new kid

School

 

"Hyuk, how's your new school? Do you like it there?" Hyuk's mom asked Hyuk when they were having breakfast that morning. His mom was supposed to asked that question last month, since it's been one month since he stepped into this whole new world.

 

His parents get divorced, and so Hyuk had to be separated with his father and his sister. They did the arrangement - where Hyuk live with his mother whiles his sister live with his father. Hyuk was okay about it, though sometimes he would miss his dad and sister. I'll be okay. It's gonna be okay. He said to himself repeatedly.

 

It's not like he hate his mother, but his mother are always too busy. To be frank, this morning was actually the first time that he and his mother get to eat together after they moved in. He actually was shocked to see his mother in the kitchen this morning.

 

It's past seven and Hyuk still has another twenty minutes before school starts. It usually take about thirteen minutes walking to school, but today his mom going to send him so he'll save five minutes from that.

 

Back to the question. How was school?

 

His classmates are crazy. Or he would say, fun? He guess.

 

The class rep named Cha Hakyeon. Hyuk's first impression on him was he looks kind. He's all smiley and he talks politely with the teacher. He's someone you would say the teacher's pet or something. But after two days observing Cha Hakyeon. He's sure he made a wrong judgement. Cha Hakyeon doesn't really talk when the teachers not around. He gave that 'don't disturb me' vibe. He likes touching people, but people can't touch him. He gets worked up when someone touches him. He wears a long-sleeved uniform at school. Hyuk once saw Hakyeon's body when they changed their uniform for P.E class. Hakyeon's body was.... full of scars. Hyuk couldn't stop himself from staring. "Oh, this? My aunt enjoys beating me up" Hakyeon talked when he saw Hyuk stared him. He casually lifted his shirt, showing a red burn mark at his stomach, "this is the newest, she used my uncle's cigarettes" Hakyeon explained and chuckled after that. Hyuk just nodded his head, didn't want to ask more. Eventually he learnt that Hakyeon live with his cruel aunt and that Hakyeon was so used being treated that way that he didn't care about it anymore.

 

Then he met Taekwoon. Taekwoon was really..... silent. Hyuk didn't even know if that boy talks, because have never heard his voice even once. He have a cat-eye like eyes and he always stares people. Hyuk had caught Taekwoon staring at him for several times. To be honest, it was uncomfortable at first, but Wonshik told him that if Taekwoon stared him that means Taekwoon like him. Taekwoon wouldn't even glance at him if Taekwoon hate him. Hyuk felt relieved after awhile. It's a good thing, right? At least Taekwoon didn't hate him, even if that boy stared like he's going to kill Hyuk without a reason. Hyuk not going to be killed, right?

 

After a week being in the class, Hyuk spotted an unfamiliar face. It's the cute guy that rarely came to class (Hongbin told him). Hyuk observed him, that cute boy. He is cute. Whatever he do, he looks cute. Hyuk can't even explained how, but he is. One day Jaehwan (the cute boy's name) caught Hyuk staring at him.. The boy glared Hyuk and scream his lungs out "WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME? WHAT DO YOU WANT?". He screamed a few more sentences indicating that he hates being stared at and only calm down when Wonshik came to explained. Hyuk comes to know that the cute boy has some anger management issues and he can't really control his temper. He gets annoyed easily. He gets mad without a reason, sometimes. But still, he's cute. Hyuk can't stop thinking that guy is cute.

 

Wonshik sat right in front of Hyuk's seat. Hyuk would say that Wonshik was really manly. His voice are husky and very manly, he have abs even when he's only 15. One thing Hyuk noticed about Wonshik was, he's always sleeping. He sleeps right when the teacher started to teach. The teacher doesn't seems to bother about it though. He never get scolded for sleeping in classes. Wonshik would only be awake during P.E, music class and recess time. Hyuk don't know what's the point Wonshik came to school if all he do is sleeping. He should have go back home, sleeping on his bed instead. But Hyuk didn't point that out. It's rude for him to ask that.

 

Hyuk's deskmate was the most handsome guy Hyuk ever meet in his life. Hyuk think that the god may had put a little more work when creating the man next to him. He's unbelievably handsome and Hyuk would felt like potato when he's next to him. It's not fair! Hyuk thoughts. But the handsome boy named Hongbin has such a nice heart -even sometimes Hongbin love to give everyone a judging look-, Hyuk can't help but to like him. He helps Hyuk with science because Hyuk struggled a bit in that subject and Hongbin somehow was as smart as he look. He's also the one who showed Hyuk around the school ; where's the cafeteria, toilet etc. Sometimes Hongbin like to give Hyuk a judging face when Hyuk didn't eat his vegetable. It's annoying, really. Hyuk felt like wanted to punch Hongbin's pretty face everytime he made that face. But still, Hongbin has a nice heart.

 

Hyuk smiled thinking about his new classmates. It's gonna be fun this year.

 

"School was fun!" Hyuk told his mom. His mom smiled softly and ruffled Hyuk's hair lovingly, "that's good to hear"