside Renjun and held Chenle's hand. 

“Aish. These three.” Mark murmured and just sat there, not minding the three who was being all cute and sweet in his side. Later on, Jaemin and Jeno came with their hands intertwined. “Why are they like this?” He asked himself, more on a whisper type. The two sat behind him. The seat where Jisung sat earlier was empty and he didn't know who will sit there.

The teacher came, with the said new boy and Mark was still facing his notebook that had many doodles. "Class! Quiet!” The whole class became quiet. Mark looked up, didn't expect that he will see the boy on the cake shop. Oh . “Go now, Donghyuck. Introduce yourself.” Their teacher said.

The boy cleared his throat and blurted out his introduction. “Hi everyone! I'm Lee Donghyuck, please treat me well!” His smile became so good into Mark's eyes. Really, what the heck was happening to him? Jeno poked his side while Jaemin smirked. “Hyung, he will melt if you continue that stare.” 

“Damn.” That's what all Mark can say. Their teacher gestured to seat, while Donghyuck was still puzzled. He was looking everywhere, to find a chair that was not occupied. Well, it is a fortune that he found one and he's really lucky. Why? Because the chair he found was beside Mark. He walked through it and sat on the chair. He can't contain his feelings, he looked at Jaemin who just smiled wide at him. He looked at Mark, “Hi! I'm Donghyuck, hope we can be friends!” His lips curved up, showing his pearly white teeth. Mark just stared back at him. “. He's really cute.” He heard the other whispered. 

“I'm cute? Thank you, can we be boyfriends-- friends. Oops. Sorry. Hehehe.” He took Mark's hand on his desk and shook it. The two behind them laughed low at what he said. They knew that he have feelings for Mark. He needed to suppress it though. 

“U-Uh? Did I say that? N-Nice to meet you, D-Donghyuck.” It felt like heaven for him, when Mark said his name. He tried not to squeal but to no avail, he let it out. Their classmates stared at him, as well as their teacher. “Donghyuck? Why did you squeal?” The boy just blushed and shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter