A dream

SuJu Oneshot Request

 

Hyun Ae sighed and stepped into the auditioning room. It was her 4th audition already. She told herself '      in her mind, to think of Sungmin. She must pass this time!

"Begin." The person in charge said.

She took a deep breath and began singing a song she composed herself. Her melodious  singing filled the room. It was good, all her friends had said, but why couldn't she get in? Her long crush, Sungmin, was a trainee already in SME, and she wanted to follow him and sing.

 

When the song ended,  the person told her that it was recorded and it would be taken for the judges  to see. If she was chosen, she would be sent a letter. Hyun Ae sighed and made her way back home. She hoped she got chosen this time.

 

Several days later, she received a letter from SME. She only read one word; congratulations. Hyun Ae jumped for joy, but part of her was worried.

"Can I make it? I still have to study. What if I can't?" She thought worriedly.

She called Sungmin to tell him the good news. He said he was happy for her. Her heart fluttered; from excitement and the prospect of training with Sungmin. She then continued reading the letter. She was due to start training next week if she agreed.

 

 

Next week, she stepped in to the same glassy looking floors, holding the letter in her hand. She showed it to the receptionist and she was directed to the training area. She met up with the instructor and he told her to get room 50 and practice using the notes there.

After much training for years and struggling to keep up with school, she went into a good university and was to be a solo artist, because according to SM she was good at singing. Meanwhile, during training she had built up a stronger friendship with Sungmin. They were best friends, but Hyun Ae's crush never wavered. It wasn't lust; it was pure longing and love.

 

On the day of her debut, she was nervous and her heart felt like leaping out of .  They were styling her hair and makeup. When she was done she had to go to the stage. She started singing;  the crowd fell silent. She sang her first song; the one she used to audition. There was a killing silence; Hyun Ae felt her heart drop; and then there was thunderous applause.

On her second song, she had confidence. She also spotted Sungmin in the crowd. Happiness surged through her body and she felt like she could jump to the sky. She sang the best she could. When the concert ended, she stepped down from the stage. Sungmin was there.

 

 

Without  any warning, he leaned forward and hugged her. He whispered in her ear.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Hyun Ae  yelled a loud "yes!" and Sungmin kissed her, a light peck but it was more than enough to make her squeal with joy.

 

At last. Her dreams came true.