001 [alt title : never trust children]

GAMING @ SAPPHIRE INTERNET CAFÉ.
     
8:23 PM
“You’d think they’d hire the adults for the night shift, have you seen the type of people that come in here after dark? Shouldn’t trust them, especially since it’s not your shift tonight and Scott took the shift off as well.”
“I wouldn’t say that, they’re stuck with Momo.”
“... True.”
The two women stared at the rowdy group of teenagers, who were in the middle of preparing for the said night shift. An incredibly short girl stood behind the front desk, still dressed in her school uniform with the exception of a black sweater to cover the school’s crest, adjusting her pink lip tint with a seemingly neutral expression. Compared to the short girl; a boy not much older, towered over her with his round glasses threatening to fall off his nose bridge and hair as unkempt as ever accompanied with a dead look. The last person simply stood next to the building’s mini cafe, dressed in a printed tee with some terrible english with a playful look spotted in his eyes. A terrible shift was ready to commence.
The blonde girl gave a hefty sigh, “Shinha, the question is: do you trust them?”
“Of course Yeoreum, they know how to work the cafe by themselves… I’m sure of it.”
8:29 PM
“So who’s manning the front desk?”
“There are two seats.”
“Who’s gonna’ greet the customers? I want to it this time-”
“We’ll do it in turns.”
“Are you sure? Mr. Kim says I should greet the guests as my job because-”
Mr. Kim believes that everyone is good enough the greet the guests. Now sit down, our shift is about to start and I don’t want to hear you whine again.”
Wei Changmo drawls as the girl huffs, arms crossed as she took her seat at the front desk, “I get to greet the first customer, okay?”
“Yeah. Whatever.” 
8:45 PM
Yeoreum didn’t waste a second after Shinha had left the building for god knows what reason (‘To get Chino’s medicine from the vet, someone had been feeding him sultanas. Thank god he's okay but still better than sorry!’) and began her walk upstairs to the shared apartment above. Admittedly weren’t many people living there, due most of the workers being students either still in highschool, university or had the pleasure of having an actual home. Since the PC Bang was quite generous in space, fortunately the second floor rooms were large enough to house multiple people including a large living space slash study and a decent kitchenette (not to mention a nice bathroom with running hot water). It was enough to live off for broke young adults. She paused as she unlocked the second floor door, something which all employees have, as she heard the television playing.
“You’re watching anime? Huh, weeb.”
The man lounging on the couch turned towards the blonde girl, his eyes drooping and mouth twisted into a scowl as he paused the TV which a press of the remote, stopping the episode of ‘kuzu no honkai’.
“You’re one to talk, yellow-head.” He paused as Yeoreum came closer and motioned to his hair, “You should really start to use olaplex or something, it’s starting to get neon up there.”
“Har-har-har,” She plopped onto the sofa, “I will if July offers me some of hers.”
“Why’d you have to bring her into this?”
“Well Scotty,” (“It’s just Scott, blondie.”) Yeoreum hummed, “You’d do anything for her, so you can get me some of her shampoo right? Before you say anything back, you’re literally watching anime for her.” 
The TV turned off. 
10:15 PM
Ahjin swore that he’d concentrate on his studies, inconspicuously, during his shift. Apart from serving food and cleaning up the mess during this strangely quiet shift, there was nothing in his way from studying. Literature, why did he even choose it again? A whine tore through the odd gaming music selection that faintly played in the background of SAPINCA. Ahjin huffed, knowing that it did not come from the intercom button, “If you want to take a ramyun pack Jiseon, put some actual water in it first.”
Another whine sounded from behind the boy and he his head jolted up, “...That’s no human.”
10:18 PM
Screams rang out throughout the gaming cafe, through to the second floor. Thankfully there weren’t many customers on this faithful Tuesday night and they were sitting at the far back of the aisles. Jiseon squeaked as the shrilling scream kept echoing, pushing her chair back as she attempted to locate where the scream was coming from.
“What the…” Changmo took out his headphones in distaste, “Is that a ing banshee? If it’s a customer, she’s so getting banned.”
“We have no girl customers tonight!”
“Well then, this dude ing sounds like a girl who got dumped.”
A plethora of footsteps were heard from the staircase and out emerged Yeoreum and Scott, both looking equally tired and shocked at the continuous sounds of pure torture, “What’s going on?”
Changmo gave a shrug to the older workers, furrowing his eyebrows in slight frustration as he had to leave his side mission due to the inconvenience.
Jiseon scrunched her nose, “Do you hear that? It’s getting closer…”
It was almost as if it were in slow-motion, ironic as the puppy-faced worker screamed in horror as the (actual) puppy chased him in delight, tongue sticking out and fur as curly as ever.
“Why are you all just standing there? Help me-”
Ahjin’s scream grew louder as the dog gained more ground, his scream reaching another octave higher. The four workers simply stared at the boy, doing nothing to help. Why did they think it was anything else?
“He’s scared of dogs right?” Scott questioned, although the answer was quite obvious.
Mhmm. / Yep. / No .”
They stared at the boy for a few more fleeting seconds, Jiseon even pulling out her phone to record this occurrence. Changmo squinted his eyes at the terrified teenager and put his headphones back on his mop of hair,
“As much as I want to see him run around being chased by a cute dog, can someone actually help him? It’s starting to get old, real fast.”
“Not to mention annoying.” Scott added, rubbing his temple due to the incoming headache he felt.
 so um, sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth. i thought i'd never come back but i wanted to at least continue this story as i was really, and still am, invested in this story. sorry for the literal year old wait, many people have left(?) but that's still okay. hopefully this will make it up. i'll still be slightly inactive over the coming months due to this being my final year of school and that meaning lots of important exams plus i've taken up cosplaying (i'm slightly well known in the community? lol) but yes, i'll hopefully continue to update this story  <3
SAPINCA ENTRIES — 01
night shift 
+ kids these days.