Chapter 2: Sincerity

Cousins for Reel

"I don't care that I'm the only one to do the talking, as long as starting today I will not make you feel that your alone, I will never let you to be alone anymore."
--

 

 


"Let's go to school together!" His cousin chirped beside him. He was halfway finish on tying his shoelaces when Jimin joined him on the porch, starting to put on his shoes.

 

Yoongi still ignores him but the boy doesn't stop on talking to him. It's been two weeks since the playground incident and Yoongi though that Jimin will eventually stop. 

 

"Wait for me." Jimin hurriedly said as he tied his shoe laces.

 

"Enjoy your day boys!" His aunt waved them both goodbye, smilling widely as she saw the two boys walking together.

 

"Look! The sky is so beautiful, ahhhh what a beautiful day." Jimin continued to ramble about everything but still Yoongi pretends that he doesn't hear anything. He walks few steps ahead the younger because he doesn't want to look at him and maybe will say something. 

 

 

---

 

 

"Bye, see you at lunch!" Yoongi heard Jimin say, as the younger entered his classroom. Yoongi's room is above Jimin's room because his a year younger.

 

He will be lying if he say that Jimin's persisntence on talking to him is annoying. No. The truth is, it made him happy. It makes him feel that he was seen, that he's still visible aside from his aunt and uncle. Since that day, where Jimin started talking to him, Yoongi starts to look forward what will happen on his day. What would Jimin will talk about. The only thing that's stopping Yoongi from replying to Jimin is that he was afraid. He's afraid that he might say something bad. Because Yoongi knows how unfiltered his words are. He knows that he doesn't hate Jimin but he hates the life what Jimin have, and with that maybe it will lead to Yoongi blurting hurtful words to the boy.

 

Yoongi is aware how precious Jimin is, he can see the way Jimin's friends takes care of him. He can see on the way his aunt looked at Jimin like he is the most shining person in the world. So Yoongi opted to ignore the boy, afraid of tainting him.

 

Also he is certain that one of these days, Jimin will get tired and will eventually stop. Eventhough Yoongi is afraid for that day to come, he can't help but to only prepare himself. Because at the end of the day, he deserves the isolation.

 

 

---

 

 

Like the other day, Yoongi is sitting under the shade of a tree of the school's garden. He preferred on eating his lunch here than to eat in the canteen where a lots of people who will just looked at him intensely because he was sitting alone. Yoongi likes how quite this place is compared the inside of the school's facilities. In this place, he has the time to think and remember his mother. The serenity of the place made Yoongi think the old times where everything was filled of sunshine and rainbows. This place is Yoongi's escape of the dark reality where he has no one because his mother left him.

 

"You're here early." He heard Jimin said. And as always, he remained uninterseted.

 

"Have you done eating? Yah! Why didn't you wait for me." Jimin whined while opening his lunch box which is very much like as Yoongi's.

 

Yoongi just looked at the sky above, contented on listening to Jimin's blabber about his friends. His alone time may have been interrupted but Yoongi still loves this, he loves listening to Jimin's stories about how stupid this Hoseok and Taehyung is. Listening the stories about this guys made him wonder what is the feeling of having friends? True, Jimin have what Yoongi didn't. Friends and Family, the things that Yoongi was curious about yet he knows he will never have.

 

Yoongi remembered that he once had a friend, his name was Namjoon. They were inseparable back then, they always have sleep overs at each others place, they always sneak out their house during nap time just to play. Yoongi was very happy to have Namjoon on his life, heck he can't imagine a life without Namjoon before. But then one day, Namjoon and his family went overseas because his father got assigned in their. He clearly remembered how much he cried when he bid goodbye to his bestfriend. The only best friend he ever had. And now, life without his bestfriend and mother is plain black and white to Yoongi, it's like he can't see colors because the people who once gave colors to his life left him alone, alone to face the cruel world.

 

"You know that were always here for you right?" Those words from Jimin, brought Yoongi back to reality. How mature is this boy, to say things like that? "I know you think that your alone in this world but it's not true, I'm here for you, Mama and Papa is here for you. And Auntie Jessica, he might be physically not here but she's always in your heart." Jimin said full of sincerity that Yoongi can't help but looked at the boys eyes.

 

"So please, I hope you will start to open up and break that wall you've built, because everyone is here for you. You're not alone."

 

Yoongi averted his eyes away from Jimin, somehow those words, warmed up Yoongi. It gaves him hope and assurance that he is not alone. Yoongi tried his best to ignore the feeling but he knows its too late, Jimin's warm words have already crept to his mind long ago, back then when Jimin first talked to him at the playground.

 

"I know." He replied, eyes darting everywhere but Jimin.

 


--
"You know that were always here for you right?"
--

 

 

 

 

A/N
Hi guys, it's been so long since the last update. I know that my apologies are aren't enough, but still, I'm sorry. As you can notice, the words from the prolouge were starting appear. This means, that were near to the drama! Welllllll, please drop your comments!

 

Btw, I'll be having my internship for two months so it's possible that I can't update again. But I promise you guys that after this internship, which means I am free from school works, I will update regularly since my first book is nearly finished. So hang on guys!

 

Sangyekyun 💫