002

The Corpse Bride [Taeny]

     Taeyeon sighs hard as she continues to run for her life. She stops by a bridge when she feels her phone vibrating for her pocket. She reaches out and sees a recent news article her friend had just sent to her which reads:

     “Insider reveals Kim Taeyeon caused quite a stir for being unprepared for marriage. Jung Family reacts and Kims are embarrassed!”

     “Ah really?” she groans to herself. This was the last thing she wanted. She didn’t want her upcoming marriage to reach the press because they would only gossip about it. Might even push Jessica to pull out of the wedding. The last thing she wanted was for her parents to get embarrassed because of her. After all, all she wanted was to make her parents proud.

     Taeyeon looks past the town and then runs again until she reaches a darker part of the city. Somehow, she feels a bit serene, though she has to admit that that part of the town was giving out eerie vibes. She was told when she was a kid never to come to that part of the town for reasons even she couldn't understand. But there she was, this was it. This was where she was gonna clear her mind about this whole (mess) thing. Was she really ready to marry Jessica? Is the girl really the love of her life? What if she meets someone better in the future? She groans at all the thoughts that suddenly fills her mind. She hasn't thought about everything yet. They were right.

     She isn't prepared.

     But she believes she'd be able to overcome her thoughts. Maybe she was just nervous. She stops on her tracks and takes deep breaths. She loves Jessica and she's going to do everything to make sure everything falls into place. She reaches out on her pocket and fishes for the ring,

     “I could do this.” She says, trying to be confident this time, “with this hand, I will lift up your sorrows,” she says, softly as she slowly gains confidence for real, she spins merrily as she raises her arm “your cup will never empty for I will be your wine!” she suddenly grabs a tree branch then breaks it as she uses it to imitate a candle lighting, “ with this candle, I will light your way into darkness,” she throws the branch away and proceeds to walk deeper into the forest, she grabs another branch that looks similar to a hand then kneels, “with this ring, I ask you to be mine.”

     She proudly slips the ring into the hand-like branch and she smiles proudly to herself as she realizes that she got the vows correctly this time.

     “That wasn't so bad. Was it?” she asks herself.

     Taeyeon shakes her head at her silliness. Even using nature so she could perfect the vows. She was about to remove the ring from the branch when suddenly a cold breeze of air brushes her causing her to shiver. Suddenly, she hears crows hoarsely cooing in the background and as she turns around, she is greeted with said birds sitting on trees, looking directly at her. Just as she was about to pull the ring out of the branch, it suddenly moves, grabbing her arms, making her jerk backwards.

     She watches in fear as suddenly, the ground opens revealing a dead looking woman in her bridal dress. Taeyeon almost faints when she realizes that the woman's arm (or what's left of it) had been separated from the woman's body and seems to be having a mind of its own. Thunder starts to roar in the area where they were in and Taeyeon swears she almost  her pants. She yanks the hand away from her arm as she regains footing and starts running the opposite direction, hoping to get away from the woman as fast as she could. She wants to make herself believe that everything is just a dream. She didn’t even care that she had left the ring to the scary woman.

     As she was clouded in her own thoughts and fear, she doesn't see a piece of branch that was in her way and she trips, her head hitting a tombstone. That's when she realized where she was. She didn't see it at first because it was dark and foggy. Who would’ve thought she'd end up in a cemetery?

     She crawls backwards and her eyes widen as the scary woman apparently followed her. Taeyeon wanted to cry. Never in her entire life did she wish to encounter something like this. She's probably just dreaming, she believes. Oh how she wished she was just dreaming. She gulps when the woman suddenly raises her eyebrows and Taeyeon's eyes fall into the arm held by the woman herself,

     “You.” The woman says, her husky voice almost making Taeyeon her pants.

     “Don’t hurt me please. I meant no harm!” Taeyeon was practically begging at this point. She'd kiss the dead woman's feet if she had to just so she could live.

     Suddenly, the roaring thunder and violent wind stopped. Taeyeon looks around and everything seems to have gone back to normal. She looks up and is met with the dead woman's eyes. Is she even considered dead though? She's right in front of Taeyeon. The only thing probably stopping Taeyeon from thinking this is a joke are the marks on the woman's body. She's dead. Taeyeon can confirm as explained by all the holes and the worm marks in the woman's body.

     “Silly. Why would I hurt you? You're my wife.” The dead woman suddenly says. She extends a hand for Taeyeon to reach but she chuckles when the other woman refuses to take it.

     Taeyeon couldn't believe her ears. Did the dead just say she was her wife? Wife?!

     “What do you mean I'm your wife?!” she almost shouts. She takes steps backwards to put space between them

     “You recited your vows perfectly. And then put a ring on my finger.” The dead woman responds, showing the ring currently adoring her ring finger (bone).

     Taeyeon is at lost for words at the revelation. This must be somekind of a joke her parents decided to pull on her so she would cancel the marriage with Jessica. She chuckles in amusement, her eyes a little dazed. She turns to look at the girl who was smiling at her and she chuckled again,

     “A dead girl? Really? My parents really had to hire you to act as a dead girl?”

     The dead girl tilts her head at Taeyeon, not fully understanding what the girl was blabberring about. She was just happy that she finally got the closure she's always wanted and somebody finally had the guts to put a ring on her finger. She stares lovingly at the other woman before giving her a creepy smile again. A creepy innocent smile that means no harm, or at least Taeyeon thought.

     “I haven't met your parents yet so that's that.” She takes a step closer at Taeyeon who was frozen on her spot, denial still written on her face “but don't worry Taetae, we got lots of time to meet your parents later. We have forever.” The dead girl cups Taeyeon's face and smiles, leaning in to leave a peck on the frozen woman's cheek.

     “This must be a dream. This has to be.” Taeyeon shakily says before blacking out.

----------------------

A/N: if y'all wanna reach me so we could talk, I've opened a twitter account: @stephxojisoo

Chapters a bit short because the movie was also a little short. Hope everyone enjoys this chapter! :)