"Let's Stay Together Forever"

"Let's Stay Together Forever"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: For Kay: https://www.quotev.com/26553643

It had been a little over three weeks since the new semester started and things were already going downhill for Taehyung. First, it seemed he’d ended up with all the horrible professors and thus was already buried in homework, group projects, and essays. Second, there was the new manager at the coffee shop he worked at, and she was absolutely horrible! She didn’t seem to know anything about being a manager and so the place was often in a disarray and Taehyung was usually the one his co-workers counted on to fix the problems the new manager had caused. Third, his parents were having trouble controlling his little brother and were often calling Taehyung to ask him to talk to his younger brother. And on top of all these problems and struggles, he was now depressed because...well...the love of his life now had a girlfriend.

Admittedly, Jimin wasn’t aware of Taehyung’s feelings for him and so Taehyung couldn’t blame Jimin for adding to his frustrations. Also...there was the fact that Taehyung was the one who suggested Jimin should take initiative and find himself someone to date when the elder had been complaining about how lovely dovey all their hyungs were being. Taehyung regretted saying that to him now, rather he wished he’d given himself a pep talk and taken the initiative to ask Jimin out. Maybe if he’d kept the words to himself things would have turned out different.

“Hyung!” A voice called out bringing Taehyung out of his thoughts and back to the fact he was at work, and his break time was almost over. He looked up to see that Jungkook was in front of him giving him a weird look.

“Oh Kookie, what’s up?” Taehyung asked straightening himself and offering the other a small smile. Jungkook rolled his eyes before taking a seat across from him.

“I called your name like five times hyung, what were you thinking about so deeply anyway?” Jungkook asked.

“Ah, you did? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.” Taehyung answered avoiding the question. But Jungkook was persistent in getting an answer.

“Were you thinking about Jimin hyung again?” Jungkook asked. Despite being the youngest in their group of friends, Jungkook was very observant and picked up on things quite easily. Like the fact, Taehyung was deeply in love with Jimin. Besides Jungkook, no one else knew about Taehyung’s crush.

“Not...really?” Taehyung replied but it was clear he was lying.

“Seriously hyung, you should just confess to him. You never know things might work out.” Jungkook said giving Taehyung a pointed look.

“It wouldn’t...besides he’s dating now, I can’t possibly confess now,” Taehyung replied with a sigh.

“Is he really though?” Jungkook asked as he pulled out his notes so he could study as soon as Taehyung went back to work.

“What do you mean by that? Of course. He introduced her to us.” Taehyung responded confused.

“Yea...but..well they don’t go on a lot of dates or anything really. To me, it looks like they are just friends. I haven’t even seen them kiss.” Jungkook said with a thoughtful look.

“Yea...but I think they are just taking things slow.” Taehyung reasoned.

“...if you say so,” Jungkook replied with a shrug and glanced at the clock. “Aren’t you supposed to be working right now?”

“Yea...but the manager isn't here thankfully so I'm going to rest a bit longer. There’s no one else here anyway.” Taehyung answered tiredly and laid his head down on the table.

“It will get better hyung,” Jungkook responded reaching out and ruffling Taehyung’s hair in an effort to comfort the elder.

“I sure hope so” Taehyung responded with another sigh, looking up at Jungkook through his bangs. Jungkook just offered the other a small smile and then opened his textbook to start studying. They sat in silence for a few minutes until the bell rung signaling to Taehyung that a customer had come in. He got out of his seat and went behind the counter just as a blond haired girl walked over to order.

“Good afternoon, how may I be of service to you?” Taehyung asked smiling broadly at the girl but it soon faded and was replaced by a look of surprise when the girl looked up and he realized she was Jimin’s girlfriend.

“Oh hi! Um...Taehyung right?” She asked smiling shyly.

“Y-yea...Nice to see you again” Taehyung said somewhat nervous for some reason.

“Hmm,” The girl agreed as she looked at the menu to see what the coffee shop offered. “Could I get a large chocolate mocha and two vanilla muffin please?” she asked. Taehyung nodded and rung up her purchase and took the card she gave him. After handing the card back he got her the muffin.

“Is one of those for Jimin?” Taehyung couldn’t help but ask recalling how much Jimin loved vanilla muffins.

“Huh?” The girl asked looking confused. Taehyung gestured towards the muffin and said, “Jimin loves vanilla muffins...so I was just wondering if you were getting him one?”

“Oh..uh no..these are for me. I didn’t even know he liked these.” She answered looking at the muffins. “Though...I should probably go ahead and save one for him in that case since I’m meeting him in a few minutes”  she continued. Taehyung just nodded unsure what to say and so he left to go make the chocolate mocha. He was surprised she didn’t even know that Jimin loved almost anything that was vanilla flavored. After finishing the order he turned around to hand the coffee to her. And just as he did Jungkook came up and made him nearly drop the coffee after hearing what the younger said.

“Babe, could I have some coffee too? I falling asleep just staring at the textbook.” Jungkook said pouting at Taehyung cutely.

“W-what did y-you just call me?” Taehyung sputtered turning to face him with a look of disbelief.

“Babe,” Jungkook replied smirking.

“Are...you two dating?” The girl asked looking somewhat disappointed.

“N-” Taehyung was about to deny.

“Yes,” Jungkook said before Taehyung could deny it. “We just became official a couple days ago, so not many people know.” Jungkook elaborated smiling at the girl.

“Oh…” The girl said looking down. Taehyung glared at Jungkook wondering what the kid was planning, but didn’t say anything to deny what had just been said when he saw Jungkook’s pleading look to just go along with it. The girl shuffled her weight from one foot to the other as she bit her lip and glanced at them. It was awkward for a few more minutes until the bell rung again and Jimin walked in.

“Hey, Lisa.” Jimin greeted his girlfriend before greeting Taehyung and Jungkook as well.

“Hi Jimin, how was class?” Taehyung asked as the other two also greeted Jimin.

“Boring as always. I really wish I didn’t have to take this class.” Jimin answered with a sigh as he walked over to Lisa and stood beside her.

“Yea, I feel the same way about most of my classes,” Jungkook said eyeing the couple who were now holding hands.

“Me too.” Lisa chimed in and then leaned up to whisper something in Jimin’s ear. Jimin’s eyes widened at whatever Lisa had said and he looked at his two friends in surprise.

“You two are dating?” Jimin asked looking at them in disbelief.

Before Taehyung could say anything Jungkook grabbed a hold of Taehyung’s hand bringing it to his lips and placing a kiss on it before speaking. “Yep! Aren’t you happy for us hyung?”

Jimin stood there in silence looking at their interlocked hands. Jimin looked so confused and kind of sad. It made Taehyung want to speak up and deny everything Jungkook was saying but he bit his tongue and stayed quiet. After what felt like forever Jungkook spoke up again.

“Hyung?...Are you not happy for us?” Jungkook asked sounding sad.

“Uh..I am!..it's just surprising.” Jimin said in explanation and bit his lip. Taehyung was familiar with that movement, anytime Jimin did that it meant he was holding himself back from saying or doing something. He was just about to ask Jimin what was on his mind when Lisa spoke up.

“Well, we should be going. Congratulations you two.” Lisa said with a shy smile and then pulled Jimin along with her until they were out the door. As soon as they’d left Taehyung turned to Jungkook with a glare.

“Explain.” He demanded.

“Uh..” Jungkook looked at the other with a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“Why did you do that?! Now Jimin is gonna misunderstand and things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter