Fin

O Holy Knight
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Castlevania-esque AU
Contains Seungwan in red long hair as a holy knight, which is not good for the .
Proceed with caution

 

 

The evil  had been defeated and the darkness had lifted.

It was all thanks to two brave warriors and a knight that had risked their lives to save the world from eternal darkness and despair. It was not intentional, the three had met with a given task, a specific mission, but culminating in the same thing:

Saving people from the lord of darkness, the source of all curses, Dracula himself--and if it meant sacrificing oneself to save others, that would be the price to pay.

The brave warrior Kang Seulgi was there to vanquish Count Dracula once and for all and find her beloved sister, whom she had failed to find, while the fearless Bae Joohyun was solely there to defeat Dracula; not knowing that the lord of darkness had kidnapped children from the nearest village. The holy knight Son was only there to rescue the missing children whom Dracula’s monsters had taken during the night. That was the mission she was given, the protection she carried (a long nose revolver and a short, blessed sword--pure silver, given to her by the church) was not enough to accomplish what everyone wanted, which was to defeat Dracula.

But Seungwan had arrived in a timely manner while the two warriors were fighting against the soldiers of the darkness. If it weren’t for Seungwan, they probably would be seriously injured if not dead. In addition, if it weren’t for them, Seungwan would have never accomplished her mission.

Regardless of this, the warrior Kang was still injured and tired, just like Bae who was not too injured thanks to her quick reflexes and grace in her movement. They fought a longer battle than Seungwan but still were stubborn enough to help Seungwan find the children and take them to the now lonely and vast Villa, where an unlocked gate awaited them. The gate led out to the forest, where they would find a path out of the castle’s wall, down hill and to safety, which was the village.

“Did everyone make it?” Seulgi asked, holding her sore arm, a slight pained expression on her face.

“Seven children, these are all of them,” Joohyun responded, staring at all the kids that had gathered there by the gate with them.

Some looked scared, some looked content because they were saved and felt protected by the three saviors.  Two of said saviors, very sore and tired.

Seungwan walked over to Seulgi with a concerned look on her face. “Hey, are you all right?”

Seulgi nodded, sitting down on the floor against the gate. “Give me a few minutes, OK?”

Joohyun kneeled down beside her, looking at the warrior’s arm and examining her. Of course, Seulgi protested by mumbling that she was alright, but Joohyun glared at her and examined her anyways, taking a good hard look at that arm. She was not sure why, but the arm was red and it felt a little hot. Poking at it did bring some discomfort but ultimately Seulgi was feeling the pain from inside.

It was most likely that an attack from Dracula’s spell hit her arm while dodging. With all the mess going around, a gigantic monster that Dracula took form of was something that they were not ready to handle. In turn, when a massive black sphere of some sort was launched at them, Seulgi was a little slow on the dodge, feeling it hit her arm, causing a terrible sting.

Joohyun frowned before looking at the petite soldier. “Let me see what I can do to relieve her pain, Seungwan. You stay with the kids meanwhile I do this.”

The knight gave her a firm nod and walked to the kids, staring down at all of them with a nice smile while her strong full-face helmet was in her other hand. A sense of happiness filled her over, knowing that she had saved all of the kids, accomplished her mission and done something to help the community that raised her--a community that sheltered her and gave her a home after her parents were cruelly taken by Dracula as well, subsequently turned into vampires.

The sun was rising, slowly washing over the dark castle, the light coming through as victorious once more.

Seungwan looked at each individually, making sure they were OK before noticing the little girl whose face was tear stained.

Ah, the girl, she proved to be the easiest to find,  but the hardest to catch. The little girl ran away from Seulgi and Irene at first (it was probably their intimidating attire--which was too extravagant and strange to explain) but luckily Seungwan managed to catch her as she was running, carrying her and softly hushing her with sweet words, taking off her helmet to speak to her. It helped, the girl looked at the soldier with big confused eyes as she was softly calmed down.

“Your father and your mother have sent me here to rescue you and the other children. You are safe!” Then, Seungwan smiled big.

The girl started to cry again, but because she had been so scared, she thought she was staying there forever. It wasn’t until everyone was gathered around that she started to feel secure and comfortable.

For this, Seungwan began caressing the head of the little girl. “I told you, you are safe, princess. What’s your name?” The knight asked, squatting down to match the little girl’s height and look into her beautiful eyes, smiling warmly.

The girl, who had stopped sobbing but was still scared, softly spoke to her. “Yerim.”

“Well, Yerim. I want to let you know that you’re such a brave girl. You did so well!”

Yerim looked up at her, quiet but nodding.

“I actually never seen a little girl run so fast, either,” Seungwan chuckled. “You could be a knight one day.”

Yerim’s face lit up a little. “Really?”

“Yeah! You’d be really good, too. I was once like you. I was stranded here, too. In this same Villa.”

“H-how did you make it out?”

“I had the help of a very brave warrior. He guided me here and I went through the forest by myself.”

“Wow,” Yerim said softly, suddenly very interested and excited. “How did you make it? Weren’t there ugly monsters?”

“There were,” Seungwan smiled, looking back at the two wounded warriors who seemed to also be listening to the story. “But I had the help of this pendant,” the knight then put the helmet down, fishing the pendant out of her armor, taking it off and handing it over the girl. “It may a bit too big for you, but as long as you have it you will be protected by the wolves that roam the forest. You guys will be safe.”

The kids all looked at the shining blue crystal, amazed by it and impressed with the tale of the Holy knight.

“Seungwan?” Joohyun called over.

“Be right there!” Seungwan shouted back, grabbing her helmet and patting Yerim’s head before standing up and walking to the two warriors.

“We have to get her to the town’s healer,” Joohyun said softly, crossing her arms and looking at Seulgi with concern. “We need to get the kids back quick. I don’t know how many hours Seulgi will be able to resist.”

Seulgi then stood up, groaning a little. “But… my sister, we have to find her.”

“Right…” Joohyun said, scratching her head.

“We don’t have to,” the knight said softly, glancing at the kids before going back at Seulgi, who seemed confused. “You guys take Yerim and the kids back to the village and get the treatment you need.”

“But my sister,” Seulgi breathily said, still holding her arm.

“I’ll find her, by myself.”

Both warriors looked at Seungwan, just staring at the confidence in her posture and the selfless act she was willing to commit in order to save all of them, even if it meant being by herself and doing a one man job. Sure, the monsters were gone, but what if Seungwan died by falling on a tall platform? What if there WERE monsters that needed to be vanquished? The odds were uncertain, but at the same time Seungwan felt that this was her duty.

“Are you sure?” Joohyun softly spoke.

Seungwan nodded firmly, a very confident small on her features. “Most of the monsters are gone, I can handle it. You take Yerim and the kids through the forest.”

Seulgi kept quiet for a while before heaving a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Seungwan, I appreciate it.”

With another smile Seungwan proceeded to open the gate, the kids eagerly going through, being followed by the two heroines that saved the day. When Seungwan made sure they were all out, she closed the gate and locked it, seeing through the bars.

“You think you will be fine?”

“Yes, I will. There are a few places where I haven’t quite searched yet, so I have an idea where she might be. But I’ll have to back track and possibly look all the way into the castle.”

Seulgi then emerged from behind and to the gates. “You really don’t have to.”

Seungwan laughed softly. “You don’t have to take the kids back for me, but you will anyways.”

That was a fair point.

“Just tell me how she looks?”

Seulgi was about to retort before she swallowed her words and nodded. “She has brown, short hair, very cute chubby cheeks--she sometimes can be a little… annoying?”

Oh dear.

“Roger. I cannot miss it. Now go, time is short for you, Kang.” Seungwan said to the two women.

“You think you’ll be able to make it out of that maze?”

Seungwan laughed softly. “This was my home. It’ll come back to me. Go.”

With a nod from Joohyun and a gentle bow of Seulgi’s head, they all started to walk the path dictated by the hedges. Seungwan watched them briefly as the misty fog starting to hug them, some children looking back and waving warmly at her with a big smile on their faces.

It warmed her heart, surely.

Then, Seungwan turned around and stared at the big mansion that used to be her home, sighing deeply before putting on her helmet, adjusting the armor on her torso that protected her chest, stomach and shoulders.  After making sure her shin armor and boots were well adjusted, she started to walk with her head held up high and determined.

It was time to re-visit the old villa she used to call home. By herself.

 

**

 

Surely enough, it was quite a task to make it back, but it was all coming back to Seungwan in a slow manner. The maze proved to be a very anxiety inducing experience, suddenly feeling that she was trapped there forever before brushing it off and trying to focus. She knew there were no monsters--hell, she even made it through with the kids and the two warriors without an ounce of trouble!

No monsters in sight, no trace of that treacherous gardener that haunted her dreams. Even thinking about him made her feel inexplicable anger and fear.

A tall monster, reminiscent of a very muscular and strong man. His skin was not human; it was a grey blue color and visible stitches in parts of his body, mostly in the face; his eyes were a sickening yellow, way too wide open to be human, a permanent grin stuck to his demonic face. It made Seungwan shudder just to remember that expression on his face. The most distinctive feature and perhaps the most lethal one: a the chainsaw that replaced his wrist and hand, fully functional as well, as Seungwan was close to testifying its use and abilities back in the past. The thing ran fast too, but was thankfully rather clumsy, bumping into the edges of the hedges, slow in some movements, but the thing could run definitely.

The fact that it was invincible made it all a nightmare. A nightmare that Seungwan was glad to be done with. Still, the sudden rustling of some bushes, the slight noises made her wary of any movement, her hand hovering over her revolver, prepared for the doom about to wash upon her if the creature were to--somehow--wake up from its dormant state, wherever it were.

Thankfully, she made it to the gate of the old backyard and she wasted no time to get on the other side of the gate and lock it well, letting out a big breath of relief.

In other circumstances, she would just stay for a moment and admire the backyard, seeing the bushes that once were trimmed now overgrown, a little dead, the roses now gone and making the backyard look grim without their vibrant red color that often painted the backyard as lively. What a lamentable sight but for now she was to focus on the task at hand. She made her way to the big double doors and entered the Villa, again, this time paying attention to any corner or any shadow of darkness where the damsel could hide.

There was nothing, no sounds or grunts from any creature, it was pure and natural silence, the buzzing in Seungwan’s ear becoming apparent. While still amazed that the golden knight statue was still in feet in the otherwise empty room, Seungwan walked up the spiral, marble stairs and made her way to what--if her memory served her--had to be the ballroom.

Opening the door and taking a peak in, she was right. Ballroom, just as she expected, instantly coming up with a small plan as to which door to go first and what to do.

She closed the wooden door slowly, taking into the look of the old Ballroom she used to run around in as a child. The vast empty space before her, a long vibrant red rug that matched the red curtains that swayed with the cold breeze of the morning, both now full of dust and a little worn out. She was immobile for a few seconds, almost picturing her young self running around before the bright scenario was swapped with the reality.

Lonely, grim, cold reality.

The only thing that remained were the expensive roble chairs that laid against the wall, the drawers--probably full of letters, documents, maybe some goodies she’d love to take home if it were not for the curse that befell the villa--and a couch she remembered to be supremely comfortable and cozy.

She walked forth slowly again, her hand relaxed though ready to grip on her revolver, despite only having a few bullets left.

Truth be told, there was not a single hint or clue where Seulgi’s sibling could be, but upon remembering a place she couldn’t access before, her brain instantly thought to check that location, even if she had to break the door to get in or if she had to climb chandeliers to find the keys expertly hidden.

However, her nostalgia was costing her previous time so, wasting no more time, the woman walked to what used to be her parent’s bedroom, wealthy looking, very nicely decorated with expensive furniture that now meant nothing, a lot of family portraits and pictures up the walls, including the Villa’s former owner.

Testing her luck, she started to look through every drawer, pushing through all the clothes, all the jewelry, all the hidden goodies her parents kept there once. No luck, of course. She was finished with that room--almost making a mess of the drawers, even some garments thrown out--she directed herself to the dressing room connected that functioned as an office once. The first drawer she saw and opened was the lucky drawer.

“Here you are,” Seungwan said softly, grabbing the key and instantly jogging out of the bedroom, making her way through the long hallway until the very end of it.

The conference/dining room’s door was unlocked, just like she remembered. The room remained untouched since she was last here, and everything seemed to be in order--except for the mirror that was now shattered in the tussling she had with a vampire.

After giving a quick look  to the room to make sure the coast was clear, she opened the first door and went down the small hallway to the Archives door. Just as she recalled, the door was closed. With the key and a quick flick of the wrist, the door was unlocked and sudden movement was heard inside.

The holy knight couldn’t be sure if it was a rat, a monster or the missing sibling. So, for caution, she grabbed her revolver and opened the door.

She let the door creak and open itself, waiting a while before coming in with a very slow pace, her hand gripping tightly onto the revolver and looking around through the slit of the helmet. She looked around the Archives, which was a place she didn’t visit often as a child and was still amazed by the fancy decoration for what essentially was a library that no one except her father visited. One long wall full with books, a nice fireplace and a chair with a table and a girl hiding behind the chair--.

Aha! There she was!

“Who are you?!” The girl exclaimed, standing up and--oh well, the woman.

Seungwan was frozen for a moment. What a good looking woman! She somehow expected a teenager, but was greeted with a fully developed woman, a very gorgeous one at that. Short brown hair, cherubic features, hypnotizing gaze--what a sight. After that long night, Seungwan felt blessed with such a sight, but soon she knocked out of it. “My apologies, I’m the holy knight Son Seungwan. You are Sooyoung, right?”

The woman visibly relaxed, nodding. “Yes, that’s me… Are you really a knight?”

Seungwan nodded, putting the gun away and showing her empty hands to gain the trust of the human, raising her hand to show she came in peace and with good intentions. “I am. Your sister Kang Seulgi asked me to come here and rescue you.”

At this point, Sooyoung had carefully approached the knight, looking up and down at her. Her eyes seemed to be fixated on those meaty thighs, the dark blue trousers hugging them well and providing warmth in this cold morning. Her eyes went up to the helmet, her hands patting and poking the armor. “I thought knights wore armor all over and worked for kings only?”

Seungwan couldn’t help but to laugh, shaking her head. “Not me, at least. I just need to protect the torso and my head; I move a lot easier this way. And when it comes to saving people I am at full disposal.”

Sooyoung then nodded. “Why did my sister not come to get me?” She asked curiously, rubbing the steel chest of Seungwan’s armour.

“U-uh,” Seungwan stammered, clearing afterwards. “Well, we defeated Count Dracula.”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened, mostly at how Seungwan just mentioned it with a carefree tone to her voice. “What?!”

“Yes. Your sister and another vampire hunter of some sorts came together to defeat Dracula. I was just here on a mission to rescue the children that had been taken here but I decided to help the vanquish the darkness once and for all.”

It seemed like Sooyoung knew of this, suddenly smiling wide. “Ah, that’s good. I knew she would be able to do it,” she then looked into Seungwan’s slits. “I am impressed, Holy Knight.”

There was this sudden nervousness coming from Seungwan; those eyes were amazingly gorgeous, very charming, it was like a spell that drew her in--but there was no such a thing! As far as the holy knight was concerned.

“That still doesn’t explain why my sister didn’t make it?” Sooyoung then looked around. “Where are the kids, the other warrior?”

“Your sister got injured in the fight. She needed to leave immediately back to the village in order to save herself. She and Bae Joohyun--the other hunter--have already taken the children back to the village with them.”

“Then your mission is done, is it not?”

“It is, in fact. But I could not leave without at least looking for you, as a token of gratitude for what your sister did. She saved my life, you see,” Seungwan expressed truthfully, nodding firmly. “But above all it is my duty to make sure there is no more innocents left in this castle.”

Sooyoung listened carefully before blushing and dipping her head down. “You didn’t have to,” she giggled out, playing with the bow of her white--slightly dirty--dress. It was a beautiful gown, it was a very casual one, like a pajama almost, but it hugged her figure pretty well, the skirt falling mid shin, very beautifully simple.

Of course, Seungwan’s eyes traveled up north, landing discreetly on the mildly pronounced cleavage. The knight gulped and responded rather timidly. “I did have to.”

The girl grinned, her eyes smiling as well. What a sunshine!

Then, there was a

Please log in to read the full chapter