Welcome to America pt3

Suga High
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up and smell something heavenly. I try and go back to sleep but my stomach shouts in protest. I leave a bundled sleep Yoongi in bed and I tiptoe down the stairs. I hear a few voices, one of which I know is Jisoo’s.

 

I follow my nose to the kitchen and see several pots on the stove and Jisoo is stirring one while Keng it preparing a turkey on another counter. Jisoo sees me and her face lights up. “Good morning Jimin!” She says in English, and I say it back and smile. I walk over and look at the pots.

 

“I’m starting to get dinner ready, it takes a while, so we had to get up early,” she explains and bends down to look in the oven. “We’re making a lot of al the classics here.”

 

She gestures me to take a look at what exactly she was preparing.

 

She points to a pan with several ingredients in it, “This is green bean casserole! I add fried onions on top,” she smiles, holding a container of fried onions, and sprinkling them on top. “Go wash your hands, you can help if you would like.”

 

I smile and run over to the sink and wash my hands well. I walk back over to her and she brings me to a pot on the stove that has what I think is gravy. “For right now,” she says, “you can stir the gravy! I put packets in there and they need help dissolving, so you need to stir and crush these little chunks of mix so they dissolve.”

 

I take the spoon and start to stir while she goes back to finish the green bean casserole. We talk while we work, and I’m surprised by how happy they are for the holiday. I’m excited to try all the new foods. I’m still stirring and trying to dissolve these chunks 20 minutes later when I hear voices come towards the kitchen. They’re all groggy and try and grab at the freshly made rolls but Jisoo swats them away. She grabs some boxes of cereal and a pile of bowls and spoons and grabs a jug of milk and hands them to Tae and Hobi, “Take these, eat some cereal, but don’t fill up! We’re going to have an early dinner, until then, hands off the food!” She says sternly. The boys salute and got to the dining room. I laugh and I stir and she looks at me and chuckles, “Boys.”

 

After a few more minutes she checks the gravy and sees I have it all dissolved and beams. “Thank you Jimin! That was a big help, it’s one of those annoying jobs I have to go back and forth to but you made it easier for us, so thank you.”

 

“You’re welcome, glad I could help,” I smile back. She ushers me to the dining room, “No go have fun with the boys, eat something,” she says, and I obey. I walk into the dining room and see Tae launching some dry Fruit Loops at Namjoon, and him wincing upon impact. Jin’s scolding the two while Suga looks like he’s about the fall asleep in his bowl, Jungkook listens to music while he eats, and Hobie is face timing his dog again. I chuckle and the sight and sit down next to Yoongi.

 

“Good morning sunshine!” I say brightly, and he gives me a disgusted look. I laugh as I reach for the box of Fruit Loops with a bowl and spoon. Tae pouts at me, “You took my ammo!”

 

Jin scolds him and I laugh as I pour my bowl. I pour a little milk and begin to eat, and look back over at Yoongi. “Are you okay?” 

 

“I’m tired,” he says plainly, and then lets out a big yawn. I can’t help but yawn too. I finish up my breakfast and Yoongi and I head back to our room to get dressed. I’m wearing grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt with my converse, and Yoongi is wearing black sweatpants and a red t-shirt with his converse. He stops me before I open the door to leave and turns me around and pins me to the door. I heart my heart speed up as he leans in close.

 

“I think you’ve forgotten something today…” he tsks, holding a hand to my cheek. He gazes into my eyes and closes the small gap between us, and I feel his soft lips on mine. I kiss him back and hold him tight. We continue until we’re out of breath and Yoongi finally pulls away. My mind is buzzing and he lazily smiles at me. “You didn’t think you could go on with your day without giving me some love, did you?”

 

I giggle and hug him, and he hugs me back. I pull away after a bit and open the door. We both head downstairs and see that the whole bunch of us are deciding what games to play to pass the time.

 

“Charades!” I hear Jin, Namjoon and Hobi yell, while I hear Junkook and Tae yelling “Uno!” Jisoo and Keng are laughing watching the groups squabble over game

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter