baby blue love

braces and weddings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mark!! Oh my god Mark!! Mark it hurts so bad Mark!! Mark!!” donghyuck said, holding tight onto mark while his tears were flowing so fast, wetting mark’s baby blue t-shirt.

 

“Shh I know love I know” mark said in the softest tone he could use and held donghyuck a bit more tightly but still careful to be gentle.

 

“It hurts so bad I can’t!!” donghyuck looked up at mark like he was begging him to stop the pain but mark could do nothing else than holding him close and drawing soothing circles on his back.

 

“I know love but you took painkiller right? They’ll work in a few minutes okay baby? You just gotta relax a bit. If you get so tensed up you will clench your teeth and it will hurt more”

 

“but it hurts so bad…I just want to take these useless out of my mouth and throw it away and never wear it again” donghyuck held a piece of his braces like he was gonna pull it out but he couldn’t of course.

 

Mark took his hand away from his braces, placed it into his own and intertwined their fingers “I know it hurts so bad right now baby but it will get better I promise you. You trust me, don’t you?”

 

Donghyuck stopped sobbing and talked softly, his voice small but still hearable for mark “of course I do” then sniffed when mark cupped his face and pecked his cheek so softly like a warm wind caressing his skin.

 

“Then believe me it will get better.”

 

“But how can you know? You never had braces.” Donghyuck said, pouting cause even he wanted to believe mark he couldn’t.

 

“Taeyong hyung had braces back then. And he said it hurts so much too. He had them like 3 years so I know how it might feel to have them on.”

 

“Th-three years? t-that long?” donghyuck started crying again slowly, “I don’t want them on my teeth that long”

 

“But he said he got used to them after first week. And it didn’t even hurt that much after a while” mark said, petting donghyuck’s head tenderly.

 

“It’s still so long…”

 

“If you take care of it well, do what your doctor says and brush your teeth every day it won’t be that long for you, baby. Taeyong hyung didn’t listen his doctor so he had them on longer.”

 

“Really?? Like can mine be taken off in a few months?”

 

Mark didn’t want to make donghyuck more worried but he also didn’t want to lie to his boyfriend.

 

“I don’t think a few months would be enough love, but it will be sooner than three years I promise you”

 

“Promise?” donghyuck showed up his pinky at mark and mark laughed at his adorableness but still connected their pinkies.

 

“Promise”

 

“Good” donghyuck smiled even though his tears were still wet on his cheeks and buried his face into mark’s chest “I’ll just imagine I am a werewolf and I’m turning into my wolf form so my teeth hurt.”

 

Donghyuck loved hearing mark’s laughter and feeling his chest shake on his face when he laughs.

 

Mark kissed donghyuck head and caressed his hair tenderly “okay baby”

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

However, Donghyuck still cried when he could not eat anything else than soup and baby food for the whole week. Mark felt so bad when he saw donghyuck’s tears so he also ate just soup and baby food the whole week just to not leave donghyuck alone.

 

After the first week, donghyuck started eating a few things different from liquid things. They were still had to be so soft for him to eat but at least now, he wasn’t feeling like a complete baby even though mark was always calling him his “baby”.

 

At the third week, donghyuck could finally eat normal food but he could not chew with his front teeth. His doctor said that was the golden rule of braces. No chewing with front teeth. He had to slice up his meal into small pieces and had to chew them with his back teeth so well only then he could swallow the food.

 

It was close to at the end of the fourth week when donghyuck had a little breakdown cause he still couldn’t chew gum. And he LOVED gum. But because of these stupid braces he couldn’t chew a single gum. So mark also gave all of his own gums to their youngest friend jisung cause he didn’t want to chew his precious gum when his precious boyfriend can’t.

 

Donghyuck was already got used to the braces when it was the fifth week but oh…he had to go to the dentist again to get his braces checked. He didn’t really think he had to go to doctor at the end of every month. That was why he missed his first appointment and had to take a new one and write it down on his calendar cause mark didn’t let him miss it again.

 

After the appointment was hell for donghyuck again cause they put braces on his bottom teeth too. It was already bad when his top teeth had braces but now the bottom ones had them too and it hurted the same with the first time the top ones got braces and donghyuck couldn’t stop crying again.

 

Mark sighed and pulled donghyuck into his chest, his arms holding the poor boy tightly again. He was so fed up already. Not from donghyuck’s crying no. He was fed up from seeing him in pain. It was hurting his heart so deeply whenever tears left those beautiful big brown eyes. He never wanted to see donghyuck in pain. He would gladly take all of his pain if he could. But he could not and it made him feel like a useless boyfriend.

 

“mark” donghyuck called his name while they were about to fall asleep in one of their sleepovers.

 

“yes love ?”

 

“thank you”

 

Mark rolled around to look at him and got mesmerized the second he did. Because the moonlight was shining so softly but also so beautifully on his face. And mark had always been weak for that gentle look in donghyuck’s eyes…

 

“why are you thanking me for?”

 

“For bearing with me even though I’m so whiny and loud like a little kid. For not saying “enough donghyuck it’s just freaking braces they can’t hurt that much.” Or “stop crying it’s not that bad”. For doing everything you can do to make me feel better. It means so much to me really mark I…you know I had loved you since we first met in mrs.kim’s class and it never changed but when you are being so nice to me like that…I feel like I’m falling for you even deeper for you. And I feel like I can trust you with my life and I do actually and…I want to marry you when we hit the age we can marry.”

 

“Well, I have some good news for you then hyuckkie” mark said and cupped donghyuck’s face “I am also falling deeper for you and I want to marry you too.”

 

“Don’t make me cry I already look ugly just with braces. I don’t want to look even uglier in a moment like that.” Donghyuck said and wiped away his tears.

 

Mark leaned in and kissed his eyes and wet eyelashes softly “first of all you look so adorable with those braces. And nothing in this world can make you look ugly. How can the sun himself look ugly when he is the one who lightens up the whole world? You are so beautiful and shining so bright right now that even the moon is jealous of your light.”

 

“Stop being so sweet oh my god I don’t want to die before I got these out of my mouth please”

 

Mark smiled at him sweetly and pecked a kiss on his cheeks, which made donghyuck pout more “you don’t peck my lips anymore. Is it cause of the braces? You don’t want to kiss me anymore?”

 

Next thing he knew there was thin fingers on his face, caressing his skin while a soft pair of lips kissing him sweetly. He knew he should enjoy the kiss but he continued crying.

 

“I can’t even kiss you like how I used to” donghyuck sobbed when they broke the kiss “I can’t even kiss my freaking boyfriend well. I hate these braces.”

 

“You won’t say the same thing when you show off with your teeth in our wedding, love.”

 

“Our wedding?” donghyuck stopped crying and looked at mark who was already looking at him

 

“We’re going to marry, won’t we?”

 

Donghyuck blushed while still crying, “Yes. We will”

 

They spent the night with planning their wedding. Donghyuck said they have to make a playlist special for it and mark said they also have to make wedding invitations and they tried to choose which concept and theme they are going to use in the wedding and for the invitations. “I want to use the baby blue as the main color” mark first said but then donghyuck said, “I thought about white actually…but if you want baby blue we can use it”. So at the end, they chose the colors baby blue and white as their wedding’s theme.

 

Maybe they were too young to think about getting married and even making plans for it but...“but I love you so much. I won’t marry anyone if it’s not you.” Said softly like a lullaby into the other person’s head.

 

“Are you sure you will still love me when we get all wrinkly and when I became a whiny and grumpy old man?”

 

Mark laughed and kissed donghyuck again.

 

“I will love you forever no matter what. Even if you become a grumpy old man. You will still be my grumpy old man.”

 

Donghyuck hit his chest but still laughed even though his teeth hurted. Mark was making him so happy and that was all that mattered. Even his goddamn braces could not ruin the moment.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

“I literally want to die right now”

 

“Baby please”

 

“I literally want to pull out all of my teeth from my mouth and throw them away.”

 

“Baby…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter