LIFE'S BROKEN STRINGS

LIFE'S BROKEN STRINGS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ringing of the bell woke me up from my peaceful sleep. Finally, the boring history class was over. As I thought that I could go out of that hell of a class, Mr. Kim stopped me at the door.

“Park Chanyeol, this is the last time I’m warning you. If you sleep in my class again, I’ll fail you.”

He didn’t even give me the chance to bow to him because as soon as he warned me, he walked out of the class toward the teachers’ office. Sigh. I hated school. I wished senior year would end soon. I stared at the long corridor leading down to the cafeteria.

Lunch? Maybe not today. I thought to myself as I turned around and walked the opposite way leading to a stairway to the rooftop.

Why does life have to be this ty? Why do we have to live according to this human-made system? Those were some of my daily rants about life. I couldn’t stop thinking how the people before this system was created used to live. Like did they have this same system as us? Or did they just live life however they wanted to? I craved for that freedom, for that feeling of being so unattached to anything that made you feel miserable most of your life.

I made sure that no one was on the rooftop before I lit up the cigarette. The day was windy, so I had to turn around to lit it up. And that was when I saw a small figure standing near the edge of the rooftop. At first I didn’t care much about what he was going to do there, until he lifted one foot off the edge and let it hanging in the air.

“HEY!! STOP!! STOP!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??!” I shouted as I ran toward him.

He turned around sharply and I stopped my track.

“Come one step closer and I’ll jump.” His voice was stern, yet I could still hear a hint of fear in it. I held myself and stayed where I stopped. He turned around once again and I started to panic.

“Why are you here?” that was a stupid question but it made him turn around again and I was more than relieved that I wouldn’t witness a suicide.

“You’re really asking me that?” he raised his eyebrows. “It’s either it’s not obvious enough or you’re a dummy. But either way, don’t stop me Park Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter