one

this & that.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unni! I’ll go first. It’s going to rain soon,” Ji Hyo’s best friend, Han Ji Min excused herself as she packed up her stuff. Ji Hyo simply nodded, too tired to even reply to her friend. She waved at her friend as Ji Min got into a cab. Ji Hyo sat at her usual seat in the corner of the café, beside the glass window, staring away, the jazz music playing across the café did nothing, but gave her a piece of her mind. Ji Hyo sipped on her iced americano as she looked over her schedule for the next day. She began to plan her activities to do tomorrow but soon realised that she couldn’t really concentrate in her current state of fatigue.

Ji Hyo looked outside the window. It’s raining. She had always loved the rain. It made her feel free and gave her a sense of serenity. Ji Hyo inhaled her surroundings, just as a wave of the smell of freshly baked cakes and pies surrounded her. Now I’m hungry, Ji Hyo thought as she lightly grasped her stomach. She was so tempted to head over to the counter to purchase her favourite chicken pie, but she had promised her mother that she will have dinner at home. Glancing at her phone, Ji Hyo decided that it was time to go, since it was already 6.00 p.m. in the evening. Rummaging through her bag, Ji Hyo scowled when she realised she had forgotten to bring her umbrella. Whatever, I’ll just run to my car.

“Ouch!” Just as Ji Hyo stepped a foot out of the café, a figure had barged into her, causing her to fall and spill her precious cup of iced americano all over the man who had barged into her. Ji Hyo looked up to glare at him, only to see him glaring at her too. She was about to give the man a piece of her mind, when the guy immediately pulled her to the corner of the café, where she had been seating at for the previous few hours. She wanted to retaliate when she saw the man trying to hide his face. Ji Hyo glanced over her shoulder, and saw a guy holding a camera, looking for someone. She immediately concluded that the guy was a reporter or some sort and was trying to photograph the man in front of her. Just that, Ji Hyo eyed the man in front of her, I don’t remember him being a celebrity or anything.

Ji Hyo sighed. She really need to get home now but she’s stuck in this situation. Okay, I’ll just help him once and get out, Ji Hyo decided. Ji Hyo then tried her best to cover the man in front of her from the reporter and when she saw that the reporter was gone, she glared at the man before her.

Kim Jong Kook stared at the lady before him. A while ago, he had escaped from a dinner with an obsessive fan, and he had walked around aimlessly. It was then, when he realised he was being followed by a reporter so he began to walk all around the area. He cursed inwardly when he got lost, since this was a rather remote area. Jong Kook’s eyes sparkled when he saw a café at the end of the aisle of the road. It was raining and currently slippery. He was already as wet as it is and he wanted to walk slowly, but changed his mind when he saw the reporter getting closer. He immediately rushed into the café, bumping into a lady and his shoulder was spilt with iced americano as a result. Hence a few minutes later, he was in this situation.

“Who are you?” Ji Hyo asked directly. She looked up and saw the man’s face full of shock, as if Ji Hyo was supposed to recognize him.

“You don’t know me?” He asked back in disbelief. How could she not know him? He’s a singer for god’s sake! He stared at the lady who was eyeing him nonchalantly, as if it doesn’t matter to her that she doesn’t recognize him.

“Do you know Kim Jong Kook?” He questioned. He saw her thinking over meaningfully and her face light up.

“Ah! He’s the singer Ji Min always talks about,” Jong Kook was about to beam brightly when she continued, “Isn’t he the one who always got into a scandal?”

Jong Kook’s smile was instantly wiped away from his face as he stared at the lady with anger. Did she just insulted him? “I am Kim Jong Kook.”

“Yeah and I am Girls’ Generation’s Yoona,” Ji Hyo scoffed sarcastically.

“Obviously you’re not. She’s a goddess while you,” Jong Kook purposely eyed her from top to bottom while shaking his head. Ji Hyo wanted to retaliate but decided not to as she knows it is not worth it.

“Whatever. I’ll go first,” Without waiting for his reply, not that Ji Hyo would wait anyway, she immediately exited the café and ran to her black IONIQ hybrid Hyundai car and went in wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter