How Come I Didn’t See It Before?

How Come I Didn’t See It Before? - Sunggyu

Several nights later, the seven guys lazily shuffled into their apartment after an extremely long week in the studio. Going their separate ways in the large apartment, moving towards his bedroom a message buzzed Sunggyu’s phone just as he pushed open the door and tossed his gym bag on the ground next to his bed. Digging for his phone in his pocket, he pulled it out and entered in his passcode, tapping the unread message he eased himself down on the corner of his bed while his eyes read the following message.

Are you free for the evening?

I’m off work now, what do you need? - Gyu

A movie watching buddy…

What movie are you planning on seeing? - Gyu

You will see once you come over

Do you want me to bring anything? - Gyu

Nope, just bring yourself. I mean you don’t have to come but if you would like to…

Lifting his eyes it didn’t take long to come up with his choice.

“Maybe he isn’t coming…” You sighed to yourself, pushing the play button on the movie, sinking into the couch you  lifted a glass bottle to your lips. The cool glass hit your warm lips as the liquid inside coated over your tongue. Sipping on the alcoholic drink, you watched the movie begin as the credits rolled at the beginning of the movie.

Just as the scene was being set, a knock echoed from your front door. Looking in that direction, you quickly sat up and paused the movie, placing your phone and drink on the coffee table in front of you before rising to your feet and shuffling over to the door. Twisting the lock slightly then the handle, your eyes curiously peeked around the corner.

“Sunggyu… you came?” You whispered in shock seeing him standing there outside your door.

“Of course I did, I’m not going to reject an invitation from a friend” Sunggyu smiled bashfully

“Oh so I am friendzoned now…” You smiled, leaning up against the door frame while you a little, “I see how it is”

“That’s not what I meant…” Sunggyu shook his head while he dropped his head.

“Come on in friend” You moved aside so Sunggyu could come inside. Closing the door behind him you could see the smile curl on his lips while his eyes scanned your humble home. “I just started the movie, it is a minute or two in.”

“Oh perfect, what movie are we watching?” Sunggyu questioned as you headed over to your spot on the couch with Sunggyu following close behind.

“I just randomly chose one” You smiled as you rounded the couch, folding your leg under yourself you sat down on the couch.

Leaning forward, you pressed the play button as the couch cushion dipped underneath Sunggyu taking his seat next to you. Setting the remote on the table and grabbing your alcoholic drink instead, you turned towards Sunggyu seeing him sitting on the edge of the cushion.

“Would you like a beer or a drink?” You questioned turning your attention to him as his eyes watched the beginning scenes of the movie.

“I’ll take whatever is in your glass” Sunggyu gave you a sweet smile as you nodded, standing up you moved into the kitchen and poured him the drink you were currently drinking.

Returning to him, you handed him the glass as you resumed your position on the couch. Your arm rested over the bottom hem where your white V-neck t shirt met your tighter fitting grey sweatpants. Out of the corner of your eye, you watched Sunggyu take a small sip as he slowly started to become more comfortable in your presence with time.

Time continued on as the two of you finished your first glass, pouring seconds, the two of you began to laugh and joke about the film that was playing. A low budget horror movie played after the first movie finished, allowing the two of you to predict what was going to happen. Laughter filled the air between the two of you as a third and four glass was emptied in your hand. Pouring your fifth glass, you sat back against the cushions as you took in a deep breath while your fingers traced the glass lightly. Sunggyu turned his head as he saw you comfortably sitting next to him.

“You know what?” You turned your head to Sunggyu and watched his hair perfectly fall over his beautiful curved ears. His soft jawline lead to his pink lips while he sweetly smiled at you.

“What?” He allowed his eyes to curve upwards while his smile increased with every passing second.

“I can’t remember the last time that I have had a friend come over to watch a movie with.” You told him, your body began to sway from side to side.

Sunggyu smiled as he leaned back into the cushions of the couch as he listened intently, “Especially handsome friends like you, Kim Sunggyu.” You remarked moving closer to him as blush began to fill his cheeks.

“I think you have had a little too much to drink” Sunggyu carefully rested his glass on the coffee table before reaching over and holding his hand open to accept your glass too.

“Too much? I think it was the right amount” You shrugged your shoulders as you handed him your glass. Setting your glass next to his, his eyes turned back to the tv screen to watch the movie for a few more minutes.

Watching the plot begin to thicken, the darkness of night fell over your home as only the soft yellow light of a lamp dimly lit the space. Peering over at you, Sunggyu noticed your eyes closed and your body beginning to fall to one side and then right itself. Finding you more charming and cute beyond compare, he slid closer to you while you began to lean towards him.

Lifting his hand, he carefully guided your head down on his shoulder, he looked down at you with your eyes still closed, your arms lightly laid over your body while your legs were folded under you. Your hair framing your beautiful sleeping face and features. Grasping a blanket from an armchair not far away, he pulled the blanket over you careful not to wake such a sleeping beauty.

Feeling you nuzzle into his shoulder, he froze for a moment until you let out a content sigh, a smile pulled on his lips seeing you so peaceful and vulnerable. His heart began to pick up its pace seeing the real, the beautiful, the perfect you. Checking up on your throughout the rest of the movie, he made sure to lower the volume in an attempt to not wake you. The warmth of your body against his kept him company, while your breathing soothed his heart.

Eventually, the final credits rolled to the movie as Sunggyu leaned forward and grasped the remote. Turning off the tv, he turned his attention to you still sleeping on his shoulder. Adjusting himself slightly, he slid his hand underneath your head and cradled you while he laid you down amongst the cushions of the couch. Moving a pillow underneath your head, he stood up and picked up the empty glasses and set them on the counter in the kitchen.

Tidying up a bit, he wanted to buy himself time allowing you to wake up so he didn’t walk out on you without saying goodbye. Shuffling back over to your sleeping figure engulfed within the couch cushions, Sunggyu knelt down next to the couch. Gazing at you, he lifted his hand up gently and brushed some hair away from your eyes, tucking it behind your ear. A clear thought came through his clouded mind as he carefully leaned forward, closing his eyes, his lips gently pressed against the soft skin of your cheek. HIs fingers gently ran through strands of your hair as he pulled away from the soft, lingering kiss.

“How are you so beautiful, so perfect?” Sunggyu whispered, his fingers lightly petting your hair, “How was I so blind to see you like this?”

Taking a moment, he continued to watch you, taking in your breaths with the rise and fall of the blanket encasing your figure.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave, I don’t like leaving without saying goodbye…” Sunggyu began to talk with you, his heart opening up slowly to allow you in.

“You can stay” Your slurred whispered words cut through the pause between his words. “Please stay”

Opening your eyes slightly, you saw him kneeling in front of you, his warm touch pouring over you with each light of his fingers in your hair.

“Are you sure?” Sunggyu questioned wanting to make sure.

A smile curled on your lips as you slid your hand out from under the blanket. Patting the couch, you nodded your head against the pillow while whispering, “I am sure. I don’t want you to leave.”

“Don’t you worry, I’m not going anywhere.” Sunggyu whispered as he leaned forward once more and lightly presses another sweet kiss against her forehead as he watches her drift back to sleep.