Honeymoon Avenue

Honeymoon Avenue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) Yeri is 23 and Jennie is 26 in this fic

 

Yeri never thought relationships would be this hard, especially when she and Jennie had been dating for three years now and knew each other like the back of their hands.



At least, that was how it used to be. They barely spoke anymore, and the first words Jennie had said to her in half a year were I’ll drive you home and try to sleep. Yeri had complied without a word, and now had her eyes shut and her head resting on her seatbelt strap.



Unsure if she should say something or even of what to say, Yeri maintained her sleeping facade, focusing on the first track of Ariana Grande’s Your’s Truly, which Jennie had popped in a minute earlier, a silent nod to the fact that both of them knew that Yeri was fooling no one.



It was odd, the way they knew each other so well, yet Yeri had no idea how to move forward with interacting with her girlfriend. She missed her. Being in the same confined space as Jennie made Yeri insanely happy, she just didn’t know what to do with that happiness.



“We’re here,” Jennie said as she turned off her car. The music stopped, Yeri snapped out of her reverie and stretched her legs out from the fetal position she was in during the ride, a halfhearted attempt at a restful sleep amidst both of their endless schedules. A familiar brick wall, faded in color and spotted with aged gum met Yeri when she blinked her eyes open, and a she could feel the corners of her lips turn up at the sight.



The small corner of an unused parking lot, where Jennie had Yeri had spent their first date, and the many more that followed. Buried in the night and the little that they could see of each other were the glints off the edges of their faces, the of light in their eyes, reflecting emotions they only had in moments like these.



Yeri could feel the stress release from her shoulders. Jennie was her girlfriend, that hadn’t changed.



“This isn’t my apartment,” Yeri said with a tease in her voice. Jennie grinned sheepishly.



“It’s been awhile since we’ve had comebacks at the same time, I thought that maybe we should celebrate our reunion with a date.” Jennie said with a grunt and pulled out a six-pack of beer from the backseat. Yeri clapped at the sight, her smile widening.



“Oh, that’s exactly what I need right now, you know me so well!” Yeri said with a cackle and she untangled a can from it’s plastic constraints. Jennie watched her girlfriend with softness in her eyes before cracking open herself a drink. She held the can up to Yeri’s.



“To Red Velvet.” She said.



“To Blackpink!” Yeri said back. The cheered and Jennie made a move to drink, before Yeri grabbed her wrist.



“Loveshot, remember?” She said in response to Jennie’s look of confusion.



“Right, loveshot.” Jennie said, a sappy smile graced her features once more. They interlaced arms and drank. Yeri could feel the shell of Jennie’s ear pushed against the side of her head, and she bristled at the realization that this was the closest contact they had had with each other in a long time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter