final

Hot chocolate

Jimin hates the tastes of sweet beverages, actually, he doesn’t hate the sweet taste he just hates the bitter aftertaste that lingers on his throat for a long time, no matter how much he drinks water the taste wouldn’t be gone for a long time.

For Jimin, Jungkook was a hot chocolate.

He loves chocolate, no matter how much he hates the bitter aftertaste, he still loves chocolate more.

Jungkook was something like chocolate to him, sweet, yet leaving a bitter aftertaste that seems to never go away no matter how many times Jimin tried to get rid of it.

He knew Jungkook was nothing but a big problem in his life, he knew that one day he will be left alone with nothing but a bitter heartache that he will have to suffer alone, but still, how could he resist Jungkook’s doe eyes who was staring at him full of excitement, his sweet smile that lures him more and more into his charming self.

On a day like this, where Jimin has nothing to do other than laying on his bed and thinking about how happy would he be if Jungkook was still on his side, he would probably be hugging Jimin’s waist and laying his head on his chest, forcing Jimin to watch how messy his hair looked like after waking up.

It hurts, it really does.

But Jungkook left a year ago and the pain has gone numb now.

Jimin doesn’t think much of it, he just let the memory pass by and embraces a little sting on his heart.

Maybe what they said was right, those who still remember are those who felt the most of the loss.

Because even after twelve months, Jimin still remember how Jungkook’s laugh sounds like, it sounds like a nostalgic song that you used to listen when you were a kid, it sounds calming, and somehow it makes your inside feels warm that you can’t help but to smile along to the sound of his laughs.

Jimin still remember how Jungkook’s hugs felt like, sometimes it feels like wearing your favorite sweater in the middle of winter with a cup of warm tea in your hand, it feels comfortable and warm.

Other times, his hugs felt like having your first kiss with your first love, it makes your heart beats so fast, it felt intimate and warm.

Warm, like a hot chocolate who leave nothing but a bitter taste in his mouth.

“You really need to stop thinking about him, you know,” Taehyung once told him.

Jimin knows that he needs to forget about the man who left him, and he tried, oh god did he tried.

“Your works are so on point, it showcase the raw pain of a heartbreak really well,” a friend of him once said after they read Jimin’s second book, celebrating the loss.

Jimin just shrugs and smiles bashfully at the praise, he doesn’t really want to tell people who is his muse, who is the person behind every poetry that he wrote, about the person that breaks his heart yet keep his heart going. He’s scared that if he tells other people about Jungkook they will fell in love with him as well, and he doesn’t want that to happen.

After spending a straight three hours laying on his bed listening to some soft song that’s talking about finding a lost love and trying not to imagine how it would be if he find Jungkook again, Jimin decide to start his day.

By starting his day he meant washing his face and brushing his teeth before flopping his on the couch in front of the television.

Today is Sunday and Jungkook’s favorite cartoon is playing, he used to complain about how Jungkook loved cartoon too much for his age back when they are still together, Jimin always try to snatch the remote from his hand because there is a travelling show on another channel and Jimin would rather see a beautiful place to go to rather than a cat robot who can use magic tools that comes out of his belly pocket.

Jimin minds goes to wonder again as he watch the simple cartoon, how nice it would be if he could have one of those magic tools and bring Jungkook back to his life, it was an impossible wish but its fun to imagine amazing things happening to his life.

Jimin has stopped crying three months after Jungkook left, its like all the tears in his eyes has been dried out.

It felt so cold and bitter without Jungkook laying his head on his shoulder on Sunday morning, complaining about how his week went.

His stories were mostly contain complains and sassy remarks, which Jimin finds cute and adorable.

Sometimes he still wished that his story and Jungkook doesn’t end so fast.

With a lazy step Jimin drags himself to the kitchen to make a cup of hot chocolate, he missed the taste of Jungkook and hot chocolate was the nearest thing that reminds him of Jungkook’s warmth.

So he sip on his hot chocolate ever so slowly, not because he is scared of the burnt but because he wanted his chocolate to stay in his cup for a long time, even after it gets cold.

He wished he did the same to Jungkook.