Chapter 1

I Hate You
Finally updated~ Okay, sadly (?) this will not be an one-shot. Probably longer than I expected but well, it's okay right? I hope you guys will like it. And I need to apologize. I am sorry Sunggyu is such a jerk here.
I'm trying for short but frequent (?) updates. Or do you perfer long but not as frequent ones?

Irritation.

          That is the only word that can be used to describe how Kim Sunggyu is feeling at the moment. Irritated. Or perhaps annoyed. But, why? The reason is simple. Because his younger step-brother, Kim freaking Myungsoo is sitting at their couch and lazily watching TV. Now, it is not because that is Sunggyu’s couch or anything, or is it because what he is watching is simply boring and Sunggyu see no point in the show, but merely because Sunggyu cannot, and by cannot he meant, absolutely unable to, stand the younger. And why is that? Well, Sunggyu himself does not know either. He just simply hates the mere sight of his younger step-brother.

         Sunggyu did not have the best of days as his made a mistake at work and his boss had severely scolded him and his paycheck was cut. And coming home just to see his younger brother first and foremost just made his mood even more sullen. It was not because the 16 year old Sunggyu found it unfair that he was already working a job while his 13 year old brother was home enjoying his sweet day by resting and watching television. That was not why he hated the boy. Sunggyu was just the same if not worst when he was 13 as he was one of the most troublesome teen out there that constantly rebelled or went against his parents. So really, that was no reason at all to hate or to show distaste toward the innocent younger brother who in fact was a really good kid that never caused any sort of trouble. But really, Sunggyu just hated him. Why? No reason at all.

         With that said, the older finally stepped into the living room from where he was standing. Which was actually by the doorway the entire time. And when he was close enough to the sofa where the younger was cuddle into, he deliberately cleared his throat loudly being sure that he can be heard even from a good 10 meter away. The reason for that? Just because he wanted to and found the need to announce to the younger boy that his older brother was home. Just because Sunggyu found the need to have the younger acknowledge his presence and greet him with respect. Just because Sunggyu was cruel and wanted to see the younger flustered. And flustered the younger boy was.

         As soon as Sunggyu made a noise to clear his throat, Kim Myungsoo instantly shot up from where he was curled into the soft leather and turned around to look at the older with an extremely startled look. Before he stared down at his feet.

        “H-Hyung, y-you’re home.” The younger stuttered as he kept head down in a bow. And when Sunggyu hummed in response Myungsoo glanced a peak up at him. But when their eyes met Sunggyu glared gratingly at the boy who then immediately looked down again and stared at his toes. He was now also fiddling with his fingers as he nervously fidgeted from one foot to another under Sunggyu’s glare. The older smirked in victory for causing the younger to act so flustered.

          “What were you doing?” He asked in cold and stern tone. The younger instantly and easily flinching at his voice.

           “I…W-watching television.” Myungsoo stammered in a soft tone, still keeping his head low and avoiding looking at Sunggyu’s eyes. He was afraid that if he simply even looked at the older Sunggyu will immediately lash out at him for even do as much as raise his head. Instead, he kept on twiddling with his fingers in nervousness and fear. Sunggyu raised his eyebrows.

           “I can’t hear you. And why aren’t you looking at me in the eyes? Are you disrespecting me right now Kim Myungsoo?” The older demanded in a firm tone and internally smirked when Myungsoo’s head instantly snapped upward to stare at him with wide scared eyes.

“N-no.” The boy bit down on his lips. And perhaps Sunggyu even spotted some wetness at the edges of the younger’s eyes. But did he care? Not at all.

           “Okay. Whatever.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes with perfectly acted-out irritation that effortlessly caused the younger to shrink in on himself, making himself look even smaller than his already tiny frame. Sunggyu did not feel not even one ounce of remorse or guilt for causing the younger to be so terrified that he was literally shaking, seemingly appearing as a hurt cornered animal. Rather, Sunggyu felt an indescribable satisfaction and pride for turning Myungsoo into a state like that.

         Myungsoo fiddled with his fingers a bit more, hesitating, before he dared himself to look up at his brother again. “H-Hyung, would you like anything to e-eat?”

        Sunggyu frowned at him, furrowing his eyebrows an extra mile just because he wanted the younger to feel even more terrified. “Hah? What?” And just as expected, Myungsoo welled up even more and it was obvious that the boy was about to cry any minute.

        “I-… W-would you like anything to eat? I-I can cook dinner.” Myungsoo whimpered as he tried to keep his tears in, knowing that he will only make his older brother angrier at him if he cried.

        Sunggyu scoffed and smiled darkly at the boy. Making sure to look straight into the younger eyes with amused callousness he exclaimed in mockery. “Cook? So that you can kill me? Who knows if your cooking is even edible, for all I know you can dump poison in my food and kill me.” Sunggyu knows that Myungsoo was incapable of doing something as malicious as that as the younger boy was a very kind being but does Sunggyu care? No. All that matters is that he can hurt Myungsoo and make the poor innocent soul cry. In fact, Myungsoo is a very good cook but that does not matter to Sunggyu at all.

        “N-no! O-of course not!” Myungsoo blurted out alarmed as he looked up at his brother but dropped his head once again as he whispered. “I-I would never do s-something like t-that.” Myungsoo was taken aback that that was how his older stepbrother viewed him. His brother thought of him as someone who was capable of poisoning and killing someone. Myungsoo does not understand exactly why Sunggyu thought of him in such a negative way as he simply cannot remember once that he has hurt the older boy.

        “Tsk.” Sunggyu clicked his tongue annoyed. He heard what Myungsoo mumbled to himself and he knows that it was true but Kim Sunggyu was Kim unreasonable Sunggyu so he was always right and everyone in the world but Myungsoo is always right. “Man, you’re so annoying. Why am I even here wasting my precious time on someone as worthless and annoying as you.” With that, Sunggyu his heels and walked toward the staircase.

        Myungsoo stood there quietly as he finally let his tears escape his eyes. He does not understand. He just do not understand why Sunggyu hated him so much. Why Sunggyu treated him as if he was the plague. Why Sunggyu found him annoying when Myungsoo never even attempted to bother him. Myungsoo did everything by myself and also did as much as he could for the family so he just cannot understand why Sunggyu does not like him but detested him. It was like this from the start. Even when Myungsoo first moved into the Kim family at the age of 5 Sunggyu already loathed his existence. It was only their first meeting but already, Sunggyu showed his dislike.

         Sunggyu was at the bottom of the staircase when he heard the soft whimpers and sniffles coming from Myungsoo. He only glanced back to where the younger was and came to sight with the boy standing in the same spot trying to muffle his cries. He was supposed to feel bad and remorseful for making his pure younger brother cry especially since he has not done anything bad but Sunggyu did not feel anything. Not even a pull of his heart or a jab. Instead, he turned towards the boy.

        “Can’t you shut up? It’s seriously annoying acting all pitiful and crying. What a freaking crybaby. Did you think I will apologize and come over to hug you and cuddle you up when all I am saying is the truth? Seriously, stop being so pathetic and cry over every little thing. It’s freaking aggravating.” When he finished saying what he needed, Sunggyu turned around without a glance back to Myungsoo and proceeded to walk up the stairs to his room.

          Myungsoo could only stay where he was at and muffle his growing cries as his older brother’s words repeat in his head like a broken radio.


So...how was it? I would really like some feedback! So please do leave comments about how you feel about the story so far!
And to those who don't mind following my sad pathetic instagram and has not followed me yet, my name is nsh_kah
Once again, thank you very much for reading my stories and supporting them! We should definitely become friends. If you don't mind and would like to that is.