Final

Your number

The bus stopped. 

A girl came down, silently cursing at the sky for raining on a day she forgot to bring her umbrella out. She looked around the bus stop, for a shop that is still open, a shelter for her until the rain stops. She saw a light coming out from a shop right at the corner. She smiled as she found her shelter. 

She ran quickly with her hands hovering over her head. She stopped in front of the shop, she looked inside and found out that it is a cafe. She brushed off the rain drops on her jacket and stepped into the cafe. She looked around the cafe and see no one but a girl sitting down at the counter waiting for the clock to strike 1am. She looked closer at the girl and she realised that it is her ex, wheein. 

Wheein sighed when she heard the door bell ring, she thought that there won't be anyone as it is raining heavily. She turned over and saw Solar standing at the door looking at her as well. Their eyes met and awkwardness filled the air. Wheein broke the eye contact first, Solar looked away soon after and she unconsciously walked towards a table and sat down. 

After sitting down, she was reminded of how they two first met. It was the same scenario, a downpour, 11:30pm, no customer, only both of them in the cafe. Solar sat right at the same table, the same seat. The cafe was their usual dating spot, the table was their table, the place where they always sit together. All their sweet memories came back to her, the word "yongsun unnie", the hugs and kisses they had. She smiled bitterly. Their good old relationship lasted for 2 years and broke off two months ago due to a stupid misunderstanding that was never cleared. 

Solar kept staring at wheein using her phone and looking at the clock occasionally. Wheein felt someone staring at her and she doesn't bother to find out who is it as there is only one person in the cafe. She looked at the clock, 12am. "Just one more hour" she whispered. 

Solar stood up with her wallet and walked to the counter. 

"Hi, I'm ready to order." - "I would like a hot choco and your number."

Wheein just stared at Solar.

"I heard that you don't have a girlfriend now." Solar smiled at wheein.

Wheein smiled back, understanding what does solar mean. Wheein turned to make hot choco for Solar. Wheein served the hot choco to Solar's table. Solar looked at the cup and her cheekbones rised again. A paper with numbers were left behind as well. 

 

-1am- 

Wheein closed the shop and she turned to her right and got the shock of her life. Solar was standing outside the door waiting for her. 

"It's not really safe for a young girl to go home alone at this timing."

"I believe I'm not the only girl here." Wheein said to solar with one of her brows raised. 

"Let's just go"

The two started to walk down the street slowly, side by side, talking about themselves and random topics. Solar accompanied wheein home just like before, only the two of them on the streets walking and laughing together. 

When they reached wheein's house, they felt weird again. Whenever they reach wheein's house, solar would kiss wheein on the forehead and hug her. But that was when they were a couple, now they are just friends. Solar smiled awkwardly at wheein and she hugged the shorter girl and she whispered "See you again, my future girlfriend." After saying that she ran off. Wheein started blushing and her phone buzzed. A new message coming from solar, 'goodnight, my love'. 

The end

 

 

Sorry for the grammatical errors. Thank you for reading this story. Hope that you enjoy this story and please leave a comment so that I would know what to improve next. Thank you!!