Chapter Two

Taste Of Your Own Medicine

The alarm went off and Hanbin jolted awake, slapping his hand on the clock. He sighed in the resulting blissful silence and yawned, stretching his body.


Jiwon stirred behind him, pulling Hanbin back against his chest firmly, burying his face in Hanbin’s neck as he whined.


“Baby,” Jiwon slurred, voice rough and deep with sleep, “What time is it?”


Hanbin opened his eyes sleepily and looked at the clock. “12:35,” he replied, wiping away the crust in his eyes and getting up from the bed.


“Where are you going?” Jiwon protested and reached a muscular arm out, making grabbing motions at Hanbin’s body.


“I’m meeting Jaewonnie in half an hour, Jiwon,” Hanbin replied, going into the bathroom to wash up, “Go back to bed.”


He heard Jiwon huff before the sheets shuffled and light snoring filled the air again.


Hanbin picked his phone up after washing up and Jaewon, listening to the phone ring.


Jaewon picked up, “Yah, Kim Hanbin,” he growled sleepily, “Do you know what time it is?”


Hanbin rolled his eyes, “It’s almost one in the afternoon, you dolt. Meet me at the café as soon as possible please. I need your help.”


Jaewon’s voice sharpened in concern, “What’s wrong?”


“I’ll tell you when we meet. Hurry.” Hanbin hung up and went to the hallway, picking up his discarded jacket and leaving the apartment, locking it behind him.


He walked five minutes to the café Jaewon and him frequented often. Also, coincidentally, the café Jiwon and him met at.


He walked in, greeting the workers and sitting down at his usual corner table while one of the baristas started on his usual drink. He was playing on his phone when his drink was set on his table and he looked up, seeing a familiar face.


“Hey, Jinhwan,” Hanbin greeted sweetly, smiling back at his old friend.


“Hanbinnie,” Jinhwan chirped, “Here’s your usual drink. Want me to get Jaewon’s too?”


Hanbin laughed, handing over the money for both drinks, “Yes please. You know us so well.”


“Of course,” Jinhwan chuckled, “I’ve known you both since middle school.” He pocketed the money and skipped back to the counter, humming as he started on Jaewon’s drink.


Hanbin sipped his drink, sighing as the heat of his hot chocolate seeped into his bones. The bell above the door rang and he looked up, waving at Jaewon.


Jaewon grinned, grabbing his drink from Jinhwan and jogging over to Hanbin, collapsing in the seat across from him.


“Hey, Binnie,” Jaewon said, groaning as he took a huge gulp of his piping hot drink, “What’d you need to meet me for?”


“Jaewonnie,” Hanbin began sweetly, making Jaewon narrow his eyes at him suspiciously, “I need your help to make Jiwon jealous."


Jaewon broke out into a broad smile, cackling quietly, “I was wondering when you were finally going to ask me to do this.”


Hanbin smirked, “Since Jiwon doesn’t seem to get it, I’ll just have to make him understand.”


Jaewon snickered, “Ah, bringing out the old charm again? What’s the plan?”


“Well,” Hanbin began, “In two days we’re going to a function of his dad’s. Since Jiwon’s going to end up taking over his company, he wants Jiwon to be immersed in everything.”


“And you want me there?” Hanbin shook his head.


“He already knows you, it wouldn’t work. I wanted you to ask Junhoe for me.” Jaewon hummed in understanding.


“Using my little brother, are we?” Hanbin shrugged, looking nonchalant.


“He’s hot and we used to have flings - which Jiwon knows about. It won’t be a problem for me to flirt with him a little bit. Tell him to bring others if he can.”


Jaewon shook his head, looking amused, “Jiwon’s going to get ed up. You know all of Junhoe’s friends are hot as hell.”


Hanbin smirked slyly, “Exactly. Make sure he brings Yunhyeong.”


“Aka the most touchy one? You got it, Binnie.” Jaewon got up, taking his phone, “I’ll see you later okay?”


Hanbin said goodbye to him and watched him start talking on the phone.


"Hey, JuJu,” Jaewon said, walking out of the café, his voice fading away.


Hanbin leaned back and sighed in satisfaction until his phone buzzed. He looked down at the screen and saw a message from Jiwon.


[Jiwon]
How much longer are you going to be gone? :(((


[Hanbin]
Just done. I’m coming home now.


[Jiwon]
Okay! :D


Hanbin chuckled at Jiwon’s cute text, getting up and drinking the last of his hot chocolate. He threw out the cup and waved goodbye to Jinhwan before leaving and beginning his trek back to their apartment.


His phone buzzed and he saw a message from Junhoe, causing a triumphant smirk to appear on his face.


[Junhoe]
The plan’s a go. Bringing Yunhyeong and Chanwoo ;)


[Junhoe]
Donghyuk’s going too, but he’s mine.


[Hanbin]
Thanks, JuJu. Don’t worry, I won’t touch your angel ;)